Gridiron Dynasty 3.1 - User Interface Upgrade Topic

This is an expensive football option, but I like the general way it is run. It seems like it's not asking too much to have injuries reinstated so you need depth for more than future development. Some teams only recruit one or two great players, at a position then crap behind it, because they know they will not need depth for injuries. Kind of ruins the experience for "team" building.

Also, is it really that impossible to get the conference realignments done. They've been in effect for three years at least now. Why don't you developers do something for the money we're spending?
8/29/2016 7:29 AM
Exactly...injuries should have at least slightly more importance.
8/29/2016 8:51 AM
I'm personally not for injuries with a 50 man roster, I played with them in the earlier version and to me, it leaves too much up to chance. There is no way to plan your roster for potential injuries because we just barely have enough depth for each position now. If injuries do make a comeback I'm confident that I know how to best deal with them, and take advantage of teams that get hit with the injury bug, but there will be a lot of very frustrated coaches in the early stages of the transformation.
8/29/2016 5:21 PM
Posted by pete_61 on 8/29/2016 5:21:00 PM (view original):
I'm personally not for injuries with a 50 man roster, I played with them in the earlier version and to me, it leaves too much up to chance. There is no way to plan your roster for potential injuries because we just barely have enough depth for each position now. If injuries do make a comeback I'm confident that I know how to best deal with them, and take advantage of teams that get hit with the injury bug, but there will be a lot of very frustrated coaches in the early stages of the transformation.
Totally agree. I'd be pi$$ed if I had a shot at the title only to have my SR QB catch the injury bug in the conference championship. In fact, I'd probably quit the game if such a scenario were to play out.
9/1/2016 6:59 PM
Posted by orangepace on 9/1/2016 6:59:00 PM (view original):
Totally agree. I'd be pi$$ed if I had a shot at the title only to have my SR QB catch the injury bug in the conference championship. In fact, I'd probably quit the game if such a scenario were to play out.
I wouldn't quit, but I don't think that it would be fair because there is little that you could have done to prepare and still have a chance at the championship. If there is the potential for injuries then there should also be the potential to have a good replacement player. I don't see room for extra championship calibre athletes on the current roster. Everyone would need to adjust their depth charts and you would be forced to either take away players at positions like Offensive Line, Linebacker and Defensive Back in order to Add extra QB's, TE's and RB's, or you would have to keep good depth at all positions and risk the devasting loss of a key player. It would make the game more interesting in that you would want to make sure that your starters didn't play any more than necessary, and you would need to pay much closer attention to attributes that lead to greater chances of injury. But I still think that the roster would need to be expanded because I certainly remember the frustration and complaints when there were injuries.
9/1/2016 9:50 PM
My seasonal request for better 4th down options. Distance to go and place on the field at least but time left and score margin as well would make sense to include as well. The slider options terrible. Thanks for your consideration.
9/5/2016 10:43 AM
I understand the concern with injuries, but this is a simulation, and in real life there are injuries, that hurt teams chances to go forward. I think the rosters should be expanded, but maybe by only 5-10, and that redshirt possibilities should expand as well. It's easy if you're in a power 5 dynasty team to not have depth, because you're getting blue chip prospects all the time. At lower levels you have to recruit potential, and develop it... which is difficult against the Power 5 teams, that just wait till someone graduates, then recruit a superstar to replace him. Having to build reliable depth would eliminate this unfair advantage, and make the other teams have a chance to get better as well. For instance last year in conference we had a team go undefeated, including winning their bowl, but couldn't catch a sniff of the championship game. So what does he do. If he goes up to power 5 then he'll have to take a team that it's almost impossible to win with. The only teams that don't want Injuries added back in are the "arcade" type players with a power team. Again, this is a simulation, and injuries happen.
9/17/2016 10:31 AM
Posted by pete_61 on 9/1/2016 9:50:00 PM (view original):
I wouldn't quit, but I don't think that it would be fair because there is little that you could have done to prepare and still have a chance at the championship. If there is the potential for injuries then there should also be the potential to have a good replacement player. I don't see room for extra championship calibre athletes on the current roster. Everyone would need to adjust their depth charts and you would be forced to either take away players at positions like Offensive Line, Linebacker and Defensive Back in order to Add extra QB's, TE's and RB's, or you would have to keep good depth at all positions and risk the devasting loss of a key player. It would make the game more interesting in that you would want to make sure that your starters didn't play any more than necessary, and you would need to pay much closer attention to attributes that lead to greater chances of injury. But I still think that the roster would need to be expanded because I certainly remember the frustration and complaints when there were injuries.
Couldn't agree more, except that I'm an avid proponent of not adding more roster depth. It's not as big a deal at the D1AA, D2 and D3 levels, but at the D1A level, it'd have significant ramifications and I believe all for the bad. It'd allow the Elites to continue to stockpile more and more of the players that currently fall to the P5 non-Elites, the non-P5 and D1AA teams. Creates too much of a rich-getting-richer issue.
10/6/2016 2:02 PM
Posted by scranford on 9/17/2016 10:31:00 AM (view original):
I understand the concern with injuries, but this is a simulation, and in real life there are injuries, that hurt teams chances to go forward. I think the rosters should be expanded, but maybe by only 5-10, and that redshirt possibilities should expand as well. It's easy if you're in a power 5 dynasty team to not have depth, because you're getting blue chip prospects all the time. At lower levels you have to recruit potential, and develop it... which is difficult against the Power 5 teams, that just wait till someone graduates, then recruit a superstar to replace him. Having to build reliable depth would eliminate this unfair advantage, and make the other teams have a chance to get better as well. For instance last year in conference we had a team go undefeated, including winning their bowl, but couldn't catch a sniff of the championship game. So what does he do. If he goes up to power 5 then he'll have to take a team that it's almost impossible to win with. The only teams that don't want Injuries added back in are the "arcade" type players with a power team. Again, this is a simulation, and injuries happen.
Ugh. Why do people compare this game to real life? Real life coaches also have to deal with players committing crimes and such. I guess we should add that in the game too. There are about 20 different real life scenarios, that occur for just about every coach on a yearly basis, and if you threw those scenarios in this game...no one would play. This game isn't real life...it's a very, very, very basic simulation.
10/11/2016 8:55 AM
This happened to me:

