NFL Draft League #2: Commentary Thread Topic

Posted by tonyvoss on 4/12/2014 4:06:00 PM (view original):
Last year I had no name WR's , really not a strong RB, not even a top ten O-Line or Defense. And this draft I asked to draft last.
And you guys put in my lap three great WR's and WES CHANDLER is not overkill. I bet after this season some of you
Will be talking a different tune. HELLO CAN YOU SAY TWO PEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yawn
4/12/2014 9:21 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 4/9/2014 11:47:00 PM (view original):
OK - gencos team is terrifying. Every pick he's made so far was a huge value at the spot he got him. Right now his team is pretty similar to mine last year...except he has Aaron Rodgers instead of Philip Rivers. Yikes.
You got that right...we all know what he normally does with Rodgers, now give him a great defense too?  Scary!  But he didn't have Rivers last year, he had Coles and Filchoke
4/13/2014 3:50 AM
Posted by grayfoxx on 4/12/2014 12:23:00 PM (view original):
Moon, Landry, Romo, O'brien, Jurgensen, and Alex Smith - 6 newbies(with 2 picks still to be made)

Add Vick and Staubach
While two of the best ever sit undrafted.  I won't mention the names but you know who they are...#13 and 16 (19 for two years) if that gives you a clue.

How many Matt Millen's do we have drafting here lol???
4/13/2014 4:00 AM
I like my team so far, but hangin with genco and some of the other strong drafts is gonna be tough.  I drank the Kool aid of the breakdown I did for you guys and took the best O line out there and a $37 mill D, which is strong in pass D and TO's.  That was done just to try to shut down genco and Rodgers.  I may have found something last season to nullify his playbook with a strong pass D with my two routs over him, but as they say, the great ones always find ways to compensate.

I got GREAT value with Campbell, decent value with Rivers, and Gordon and Pihos are unsung.  I'm one "best available wideout" from a contending team, but depth will be a problem after spending so much on D.  Wont have much on special teams or K/P
4/13/2014 4:07 AM
I am putting together a team of guys I liked or admired when I was younger outside the Seattle D. On paper it's probably not the best but I don't mind trying different things. I know the sim doesn't work that way and it's all about stats. I have always thought Moon was under appreciated and just wanted to see how he would fair in this environment.
4/13/2014 8:12 AM
Posted by amerk1180 on 4/13/2014 3:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tarheel1991 on 4/9/2014 11:47:00 PM (view original):
OK - gencos team is terrifying. Every pick he's made so far was a huge value at the spot he got him. Right now his team is pretty similar to mine last year...except he has Aaron Rodgers instead of Philip Rivers. Yikes.
You got that right...we all know what he normally does with Rodgers, now give him a great defense too?  Scary!  But he didn't have Rivers last year, he had Coles and Filchoke
he meant that he had Rivers last year .... Foles was an experiment I likely won't try again at least in this format.
4/13/2014 8:29 AM
genco have you been spying? (I would like to open an investigation on this by the way....I always had suspicious you were a Belichick disiple)

I'm going solid all around, sticking with the formula I used last season. My team did very well, but I limited myself badly last season by only being able to use certain formations. This season I am opening it up a bit more.............and bringing a stinging defense that will make Rex Ryan lower his head in shame.

Being a Chief fan and a firm believer in Marty ball.....Anyone can get on ESPN high lights, player of the week, MVPs, Pro Bowls, regular season wins BUT SuperBowl rings come from Defense and special teams. Give me a Steve DeBergs type QB if I have a top 5 def and good running game to go with him!!
4/13/2014 11:20 AM
nah I am not a Belicheat disciple, lol

4/13/2014 11:48 AM
Posted by tonyvoss on 4/12/2014 4:06:00 PM (view original):
Last year I had no name WR's , really not a strong RB, not even a top ten O-Line or Defense. And this draft I asked to draft last.
And you guys put in my lap three great WR's and WES CHANDLER is not overkill. I bet after this season some of you
Will be talking a different tune. HELLO CAN YOU SAY TWO PEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Uh, as to which "No Name" receivers are you referring to exactly, Mr. Wanna-Be Repeat?   

If memory serves, you had Wes Chandler (Rcv Smn 88 Rcv Rt 76), Jimmy Smith of the Jags (93 & 59), Andre Johnson (93 & 58) and Rob Gronkowski (78 & 62) on your title winning team. 

Oh yeah, you also had Marcus Allen, who in case you haven't heard, is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.  

And you had Henry Cavill's Man Of Steel at qb; i.e. 2011 Aaron Rodgers.

Bottom line, your team was damn good, loaded with a lot of great players.  It wasn't exactly filled with Matt Millen/Jeff Ireland draft choices.  

4/13/2014 2:59 PM (edited)
Posted by gencoimports on 4/13/2014 11:48:00 AM (view original):
nah I am not a Belicheat disciple, lol

Lol, but I am, so watch out!!
4/13/2014 2:56 PM
Oh roadhouse19 now you're paying attention very good. I think this team might be somewhat decent that
Am drafting this season. Only time will tell.STAY TUNED !!!!!!!!!!!!!
4/13/2014 9:52 PM
general question for you WIS FB experts; & you can SM me privately or respond here-

I see discussions about choosing playbooks, and allusions about owners deconstructing others' playbooks. I don;'t understand this. Is it possible to view how other owners have set their formations and defensive emphases? I thought the only things I could see is my own settings (2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE.... favor run.... pass agressive.... / on DEF, focus pass in general, but heavy run on 3rd-and-1............). What insights can be directrly observed or inferred about how other owners set up their teas, aside from the obvious after-the-fact choice of plays?
4/14/2014 12:45 PM
Posted by tomhanrahan on 4/14/2014 12:45:00 PM (view original):
general question for you WIS FB experts; & you can SM me privately or respond here-

I see discussions about choosing playbooks, and allusions about owners deconstructing others' playbooks. I don;'t understand this. Is it possible to view how other owners have set their formations and defensive emphases? I thought the only things I could see is my own settings (2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE.... favor run.... pass agressive.... / on DEF, focus pass in general, but heavy run on 3rd-and-1............). What insights can be directrly observed or inferred about how other owners set up their teas, aside from the obvious after-the-fact choice of plays?
Just look at the play by play of the games Tom. It's not THAT hard!
4/14/2014 2:49 PM
Well, I'm very happy with my team.  Hopefully set up for an explosive offense with Manning throwing to Boston, Carr, Maynard, and Heap (plus another undrafted $2+ mil receiver) and Charles there to keep defenses honest and break some long runs.  If the Cardinals defense holds up, I'm feeling pretty good about my chances.
4/14/2014 7:14 PM
I didn't expect Aaron Rodgers to be available at 4 and thought about taking him but wanted to redeem myself with OJ.  Lots of great QB's and I was happy to get Fouts in round #2.
4/14/2014 7:21 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
NFL Draft League #2: Commentary Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.