Season 73, D3 Topic

The funny part about rednu's comment is that I am actually starting a farm. Buying 10 acres and living the dream.
6/2/2014 6:20 PM
well good luck to ya cactus...   I guess it doesn't hurt anyone, but I see see how chewchad might be annoyed - you were going to win him some nice post season cash
6/2/2014 6:44 PM
SotDIIIR(D3Rupp): I was looking through some of the player records, and came across something interesting with the minutes records. The top 13 players with the most minutes all playing within the first 10 seasons. What happened to everyone giving their players lots of minutes?
6/2/2014 10:17 PM
My guess is they figured out it's more beneficial to give them some time to rest.
6/2/2014 11:44 PM
=SE's predictions for tonight are up on the website. Enjoy :)
http://StarrEngine.Yolasite.com
6/3/2014 5:12 PM
IIRC the player minutes situation is due to big changes in the game engine from its early form.  I think they made players fatigue much quicker in general at some point, and so it's nearly impossible to log the huge minutes these days, even with 90-100 ST.

You should see a similar thing with Rebounding, which is partially because of the minutes situation, but also because of changes to the way rebounds are calculated.  It used to be a solid milestone to hit 1000 career Reb, but it's extremely difficult to do at this point.

I would guess FTs might be the same way too.  When they stunted FT improvements and scaled down incoming recruits' FT ratings, it was a pretty big change.  Players growing from ~C to ~A were common, as were players coming in with ~A FTs.  Now it seems like most players are in that C- to B- range, which I find frustrating.
6/3/2014 5:19 PM
I bet Brian never expected to play a SIM in the elite 8. I don't really get how New England beat Hamline but it's over now. Millsaps just won their last game by 45! Poor SIM doesn't stand a chance. Any way, you can check out the results of the predictions on the site. Spasticity, looked like you and jsa had a good one.
6/4/2014 6:14 AM
What a game by J&W and Kenyon. Wow. Yeah, I am stunned a sim made it this far for my next match up with New England. I felt Hamline was going to be very hard to beat - and fully expected they would be my next opponent. That said, I wasn't assuming I would win vs. Hardin Simmons.... who I have great respect for and was worried they might pull and upset.

6/4/2014 11:16 AM
by the way the predeictions for tonight's games are on the website. Let's see if =SE can continue guessing correctly.
6/5/2014 7:12 PM
Congrats to Zeuspole on the PIT title. Results for last night's game and predictions for the final game are up.
6/6/2014 9:20 AM
I like that prediction! Good luck spas! It would be a cool to win my first title in Rupp vs one of the best. And I am beginning to enjoy the poetry of being 0-5 in title games... I imagine future coaches lookin at the nt champ list thinking "damn that millsaps team choked year after year!"
6/6/2014 10:28 AM
No added pressure or anything, but the winner will also determine the season RPI champion in conferences. Not that anyone pays attention to that sort of thing or anything ;)
6/6/2014 11:18 AM
Good luck brian, should be a good one!  My optimistic side would point out that we started a true FR (due to recruiting promises) in the first meeting, and that J&W has improved more in ratings than Millsaps since then. 

That being said, not sure what I'm supposed to do against that elite Reb and a test-for-steroids-level 71 team Def.  Seems like a great matchup for the "fans".
6/6/2014 1:38 PM
When you all wake up, I was hoping you could tell me what you think about this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kuH8WHH5O-k7vMo1UM9TX8jeAMJe-IQUWNLAm3D9gOg/pubhtml#

It's just a template now and there are some problems with the border, but is this something you guys might like to see at the start of the next NT or a waste of time? I thought it might replace what I am currently doing on the homepage for the NT.
6/7/2014 12:37 AM
Congrats to Brian on finally winning the big one.  Here are the stats:

Players: onedrive.live.com/redir
Offense: onedrive.live.com/redir
Defense: onedrive.live.com/redir
6/7/2014 2:57 AM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14 Next ▸
Season 73, D3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.