2016 Presidential Race Topic

JEB BUSH IS NEXT.
1/9/2015 5:13 PM
Hunter's brother?

"I'm not Obama" might be a good campaign strategy.  

1/9/2015 6:26 PM
Pence doesn't have a chance with the quality of the crowd that looks to be in the Republican Primary. Plus, he might have to give up his re-election chances just to run, although he could give Iowa a shot, and if not successful, drop-out of the Presidential race and back to re-election.

He'd be a prime candidate for a cabinet post.

As for Romney, I think it's interesting, perhaps his handlers have him convinced he can pull a Nixon (General election loser in '60, Presidency in '68) or Reagan ('68 and '76 Primary loser, '80 winner), but he has nowhere near the political chops those men had. I don't think he pulls the trigger, it's also an odd move as it takes away the "Hillary is old" talking point, with Romney being a few months older.
1/9/2015 7:03 PM
Romney can't win.  He's been recorded saying that it's not his job to worry about 47% of the U.S. population.
1/9/2015 7:40 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
That's kind of what he said, but not quite what he meant, although Dems did a great job beating him over the head with that commentary.

Politics is just odd at times. Romney could drop the "deeply conservative" act and run as a moderate can-do candidate willing to work with any to put on the country on the right track. He could highlight his givings to his church (which he didn't want to highlight in previous runs). He could say that some of the commentary of the last campaign ("self deportation", "47 percent", etc.) was him trying to hard to be someone he is not, and how in this campaign he's going to be more of himself.

I'm not saying he would do something like that, but it seems what you say in past campaigns don't generally harm you in future ones. Bringing up things he said in the past would generate some, "Eh, that was years ago when he said that."

Also, for what it's worth. He's 100% vetted. There's nothing in his life history that's going to surprise anyone. That's also one of the strengths Hillary has. She's been in the public eye for 23+ years, there's no more dirt out there on her.
1/9/2015 8:56 PM
Romney is toast. No way he can run on saying he was trying to be someone he's not. Who's he going to be tomorrow? Or next year? He'd get crushed on that. Even worse than "flip flopper".
1/9/2015 9:58 PM
I think it's quite humorous the liberal media and the lemming liberals;  who never question their masters in their effort to reach the cliff,  and the establishment republicans; who assume Carl Rove and money equals a win as they slowly apply the breaks to the civilization bus driving over the cliff,  assume they will pick the next presidential candidates.  

I thought there was an intermediate.  I like to call them the people.  I'd like to think I'm one of them and my opinion will not be swayed by the number of advertisements they can force upon us in commercial breaks.  I pray we go deeper than the headlines in the daily local rag, failing and controlled by Associated Press and the New York Times.  That we not be influenced by the polls or numbers published.  A populist swell fueled by common sense based on what was actually said during a debate and not money or popularity polls.  That is my hope.

It's early and I'm sorry if I spoiled your Panther Party.  Apologies to Forrest Gump.  I care not a wit what the democrats bring to the table.  The leadership has been overrun by the elitist  left and it would take a decade to clean it up. It will take a generation for democrats to take their party back.  I don't know that they can.   Or ever will.  What they can do is come over.  They should feel comfortable in the new moderate right.

So have some fun.  Make your picks and opinions and realize it's early.  Run with it.  Let's see what happens.  But I refuse to go with the buzz or listen to a lying media.  I want to see a debate once everybody is in.  I'll go from there.

Carry on.
1/10/2015 7:30 PM
Paul Ryan decides not to run. Not surprising, he's as interesting as a stack of potatoes, and with the potential candidates in the Republican primary there's not a path to victory. He can have his choice of whatever committee he wants in the House, and perhaps be Speaker if he wants it when Boehner steps down (which I think he will if Hillary wins).
1/13/2015 2:41 PM
George Pataki (former New York Governor) is considering a bid. He must miss mattering.
1/13/2015 2:44 PM
Sure enough, Romney is giving a more populist message highlighting his work with his church. The man is a machine that will say and do anything to be President. Not that everyone else won't do the same, but they don't necessarily have the history of conflicting statements.

For what it's worth if the Republican Party ends up with Romney, Bush, Christie, and Paul among others, that's a nice group to choose from. It would also feature 3 people who had a father that also ran for President.
1/18/2015 2:39 AM
3 Repugs and a conservative.  Makes my vote very easy in the primaries.
1/18/2015 1:50 PM
I like Rubio. Talks a good game, but I don't think he runs this time. Jeb likely being in pushes him out, regardless of his comments saying otherwise. He's also up for re-election. He's in his early to mid 40s, so there's plenty of time for him to run in the future.
1/20/2015 12:27 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.