5 simultaneous seasons - Drafting Topic

Had my eye on Mize and Burkett.... back to the draft board
4/30/2014 8:20 PM
Posted by markeking on 4/30/2014 6:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/30/2014 6:19:00 PM (view original):
Jesse Burkett
Before I took Abreu in the last round, I really wanted to pull the trigger and take Burkett. He has terrific value in multiple seasons. The only thing that stopped me from taking him is my fear that I couldn't fit him under all the salary caps. Even at $120M it would have been tight with my other picks. Still, I think he's a great choice, especially for this late in the draft.
As of right now, I can't use his best seasons which kinda sucks but I can still use his good ones.
4/30/2014 8:48 PM
Sandy Alomar Jr.
4/30/2014 8:51 PM
Goose Goslin
4/30/2014 8:54 PM
Denny Lyons
4/30/2014 9:00 PM
Really liked the Johnny Mize pick. I was torn between him and Delgado at 1b. Delgado seemed to have better low cost options.
4/30/2014 10:04 PM
Can't stay up any longer.  Sent proxy to buddhagamer and SpotSell
4/30/2014 10:23 PM
Sorry for holding us up ... just got in.  Against my better judgment, I'll go with   P  Justin Verlander
4/30/2014 11:10 PM
I'm wore out so maybe I'm not thinking straight, but how can we go "back on the clock" tomorrow if we don't finish this round tonight?  I believe I cannot pick tonight because we are not caught up and that is fine, but won't this cause an issue tomorrow morning?  Is it just going to be a free-for-all tomorrow til those of us who haven't picked tonight are caught up?
4/30/2014 11:53 PM
Posted by ybjsports on 4/30/2014 11:53:00 PM (view original):
I'm wore out so maybe I'm not thinking straight, but how can we go "back on the clock" tomorrow if we don't finish this round tonight?  I believe I cannot pick tonight because we are not caught up and that is fine, but won't this cause an issue tomorrow morning?  Is it just going to be a free-for-all tomorrow til those of us who haven't picked tonight are caught up?
I'm assuming *this* round selections aren't due until tomorrow (therefore you don't have to make your selection for this round until late tomorrow night).  Next round selections won't be on the clock until Friday.
4/30/2014 11:59 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 4/30/2014 11:59:00 PM (view original):
I'm assuming *this* round selections aren't due until tomorrow (therefore you don't have to make your selection for this round until late tomorrow night).  Next round selections won't be on the clock until Friday.
Siddhartha is correct.  The picks just made were not due until Thursday, which as I type is now today.  Check page two and you will see.

Play ball

5/1/2014 2:57 AM
Mike Hegan
5/1/2014 9:24 AM
John Tudor
5/1/2014 9:27 AM
Ken Sanders
5/1/2014 10:34 AM
Posted by SpotSell on 5/1/2014 2:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by buddhagamer on 4/30/2014 11:59:00 PM (view original):
Siddhartha is correct.  The picks just made were not due until Thursday, which as I type is now today.  Check page two and you will see.

Play ball

Perfect, thanks.  Hopefully I'll be thinking more clearly tonight when I make me picks.
5/1/2014 10:54 AM
◂ Prev 1...30|31|32|33|34...53 Next ▸
5 simultaneous seasons - Drafting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.