Season 73, D3 Topic

"Sewanee is two games back of undefeated J-Dub"

conference re-alignment going on here? We'd love to have Johnson and Wales... but don't think it's happening
5/22/2014 4:46 PM
Dammit, my bad.  I think when I wrote that I had just flipped my other browser tab from the GNE to the University standings so I still had the Spider Monkeys in my head.  Undefeated in conference, single digit ranking, you guys all look alike to me.
5/22/2014 5:59 PM
yeah, I'm just the jerk contributing little and taking potshots at one mistake you make pseudo.

as an aside, this should be a really interesting NT year. I think there are several teams with a great chance to win it all.

5/23/2014 9:23 AM
Starr Scores have been updated. I'm anxious to see if Englehart or Crowley can pass the 100 mark, since I've been watching those two from the start. Might take 20 minutes or so for Google to send the new information to the website.

http://StarrEngine.Yolasite.com/rankings

5/23/2014 12:26 PM
not surprised Englehart didn't get over 100... he was pretty much maxed out at the start of the year and hasn't improved much. that guy from Piedmont did though! he might be the best player in this world.

Joshua Addison is the player from Piedmont - can't hyperlink it here from work though....

5/23/2014 3:34 PM
Agreed brian, predictions are going to be difficult once the NT bracket is set.  One prediction that won't be difficult, Wooster will lose in the first round if they manage to back into an NT bid.  As long as we make it, I'll be happy.

Last Night
#14 Sewanee 93   #23 Louisiana 80
Visiting Sewanee held a slim 1 point lead after the break but they locked down the defense and opened up the second half with a 14-5 run to grab control of the game.  Louisiana would try to climb back in but Sewanee kept making the answering buckets and held on for a double digit road win.  Sewanee and madpad look to have almost locked down a CT bye with the win while Louisiana and discodave are now a game back of first place in their division.

Also considered: #6 Allegheny missed a few free throws but still survived a close one with Earlham 53-51, #10 Dallas got a big second half and cruised past Ozarks 60-47, Grove City got a big home win over previously-ranked Kenyon 72-66, and #21 W. New England got past Suffolk 97-88.

Sim blowout watch: Two of the three games were quite close and all three sims covered.  Washington kept it close at home against #7 Ursinus 64-75 as did Bethany against #13 Lynchburg 65-75, while Wisconsin Platteville fell to #17 Wisconsin La Crosse 49-79.

ITaLRbHAGotN: #18 Vassar almost doubled up Utica in second half scoring and pulled away for a solid 65-43 home victory.

GotN
#11 Palm Beach Atlantic (19-2)(osgonlz) at #8 Piedmont (20-2)(bunkerbuster)
Huge game tonight in the USA South west division as these two ranked opponents are tied atop the standing with one loss each.  PBA won the first game by 4 a few days ago at home and a sweep here will probably lock down the division.  A revenge home victory for Piedmont will put them one game up and in the driver's seat.  bunker leads the series 16-10 but the home team is favored by 1 in this one.

Also considered: #23 Louisiana at #1 Millsaps, Dominican at #4 Webster, Trinity at #10 Dallas, California Santa Cruz at #12 Whittier, #20 Capital at Baldwin-Wallace, and Eureka at #22 Calvin

Sim blowout watch: McMurry is getting 51 points as they travel to #19 Hardin-Simmons.

The ITaLRbHAGotN is taking a night off.
5/23/2014 4:31 PM
Made some drastic changes to the "Player Builder" tool. Enjoy :)
5/24/2014 7:31 AM
I've been working on that predicts the minimum Starr Score a player will likely reach. This works for both recruits and veteran players already on your roster. For any of you in Crum, you may be interested to know if you plug in a recruit, it gives a "Recruit Rating." This measures the current abilities of the player, the potentials, the WE and number of years left to determine if you've got yourself an amazing recruit or something else. A+ is the highest possible rating and F is the lowest. I finished this tool today and protected it. I'd love if you guys wanted to try it out and give me your feedback since I haven't had a chance yet to do a lot of testing. It's still in its BETA phase. Here's a direct link to the tool. It's the third tab on the bottom "Recruit Potential BETA"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bDXdFlpqMlmyM3l-fTk4dxAlSAf0oo_CUKTRUBHo8kM/edit?usp=sharing
5/25/2014 1:15 PM
SotD
5/26
9:51 PM
bobmeyer   Did You Know?: Going into tonight's game, Millsaps has won every game but 1 by double digits...and that was the first game!
5/26/2014 10:06 PM
Sorry all for ending this season's GotN writeups on such a dud, but the long holiday weekend turned into a marathon of grilling out and doing jobs around the house.  Had trouble finding time for pretend basketball and I just fell behind.

So enjoy the final day of the regular season and I'll try to get the conference champion writeup done tomorrow.  Good luck to everyone in the conference tourneys.

5/27/2014 5:03 PM
I'm not sure I'll ever be able to forgive you for this Pseudochamp.... well... you do have a really cool ID name. All's forgiven, friend :)

Does anybody know how to hack accounts? I know the ID name (BrianXavier) but I can't figure out the password for the life of me. I tried the ones I thought would be most likely, "iLOVEmom" and "myTEAMisTOOgood" but no luck.
5/27/2014 6:17 PM
haha - yeah, my account could probably be hacked pretty easy, truth be told.  

Don't worry, my team is bound to flop at just the right moment
5/27/2014 9:19 PM
Anyone know...what has been the historical cutoff on the Projection Report for slipping into the NT?
5/28/2014 2:54 AM
I believe it's usually around 58 or 59. If you are 56 or better you can usually feel pretty safe about getting in, but 59-60 is probably like a 50/50.

*EDIT* - Also, the Starr Scores have been updated for the final game of conference play. We got one more update coming on the season for the final game of the CT.

And I have the MVP candidates up on the website. If any of you guys feel I missed any please let me know. I didn't sort by All-American or anything so maybe a few good ones slipped through the cracks. I tried to put up players with great ratings and good stats, RPI and SOS. I'll wait a day and then make the poll, how does that sound? Do you guys want to do the CCCotY at the same time or after? Last year we did it for the final game of the NT.

http://starrengine.yolasite.com/
5/28/2014 10:03 AM (edited)
bob -- I've seeni it as high as the mid 40s (rarely) and as low as the mid-50s. I get nervous if I'm 51+ in this world.
5/28/2014 10:27 AM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13|14 Next ▸
Season 73, D3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.