2016 Presidential Race Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Trump is now saying his performance was so awful because he was given a defective mic. Oi vey.
9/27/2016 9:19 AM
Posted by The Taint on 9/27/2016 9:19:00 AM (view original):
Trump is now saying his performance was so awful because he was given a defective mic. Oi vey.
What did you expect him to say?

"I was unprepared and my ego prevents me from allowing any perceived slight to go unanswered. So, instead of clearly explaining policies that might help me get elected, I ramble on, incoherently, about things that make me look like an ******* and an idiot."
9/27/2016 11:39 AM
Well said.
9/27/2016 12:04 PM
Posted by moy23 on 9/27/2016 12:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 9/25/2016 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Tomorrow's debate:

Trump is going to win the debate hands down. Every online poll will show that. By Thursday the regular polls will show the victory bounce.

But on Monday night, immediately after the debate, all the lefty pundits will be talking about how Hillary crushed Trump in the debates. They will be wrong again, blinded by their bias. They are so disconnected from 'the people'.

Moy the Soothsayer has spoken. It is known.

aaaaaaand the pundits all say hillary crushed Trump.

watch the polls. Thursday will be an Yuuuuuge day. It will be BIGLY!
It's happening again, just like in the Republican primaries. The pundits have no idea. They are clueless.... They still think Hillary won the debate..... Yet the only person anyone is taking about today is Trump. More free media for our next president.
9/27/2016 6:58 PM
Turns out a Reddit group is responsible for Trump winning online polls...lol, you can't make this **** up.

You may be getting trolled right now without even knowing it.

Donald Trump supporters artificially manipulated the results of online polls to create a false narrative that the Republican nominee won the first presidential debate on Monday night.

There’s an unspoken rule of the internet: Never trust online polls. They’re too easily corruptible.

4chan, the notorious message board, has a long history of botting online competitions. In 2009, users flooded the Time 100 poll to ensure that the site’s founder, Christopher “moot” Poole, made the cut. In 2012, the pranksters employed JavaScript to vote for North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in Time’s annual Person of the Year poll and followed suit the next year with Miley Cyrus and Edward Snowden. 4chan also ensured a school for the deaf won a Taylor Swift concert. Likewise, a Twitter prankster helped send Pitbull to Kodiak, Alaska, as part of an online challenge by Walmart in 2012.

These types of efforts aren’t always successful, but given the tight turn of online polls during debates, they’re highly susceptible to such pranks.

In this latest incarnation, multiple Reddit users enlisted the Trump-supporting masses on r/The_Donald, which has over 200,000 subscribers, by posting dozens of online polls that are vulnerable to vote brigading, bots, and other forms of manipulation that make these non-scientific surveys notoriously unreliable.

The goal, according to comments surrounding the poll-manipulation threads, is to twist the mainstream media narrative that crowned Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton the victor. The effort spread to Twitter, where #TrumpWon became the number one trending topic in the United States Tuesday morning.

Polls that were not open to public voting consistently put Clinton ahead of Trump. In aflash poll by Public Policy Polling, Clinton led Trump 51 to 40. A CNN/ORC poll conducted immediately following the debate found significantly stronger support for Clinton, who topped Trump 62 to 27.

The efforts originated from users of the pro-Trump Reddit community r/The_Donald and4chan messaged boards, which bombarded around 70 polls, including those launched byTime, Fortune, and CNBC.

While screwing with online polls will likely have little effect on the overall results of the election, which is currently in a dead heat between Trump and Clinton, the activities of Trump's supporters foreshadow the tactics we may see come election night—especially if Trump falls behind.

Update 3:51pm CT, Sept. 27: Added additional contextual information about 4chan's poll manipulation efforts.

9/27/2016 8:27 PM
it is weird that all the pros have it Hollary

but after Brexit maybe the pros aren't in the know

mighty good moke by 4chan if true
9/27/2016 9:48 PM
what i'm enjoying right now is bridgegate

too bad the Dumpster didn't pick his close pal Christie
9/27/2016 9:51 PM
The state of Washington..... Latest poll has Dull Hillary up only 6. WOW!!!
9/28/2016 7:49 PM
The only scientific survey conducted in the debate's immediate aftermath was the CNN/ORC instant poll, which showed that viewers thought Hillary Clinton handily defeated Trump. Respondents to a Morning Consult poll released Wednesday also said, 49% to 26%, that Clinton bested Trump in the debate.
9/29/2016 12:18 AM
Posted by moy23 on 9/28/2016 7:49:00 PM (view original):
The state of Washington..... Latest poll has Dull Hillary up only 6. WOW!!!
Obviously didn't have much of King County polled. Romney won 23 of the 39 counties in 2012. King county is bigger than the next five combined. It carries the state. Pierce, the third biggest is heavily dem also.
9/29/2016 12:25 AM
Posted by moy23 on 9/14/2016 10:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/2/2016 10:28:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/1/2016 4:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 9/1/2016 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 9/1/2016 4:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/1/2016 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Here's a good bet. No money, just forum posting.

Clinton wins, moy goes away for 3 months.
Trump wins, badluck goes away for 9 months.

That's a win for a bunch of people.
I'm in if moy is.

Moy???
No f'ing way! When Trump wins I can't wait to hear BL ***** and moan on a daily basis while we watch a brilliant businessman go to work on the nation!!! Touchdown baby! Moy23 be like SPIKE THE FOOTBALL all day long!!! It's gonna be AWESOME!!!
Fine.

How about the loser adds the following to the bottom of every post:

I'm a YUUUUUGE ******* idiot.
Moy?
You're on. I'm your huckleberry.
Just keeping this nearby.
9/29/2016 10:19 AM

9/29/2016 10:54 PM
LA Times poll the last three days.... Trump +4, +4, +5 today
9/30/2016 9:04 AM
◂ Prev 1...492|493|494|495|496...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.