Unique Dual-Franchise Draft League - 13 IN Topic

The classical challenge in designing any franchise league is how to keep the league competitive despite the realization that over time, some franchises have more talent than others.

There are lots of ways this has been done. Usually, the talent pool is limited in a way to prevent overpowered franchises, either through a low salary cap or a narrow year restriction. Sometimes, the talent pool is expanded by allowing multiple franchises, or franchise combinations of so-called “weaker” franchises.

What has not been attempted is a way to give everyone the same number of franchises and the same quality of the overall talent for each pairing.

Rather than attempt to tell you what franchises have equal levels of talent, YOU will tell ME (as well as each other). When you sign up, just sign up. Don’t pick a franchise yet, but do research and try to figure out how much talent is in each franchise.

PHASE ONE: Once we get a full league of 24 owners, I will have someone from outside the league give us a random draft order via random.org. This will be a two round draft, 1-24, 24-1. This first stage is a draft of franchises. Here’s the catch: The same franchise can be taken as many times as the league wants, though you may not select the same franchise twice. But…

PHASE TWO: For each franchise, all the owners that take that franchise will conduct a 12-round snake draft. The first team to select a franchise gets the first pick in it, and so forth. This happens regardless of how many owners select a franchise. If you’re the only one to select a franchise, great – you may take any 12 players you wish from that franchise. If eight owners all want the same franchise, then 96 players (not player-seasons) will be drafted. You must finish your drafts with 12 players from each franchise; that’s 24. Your 25th player can be any undrafted player from either of your two franchises.

Pick Skipping: During Phase One, no picks will be skipped. During Phase Two, you may skip any owner that does not make a draft pick in 24 hours from the last pick. (Though if a player would have back-to-back picks due to the snake, be aware that a skipped pick does not skip both until 48 hours have passed.) A skipped pick may be made up at any time.

Drafts will take place in “thejuice6’s Theme League Draft Forum”. Thanks to thejuice6 for letting us use his board. With this many drafts, it’s good to not clog the Owners Forum.

Reason for Pick Skipping Rules: Since you are building your single team from two drafts simultaneously, you could gain a competitive advantage to hold up a draft while allowing your other draft to proceed, in an attempt to see what you have from the other franchise. As such, I must take a hard line on slowing of drafts. If you are not going to be available, please use proxies.

Given the high number of drafts that will be running in Phase Two, I must ask that one owner from each draft take the main responsibility to manage it. I will still be available to run my own Phase Two drafts, and handle any disputes that may pop up in other drafts – sitemail me with any concerns.

TIMEFRAME: 1901-2013. Let’s avoid the chaos of 19th century franchises.
CAP: $120Mil. Please note the CAP when you draft.
NO: AAA, WW, Trades
CLONES: Only if you draft the same player from both franchises – that’s one version from each franchise.
YES DH
4/17/2014 10:20 PM
reserved
4/17/2014 10:20 PM
Signups:
1. uncleal
2. Trentonjoe
3. thejuice6
4. rizitos
5. grayfoxx
6. zephyr1949
7. toddleduc
8. urband
9. specsman
10. schwarze
11. bublooo
12. mac195
13. shysters3

uncleal; Trentonjoe; thejuice6; rizitos; grayfoxx; zephyr1949; toddleduc; urband; specsman; schwarze; bublooo; mac195; shysters3

(Some users have signed up by sitemail)
5/14/2014 8:26 PM (edited)
I would like to take a shot at this.
4/18/2014 3:00 PM
Posted by grayfoxx on 4/18/2014 3:00:00 PM (view original):
I would like to take a shot at this.
Thanks grayfoxx!
4/18/2014 3:28 PM
bump
4/21/2014 8:26 PM
I will try this draft,,,thanks
4/21/2014 11:19 PM
sounds intriguing to me- deal me in, boss !
4/23/2014 1:32 AM
count me in
4/24/2014 12:01 AM
Thanks guys!
4/27/2014 12:35 PM
count me in
4/28/2014 3:56 PM
I'm in
4/28/2014 4:37 PM
You got it, guys
4/30/2014 11:17 AM
I will try this great idea if I may.
5/4/2014 4:37 PM
I'll play.
5/5/2014 4:02 AM
12 Next ▸
Unique Dual-Franchise Draft League - 13 IN Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.