Manage Ur Tail Off! Potentially Full!!! Topic

As well as wanting this league to fill soon, I have another to brag up. Dlcunc31 has a league that sounds intriguing, based on the time of the All-Star games. I too remember how special these games were. Check it out in the forum, it's another low-capper: Unusual Summer Classic 70m cap/6 mill salary 10in
4/18/2014 4:23 PM
To the top. As we are getting close, if there are those in who would like a second team. I'll open that up. I had two last season, one good team and one bad in opposite divisions. This made it fun. 
4/19/2014 2:42 PM
Happy Easter my baseball friends!
4/20/2014 7:48 AM
Looking for 6 brave souls to fill this very fun league. This isn't the league where you set your lineup and hope for the best, managing is a premium and juggling lineups and minor league call-ups is tricky and fun. You will manage not only lineups but fatigue. Dive in and experience the low-cap life!
4/21/2014 7:11 AM
I will join with 1980's Houston pitching and 1980's Oriole hitting
4/21/2014 11:30 PM
One division to go. I'll enter a second team if we can get four more teams. 
4/25/2014 9:03 AM
I'm working on a second team now. Folks just lost out on a Phillies / Orioles combo... 80's / 60's. 
4/27/2014 8:09 PM
Only one division to go!
4/28/2014 9:05 PM
I'll join with Moneyball 2000s A's batters and '90s Expos pitchers
4/28/2014 10:15 PM
And then there were 3. Thanks for joining Zoldab!
4/29/2014 7:08 AM
I am going with 70-79 Yanks as pitching.  I will let you know if it changes.  I am looking at other teams as well.
4/29/2014 12:32 PM (edited)
Posted by polymerguy on 4/6/2014 8:13:00 AM (view original):
Two divisions full... A pretty good start for a low-cap league where only the strong and courageous battle. And for the fun of it, tell us why the two you chose are your favorites or why you think they are a great combo for this league. 

I chose Tigers because it's the team I grew up with. I live in the middle of MI and grew up with some great 80's Tiger teams, and some real losers. 

I started pulling for the Brew Crew when they headed to the National League. I always liked them but couldn't pull for a team competing with my Tiges. I've not yet visited Miller Park, but it's on my list. 
I missed this before. But here goes....

Why 70's Dodgers? The Dodgers are my favorite team (first of three) and I was hoping to put a version of Sutton on but that didn't work out. We still got to get Tommy John, Burt Hooton, Rick Rhoden, Al Downing, and Doyle Alexander for our rotation which isn't too shabby for a $60M league. In addition, the bullpen is pretty solid for $8.5M, led by Pete Mikkelsen, Pete Richert, and Jim Brewer. Tried to get to 1300 IP's. Got close at 1287.

Why '80's Oakland? I actually despise the Oakland Athletics (ok, too strong, but they are near my least favorite) however I always enjoyed watching Rickey and Canseco play. I was hoping to get the bash brothers together but that didn't necessarily work out. I did get them both on the team but neither as a full-time starter. Oakland had alot of cheap players and the starting line-up sounds like an All-Star team but only two starters have 600 or more PA's (Kingman and Parker) and we only drafted 4575 total non-pitcher PA's.

We will be very dependent on AAA this season and their quality may be the telling tale with this team (that and how lucky I get managing this season!). Good luck all!
4/30/2014 1:53 AM
Awesome ricky. I've never been a huge A's fan either.

Welcome to jimkelley87 as well. If everyone who asked for a team would get your team signed in, we are almost there. 2 teams to go! If a couple would like to get a second team, we could probably get started pretty quick.
4/30/2014 8:29 AM
Two teams to go and we can get started. Any questions on low-cap, check out the basic baseball thread for a great "drafting low cap help". 
4/30/2014 6:21 PM
I have entered a 60s Phillies team with 70s Orioles pitching.  The 70s Yanks pitching is now available.
4/30/2014 7:36 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Manage Ur Tail Off! Potentially Full!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.