Development Blog Update - See Above Topic

1. Add a 5th line to the depth chart for nuance purposes or when you need to skip a slot for prioritization reasons

2. I also wish that there was a way to get the new season's recruiting money earlier than when the world rolls over.  Like, say, in conjunction with the jobs process, there should be a box that can be checked that would lock you in to remaining at your current school and prevents you from applying for other jobs but which would also free up your new recruiting money to begin the FSS process.  They can even add on the disclaimer "Are you sure?  Checking this box has ramifications, etc." confirmation page.  To only have a day and a half to FSS may not always fit into someone's schedule, but adding 2 or 3 days to that would be a huge help.

3. Absolutely yes to being able to pre-load the first cycle's recruiting actions.

4. Be able to see an additional year's worth of recruits or some approximation thereof.  This would add tons of strategy if a coach chooses to use it.

5. Come up with a damn marketing plan for a change to bring in new coaches.

4/21/2014 11:27 AM
I will be very interested to hear their recruiting process ideas/changes.

My biggest pet peeve is scouting visits providing random information -  would be very happy if they provided options for coaches to choose.

Or  various levels/cost of scouting visits so that you could get certain number of skill potentials (could be choosen by user or standard groups like a guard cluster / forward cluster / random cluster, etc - all at varies prices). 

I also think that at D2 and D3 the schools prestige should be more tied to the coach rather than the school.  So if a coach leaves that won a couple of titles, the schools prestige would drop a significant amount (depending on who takes over anyway).  I can see an argument for this being a smaller factor at D1 for some schools.

We could go on and on about changes and have - I just hope they solict some more organized feedback before they make big changes.

4/21/2014 4:41 PM
Re recruiting changes - I can see an argument for a more dynamic approach by adding other variables that might sway recruits more to one school or another.

For instance - some players could be more interested in  coaches who have been loyal to school - a coaching prestige factor which is very important in RL, offense/defense of team, promising soph. starts.  I know there is some factor currently for promised starts and minutes - but it seems relatively small.

For instance, right now at D2/D3 it's almost impossible recruit a player from long distance (greater than 360 miles) vs. a school that  is inside the 360 mile radius - regardless of prestige of the school. 

In sum, I do like the recruiting process currently but I can see some tweaks that might add some more interest.
4/21/2014 4:50 PM
I'd love to see an option to send a rejection letter to a recruit, so they no longer consider you.  I just did a couple of scouting trips and a scholarship offer on an international player, then realized he only had a 1 WE. He started considering me before I realized about the 1 WE. Dropped the offer and tried a redshirt, but he is still considering me. Why can't I send him a letter saying, after further review, you are a bum and we don't want you on our team. At D1 it's really important to not look overextended.
4/21/2014 5:14 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 4/21/2014 5:14:00 PM (view original):
I'd love to see an option to send a rejection letter to a recruit, so they no longer consider you.  I just did a couple of scouting trips and a scholarship offer on an international player, then realized he only had a 1 WE. He started considering me before I realized about the 1 WE. Dropped the offer and tried a redshirt, but he is still considering me. Why can't I send him a letter saying, after further review, you are a bum and we don't want you on our team. At D1 it's really important to not look overextended.
Agreed, chapelhill. That plus the more diverse scouting reports would be good additions. 
4/21/2014 5:43 PM
Posted by bbunch on 4/21/2014 5:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 4/21/2014 5:14:00 PM (view original):
Agreed, chapelhill. That plus the more diverse scouting reports would be good additions. 
I was going to request a hitman visit the recruit after practice, but I suppose a letter would work.
4/21/2014 7:25 PM
I would really like to see an additional "notes" tab on a players profile.  This would be helpful to log a players potentials when you recruit them, and to note things like when a player turns from blue to black.  Sometimes I forget if a player was blue or black in an attribute when I recruited them.  I remember there being something similar in GD.
4/22/2014 2:02 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I really like it.   Where exactly can you find potential?  I hate having to go to the practice plan to find it.
4/22/2014 2:27 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/22/2014 2:23:00 PM (view original):
So they added potential color-coding to the main team page?  I don't really know that this is a big improvement...  In fact, I'd rather see that front page in all black.  I can find the potentials any number of useful places already.  This just looks garish, particularly on an older team like my Methodist squad for which my team page is aggressively and depressingly red.
yeah right... its hideous!! i understand the thinking but wow that is like, offensive to the senses, all that red glaring at you like that...
4/22/2014 2:32 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/22/2014 2:27:00 PM (view original):
I really like it.   Where exactly can you find potential?  I hate having to go to the practice plan to find it.
YES YES YES! I have pestered them about this sooo many times! Thank you seble!
4/22/2014 2:33 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 4/22/2014 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/22/2014 2:23:00 PM (view original):
So they added potential color-coding to the main team page?  I don't really know that this is a big improvement...  In fact, I'd rather see that front page in all black.  I can find the potentials any number of useful places already.  This just looks garish, particularly on an older team like my Methodist squad for which my team page is aggressively and depressingly red.
yeah right... its hideous!! i understand the thinking but wow that is like, offensive to the senses, all that red glaring at you like that...
boo. hiss.. I love it. And mine isnt all red, you need to recruit players with more potential 
4/22/2014 2:33 PM
I think it is somewhat helpful.  Not the biggest thing, but a modest positive step.
4/22/2014 2:37 PM
looks like player roles changed a bit too. I think they added default values for all positions.  - sorry if mentioned already.
4/22/2014 2:43 PM
Or they just added previous values coaches may have adjusted from. I can't remember having my values set like they are though.
4/22/2014 2:44 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Development Blog Update - See Above Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.