2016 Presidential Race Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/15/2017 3:33:00 PM (view original):
Imported goods keep a lot of people employed.

So, for every job he's creating by "tough love" on foreign products, he's killing another job. Congrats?
Please explain. He's taking jobs from Mexico..... And not just the immediate factory jobs, the suppliers other parts vendors as well that come with the production increase. They are moving to the US. There is a gain in the US. How is that killing another US job?
1/15/2017 4:53 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/15/2017 5:25:00 PM (view original):
I know you live in middle America but have you heard of these things called "ports"? It's not just a plug in your computer. Products from other countries are shipped to America. You have people who clear them with customs, you have workers who unload them from ships, you have workers who load them on trucks, you have the folks who dispatch the trucks and you have the truck drivers.
How do the products get from the new US factory to the consumer?... I'll tell you, you have workers who load them on trucks, you have the folks who dispatch the trucks and you have the truck drivers. So really it's just customs jobs (assuming we import less) that may take a hit based on your assumption...... But we replace those government customs jobs with more private industry factory jobs, which creates more private industry supplier production jobs.... And don't forget the contractor jobs as these companies invest in improving their infrastructure.
1/15/2017 5:58 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/15/2017 6:26:00 PM (view original):
I simplified it, a lot, but every port employs thousands. I won't even mention the reason we import so much is because it's just cheaper to build in Japan, ship to Norfolk and distribute from there. The sheer cost of building in the US we create inflation that you won't imagine(or maybe just admit).

I'm sure you know why Mexicans jumping the fence can easily find employment.

As soon as Trump's America is self-contained, people will HAVE to make $15 an hour at McDonalds just so they can afford to not be homeless.

That said, I don't think Congress is stupid enough to allow isolationism. It didn't work before, it won't work again.
Trumps not looking for isolationism. He wants better trade deals. He wants to INCENTIVE companies (foreign and domestic) to produce goods in the USA. Thus repatriation of funds, much lower corporate taxes, and large scale deregulation. Only a drama queen or a liberal would think that's isolationism.
1/15/2017 8:35 PM
Stupidity is editing a 4 word post.
1/15/2017 11:18 PM
Posted by RCBracco on 1/15/2017 10:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by moy23 on 1/15/2017 8:35:00 PM (view original):
I simplified it, a lot, but every port employs thousands. I won't even mention the reason we import so much is because it's just cheaper to build in Japan, ship to Norfolk and distribute from there. The sheer cost of building in the US we create inflation that you won't imagine(or maybe just admit).

As soon as Trump's America is self-contained, people will HAVE to make $15 an hour at McDonalds just so they can afford to not be homeless.

That said, I don't think Congress is stupid enough to allow isolationism. It didn't work before, it won't work again.
Trumps not looking for isolationism. He wants better trade deals. He wants to INCENTIVE companies (foreign and domestic) to produce goods in the USA. Thus repatriation of funds, much lower corporate taxes, and large scale deregulation. Only a drama queen or a liberal would think that's isolationism.
TRUMP IS A TURD!
Look what libs have resorted to.... Thus makes me laugh. Trump +1, Libs 0.
1/16/2017 1:03 AM

Trump to continue using @realDonaldTrump account as president

OMG THAT'S SO UNPRECEDENTED!!!
1/16/2017 7:16 AM

He wants to make it less lucrative to import goods. I'm not sure you're saying anything different.
1/16/2017 8:57 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2017 8:57:00 AM (view original):

He wants to make it less lucrative to import goods. I'm not sure you're saying anything different.
We have an ever growing trade deficit. Trump wants to reverse this trend. I hope he can. If successful, we'll have many more higher paying manufacturing and tech jobs, versus the minimum wage and part time service jobs Obama has created.
1/16/2017 9:21 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...559|560|561|562|563...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.