Posted by jibe on 4/19/2014 9:44:00 AM (view original):
jf has indeed been running the offense for my Florida (Warner) team. That has however come to an end.

I have nothing bad to say about jf, he is trustworthy, had access to my account, and believes in what he's doing. However with Florida the offense just wasn't clicking. One can try to surmise as to why, perhaps the form IQ wasn't good enough. It is low in the SG yet. Perhaps the QB's aren't good enough. This season they aren't great QB's. I do believe they are better than they have performed and I believe in a more balanced O that the performance level will improve.

My own belief of why the team has struggled is that personnally I believe at 1A the talent level is just too close and that a one dimensional Offense will be overcome by game planning by the opponent. You know whats coming and when talent is equal its just a matter of setting the GP to stop it and as most know guessing right in the GP in this engine is huge. But I don't believe now that an all pass SG O will work at 1A. If jf proves me wrong at San Jose I will have no problem tipping my hat to him. But at this point in time I was left with no choice but to put an end to the airraid at Florida. I need to have a respectful showing in the final 3 games and get the best bowl I can now and hopefully win it.

Again there is no hard feelings between jfootball and myself. We move on. I ignore these forums for the most part now but felt a need to respond here.

That was a lucid, intelligent, well-thought-out post.
4/19/2014 12:41 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 4/19/2014 8:48:00 AM (view original):
At D3, you can have relatively equal overall talent (deep in the playoffs), but still have "gaps" in individual areas.  Example:  one team may have what amounts to a significant advantage in TECH, or ATH, or GI.  Most teams will be pretty equal when it comes to STR on STR, BLK on TKL, and SPD on SPD.

The higher you go, the "individual attribute gaps" begin to disappear.  Those other factors of ATH, TECH, GI and FIQ begin to "count more" in the mathematical equations.
I think is is all true. I would add 2 additional points:

First, even at the elite levels of D3 there are players that stand out above the rest. Much more than seems to be the case at 1A.

Second, there is a faster drop off in talent in D3 as you go down the depth chart than you see at 1A. So, if I'm in Dime, with 6 DBs on the field and you are targeting an elite WR, even if I have equal talent and play it exactly right there is a reasonable chance you have a mismatch against someone other than my #1 CB. That mismatch wouldn't be nearly as pronounced at higher levels.
4/19/2014 1:46 PM
All informative!  Ty guys.  I enjoy the rivalries I have made in div 3 so I doubt I will ever move up, so the only info I have is from the forums.  Everything you say makes sense.  

4/19/2014 2:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.