Gridiron Dynasty 3.1 - User Interface Upgrade Topic

The only problem with basic is that it doesn't allow the user/coach to put their best players on the field. If a new coach cant do that, then most aren't going to stick around. If that is what this release is meant to do, then hats off to WIS. Now if we can get WIS to do something about 5 seasons of job security crap at DIaa and higher, we'll be headed in the right direction.
4/27/2014 10:18 AM
Posted by polarsi on 4/27/2014 2:29:00 AM (view original):
"I have to agree with that, I thought that was what Basic and Advanced modes were for??"

Just that - that's all that this is about - ALL WIS needed to do was to produce an idiot proof beginners guide and that is your development right there. Leave the choice with the CLIENT
^^agree.  It has been said over and over - WIS needs a game guide for both new and veteran coaches.  Between a comprehensive game guide and a presense in forums answering questions, the new coach experience would improve exponentially. 
4/27/2014 11:09 AM
Congrats WIS on once again completely ignoring the issues that are costing you customers and expected growth/profit. 

Your current, much larger issues are the following: 
-     Improve what you have or perhaps just do it right the first time... Getting, and using, feedback from those of us who've fed this machine for years would be a good start.
-     Actually give coaches an incentive to move up and aspire to D1, don't force their hand. More credits, better competition, anything. Why would anyone take the time and effort to build a dynasty, not to mention the cash, for no reason. What, at a chance to coach at a better known school? Hell I'm a vet, not a great coach but decent, and I went to Notre Dame and would love to be the coach of that team. But with the way you have things set up now there's absolutely no way I have a legit shot at doing that. And how long would it take if I actually took a run at it? And how many "updates or engines" would I have to go through in the process?
-     Customer service. Maybe responding to people at all would be a start. Then perhaps actually listening to their ideas and implementing them would get you closer to solving your current problems.

Again, congrats on running your business into the ground - by not giving a damn about the people who've supported you for years for the chance of enticing new coaches to sample your product. If those who you lure stick around they'll find out the same thing, you care nothing about them and their time and effort, just their cash.
4/27/2014 4:21 PM
Like when I beat jf's Colorado team in the playoffs in my first ever season in GD. At that time, I didn't realize how sweet that was. :)

Bjschumacher- Everyone has to hold onto something I'm glad the highlight of your GD career is beating me with A team you didn't assemble. Quite frankly I don't recall you beating me what i remember is losing to someone else who then lost to you. Besides that was in that ****** 2.0 engine that didn't have a rhyme or reason as to why people won or lost.
4/28/2014 5:36 PM
Quite frankly I'm okay with them doing the change IF it actually brings in new blood but with the current viral whining on the forums who would want to sign up.
4/28/2014 5:37 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 4/25/2014 9:02:00 AM (view original):
You can still keep your coverage...still keep your doctor...while the average users rates drop $1500 per year...all while giving millions of new users coverage.

SOUND FAMILIAR? "Oriole Care"
lol tigerpark
4/29/2014 4:32 PM
Will all the new slider controls work on an iPad?
4/30/2014 2:48 PM
They better fix the SIM BS. Losing to a SIM that is 60+ points lower than a human is unacceptable. It would never happen if 2 humans played with that much difference in ratings!!!
4/30/2014 3:30 PM
I'm sure its been said, but this game in its original 1.0 iteration never struggled to attract new users, despite its "complexity." D3 used to be completely full, even with 25-50 season dynasties firmly entrenched at the top of the D3 echelon. The learning curve was steep back then too. The primary difference was that the game was much better and there were many user-generated guides and veterans willing to mentor new players. Despite those things, I was still initially overwhelmed. It's part of the process.
4/30/2014 5:56 PM
5/1/2014 8:30 AM
Why not create 1 or 2 new worlds using the more basic rules. New users could then choose the basic or more advanced versions. They could also move to higher divisions if they enjoyed the basic game using the same rules. Existing users at higher divisions could also make lateral moves to the new worlds if they wished. But I understand the rationale for change. Attracting new users is necessary to the long term survival of the game.
5/1/2014 12:40 PM
we need less worlds not more.  and to everyone saying that people can choose between basic and advanced that's bs.  everyone knows that you can't beat a team set to advanced when you are using basic.  so to be competitive a new user must use advanced settings and this is how they get lost.  remember when 3.0 first came out and the flood of new users?  well they didn't stay because it was too hard to figure out the advanced settings and they all got destroyed.  this all basic mode may be just what GD needs to get and keep new users.  more human teams benefit everyone because it sucks playing so many sim teams every season.  if you are so attached to your D3 team then keep it and play by the same rules as everyone else in D3.  if you like the advanced settings then move up to D2 or higher and start your new dynasty.  we haven't even tried the new version yet and everyone is bashing it.
5/1/2014 12:50 PM
Posted by bobprobert on 5/1/2014 12:50:00 PM (view original):
we need less worlds not more.  and to everyone saying that people can choose between basic and advanced that's bs.  everyone knows that you can't beat a team set to advanced when you are using basic.  so to be competitive a new user must use advanced settings and this is how they get lost.  remember when 3.0 first came out and the flood of new users?  well they didn't stay because it was too hard to figure out the advanced settings and they all got destroyed.  this all basic mode may be just what GD needs to get and keep new users.  more human teams benefit everyone because it sucks playing so many sim teams every season.  if you are so attached to your D3 team then keep it and play by the same rules as everyone else in D3.  if you like the advanced settings then move up to D2 or higher and start your new dynasty.  we haven't even tried the new version yet and everyone is bashing it.
That's incorrect, I used basic in the Sun belt (Rockne) and in my 4th season won the CC. I think there were 3 other coaches in the league and I'm not sure how many of them were using basic or advanced. I won because I had the best team on the "team rankings" tab.
5/1/2014 4:29 PM
I am so out of this game.  Not only do I not want to move on from my division 3 team yet, because I have a star that I want to see all the way through, but I don't want to mess with my team mojo.  I have a near perfect training regiment and a playbook just how I want it... and because you spring this change at THE LAST SECOND, I won't  be able to port all my settings to another team in division 2 to keep it alive.  Thanks for dumbing the game down and ruining my team.  You shouldn't punish people for being into the game or not wanting to move to a division 2 school right away.  What about the people who love their school and want to coach their teams.  Not everyone went to D-I schools.  I will be asking for a refund, because I didn't sign up for this.  

This is such a ****** thing to do to a paying customer. 
5/2/2014 3:14 AM
Posted by vikesrule69 on 4/30/2014 3:30:00 PM (view original):
They better fix the SIM BS. Losing to a SIM that is 60+ points lower than a human is unacceptable. It would never happen if 2 humans played with that much difference in ratings!!!
Nope that happens to me way too much.  I have lost two games last year to ****** teams, because my QB decided to run too much even with 2% play call set to run and five fumbles in the two games by him... even though he is the best QB in the division. For whatever reason, only certain positions dominate with high skill sets.  OL, and DL don't dominate with high skills, but DBs and RB with high skills do. 
5/2/2014 3:19 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...11 Next ▸
Gridiron Dynasty 3.1 - User Interface Upgrade Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.