Heisman, D1AA Georgia Southern, maybe 3 years ago, during the GD 2.0 days. I was running the Bone full time.
1. Quarterfinal game: my #1 OL goes down with injury. Out for remainder of season.
2. Semifinal game: my #1 RB goes down with injury. Out for remainder of season.

I lose the damned NC game something like 10-7. I even had a STUD Freshman RB sitting on the bench with a RS on.....I consulted with several other coaches in a scramble to decide whether or not I should pull of that RS and play him in the Championship game. Ended up NOT pulling off the RS.

******? I'm still ******.....
10/13/2016 5:49 AM
Posted by harriswb3 on 10/13/2016 5:49:00 AM (view original):
This happened to me:

Heisman, D1AA Georgia Southern, maybe 3 years ago, during the GD 2.0 days. I was running the Bone full time.
1. Quarterfinal game: my #1 OL goes down with injury. Out for remainder of season.
2. Semifinal game: my #1 RB goes down with injury. Out for remainder of season.

I lose the damned NC game something like 10-7. I even had a STUD Freshman RB sitting on the bench with a RS on.....I consulted with several other coaches in a scramble to decide whether or not I should pull of that RS and play him in the Championship game. Ended up NOT pulling off the RS.

******? I'm still ******.....
Case and point.. I'm happy you stayed around though, because I respect your style. I might have had a flair for the dramatic when I said I'd quit, but I wouldn't ever get over it. How can you say you are the best, when winning the Championship, if you didn't play the best?! I'd be pi$$ed even if I was on the winning side of this scenario, albeit a little less so.
10/21/2016 1:33 PM
Isn't it about time for an upgrade?
5/16/2017 1:31 PM
Posted by coachoatie on 5/16/2017 1:31:00 PM (view original):
Isn't it about time for an upgrade?
Don't hold your breath. I have been here 11 years and have only seen 3? up dates.

An other thing. Fox Sports ( witch GD is part of ) has canX their fantasy foot ball this season. I assume that Fox doesn't have the people to take care of it or they fired people like ESPN did and as **** rolls down hill. WIS ( GD ) will feel the pain.
6/18/2017 6:12 PM
Seble - what can we do to help increase % of players in worlds? Can we consolidate before more leave?
10/13/2018 12:37 PM
If you want more owners keep the game as it is and add a real visual video to watch. Use to be a game years ago that did just that and it was great.Madden killed it. You could also make the play calling aspect be more important.
11/24/2018 11:14 AM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11 Next ▸
Gridiron Dynasty 3.1 - User Interface Upgrade Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.