Yankee cheating Dandy? Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 4/25/2014 11:18:00 AM (view original):
Hard to disagree with much of that.

However, every ex-pitcher talking head says "Yeah, it's commonplace when it's cold."   If that's the case, do something with the rule.   You obviously don't want anyone going out there with a gob on their person but put a damn stick of it behind the mound or something. 
It'd be to hard to enforce the rule.  Who's to say what "mess" is pinetar and what "mess" isn't.  Just don't be a foll and put it out there so damn obvious.  No one will call you out on it if it's "hidden".
4/25/2014 12:08 PM
That's why you regulate it.   MLB provides whatever like they provide the rosin bag.  "This is what you can use."
4/25/2014 12:19 PM
Once they do that, people will say that pinetar is a competitive advantage.  How can it not be one?  Sure, most of the reasoning behind it, is for better grip in the cold.  However, a better grip can allow you to throw better curves and sliders.   Also, what if the pitcher lathers his fingers with a ton of pinetar?  That can adjust the trajectory of the ball.

This issue is a slippery slope.  I really don't think that the MLB will do a thing.  I just think they'll quietly tell the teams, to make sure they tell their pitchers to not be complete buffons out there.
4/25/2014 2:50 PM
What part of "regulate" is beyond your understanding?
4/25/2014 3:17 PM
Are they going to go out and check how much pine tar they put on their hands?

What your proposing just won't work.

Keep the rule the way it is....and if someone is as stupid as Pineda, they deserve to be suspended.
4/25/2014 5:58 PM
The rule is "no foreign substance".   That means none.   Which means "Just don't be obvious" is not being enforced if it's understood that everyone does it.

What I'm proposing is an actual solution rather than a "Well, everyone does it so just don't be obvious and we'll look the other way" bullshit. 

It's like licking their fingers.  Pitchers say "It's cold, can I lick my fingers?"   Umps say "Sure."   Doesn't mean the pitcher licks his fingers until they're dripping wet.
4/25/2014 6:45 PM
Do you lick your fingers before you shove them up your *** Mike???
4/25/2014 10:54 PM
Or does pine tar make the insertion process more "fun" for a man such as yourself?
4/25/2014 10:55 PM
tecwrg "helps"him
4/26/2014 6:04 AM
Posted by rsp777 on 4/25/2014 10:54:00 PM (view original):
Do you lick your fingers before you shove them up your *** Mike???
Your wife licks my dick before I shove it up her ***.   Does that count?
4/26/2014 7:25 AM
How will they regulate it? The ump comes out and puts the allowed amount of pine tar on a pitchers hand?

Also..wow...A "your wife" joke. ******* lame.
4/26/2014 9:12 AM
He couldn't get a woman the quality of my wife OR my girlfriend even if he was waving around 5 grand in Vegas, so **** HIM. He's an insignificant, braggin', boasting internet troll if there ever was one.
4/29/2014 11:18 PM
Go field another ground ball like a "pro" there "softball guy"...you're a ******* JOKE *****!!!
4/29/2014 11:22 PM
Says the guy blathering on at 11:30 at night.   Did you wife finally leave you so you'e boozing it up and posting?   Get a ******* life.
4/30/2014 7:13 AM
◂ Prev 12
Yankee cheating Dandy? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.