The plight of Carlton Karros Topic

Yeah, but if he never gets a BL appearance, he's gone forever.   I regret not giving my guy 1 PA.
4/22/2014 4:12 PM
C.Karros grounds a single to LCF. C.Johnstone scores.

1st hit in 11 seasons!
4/25/2014 1:39 PM
This might be my favorite thread ever.
4/27/2014 5:41 PM
I'd be real tempted to put that guy onto the 40-man roster and keep him playing forever.
4/28/2014 2:45 AM
You've inspired me so much that I just went right out and signed Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Francis Dixon.
4/30/2014 3:15 PM
He's a 4 OVR with 3 DUR... we'll see how he does once ST starts tomorrow.
4/30/2014 3:17 PM

It's funny because he actually got into 13 AAA games last season as a 5 OVR with a different team after 18 seasons off. He is still breathing after 40+ AB's and only dropped 1 OVR.

4/30/2014 3:20 PM
So we just had Game 2 of Spring Training. In the first game Dixon was put in for an inning as a defensive replacement. After the game he was moved to the lineup to bat behind the great Delino Frias ( Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Delino Frias). So, in the next game, Frias went 3 for 4 with a triple, a homerun, and 2 RBI's while Dixon went 1 for 4 and actually tried to steal a base (although he was caught... probably tripped on his oxygen hose). Both guys are still alive, though.
5/1/2014 12:23 PM
Wow.  There is one in Ryan too? 

Karros update:

Season Fran Level G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
31 PIT Rookie 11 14 0 3 0 0 0 3 0 5 0 0 .214 .214 .214 .428

5/3/2014 4:56 AM
I've got 40-year old John "Wild Wild" Weston, who has played pro ball for 19 seasons... never reaching the ML's.... I think if he sticks around near the end of the year, I might call him up just for fun.  For now, though, he has to get off of the DL.... which appropriately enough is because of a bulging disk

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: John Weston
5/7/2014 2:38 PM
It's been a long time so I might miss some of the details  but one of the best traditions I saw in a league was after s3 of Moneyball league we realized there was this very old player that had been a part time player on every WS winner.  At that time if you resigned a player for the next season they would never retire, so the rule was you always resign him for next year and the WS winner was required to trade for him. I think we got him to age 46 or 47 when WifS got word of the what we were doing and in the next update they put in something that players eventually refuse to resign.  Too bad we didn't try that today since we can assume the updates are done.  
5/9/2014 11:20 PM
◂ Prev 12
The plight of Carlton Karros Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.