Season 73, D3 Topic

Ahh that's rough, it was you bullman. On the flip side of the coin, who was my only non-conference loss to? Bullman ;)

Man if I run into Millsaps in the NT, I hope it's in the championship game!

Oh yeah, Starr scores have been updated for game 15. I also added a feature to view just the top 50 rookies, in case you want to see how your freshmen stack up. All of your input has really been appreciated.

http://StarrEngine.Yolasite.com
5/15/2014 7:42 PM
Another story from the "My Team Hates Me" Files, Wooster was at home last night and leading Grove City 56-54 with forty-three seconds left in the game.  We then rebounded a missed 3ptr and were then intentionally fouled.  My starting PG then missed the front end of a 1 and 1 giving G-City the ball.  And then to complete the disaster, we fouled the G-City player on a made fadeway from the right side.  He makes the free throw with four seconds on the clock, we miss a half-court prayer, and we lose 57-56.  I love this game!

Last Night
#9 Palm Beach Atlantic 79   #17 Christopher Newport 69
CNU was down 3 at the half but they were able to recover and take a small lead midway through the second half.  But the visitors turned on the offense after that to quickly retake the lead and they slowly pulled away for the double-digit road win.  Unlike my stupid team, PBA did some serious damage from the charity stripe to their opponent rather than themselves.  They went 29 of 34 from the line.  PBA and osgonlz stayed undefeated in conference and kept pace for the division lead while CNU and mroylanc slipped a few spots in the rankings after their first conference loss.

Also considered: #7 Allegheny came back to beat Wabash 64-54, #13 Whittier got past California Santa Cruz 79-69, Virginia Wesleyan got the road upset over #21 Emory and Henry 82-79, #15 Louisiana caught fire in the second half to down Southwestern 73-56, and S. Vermont pulled away late to upset previously-ranked Emerson 73-61.

Sim blowout watch: Both sims covered with relative ease last night, Averett fell to #8 Peidmont 48-86 while North Central lost to #14 Millikin 67-101.

ITaLRbHAGotN: Ursinus didn't have too much trouble with Dickinson as they got out to a lead and didn't look back in a 91-69 home victory.

GotN
#10 Lynchburg (14-1)(googs04) at #21 Emory and Henry (15-1)(bclark2021)
Big game in the Old Dominion conference as the two ranked teams fighting it out for the east division meet for the first of their two games this season.  Lynchburg has the early lead in the standings at 5-0 in conference while E-Hank is a game back in the loss column after getting upset at home last night.  We'll either have a tie at the top or a two game lead after tonight so this game is key.  googs has a sizable 29-7 lead in the series but this one is pegged as an even pick.

Also considered: #8 Piedmont at #9 Palm Beach Atlantic, #12 Dallas at Trinity, CSU Eastbay at #13 Whittier, #15 Louisiana at Ozarks, Newbury at #16 W. New England, #20 Sewanee at Hendrix, and #22 Kenyon at Ohio Wesleyan

Sim blowout watch: Methodist is a 53 point road dog as they visit #17 Christopher Newport.

ITaLRbHAGotN
#5 Webster (16-0)(mschulte24) at Dominican (14-2)(dusterj05)
A good game in the St. Louis conference as two 5-0 division leaders face off in the first of two meetings.  The Gorloks are undefeated on the season while the Stars are looking for the upset at home to give their post-season resume a big boost.  dusterj has never taken down mschulte in eighteen tries, the visitors are favored by 5.
5/16/2014 3:50 PM
Sorry this is late, got busy with some work around the house today.  Plus we can blame darnoc for making me go to lunch with him today.

Last Night
#9 Lynchburg 71   Emory and Henry 60
Lynchburg was down 34-32 at the break but they opened up the second half with a 11-4 run to pull ahead and they never looked back.  They kept up the offensive pressure the rest of the way and held on for the impressive double-digit road win.  With the win Lynchburg and googs now have a two game lead for the division while E&H and bclark now will have to hope for some help if they're going to get back in the divisional race.

Also considered: #7 Palm Beach Atlantic withstood a late rally to finish off #10 Piedmont 77-73, #12 Dallas got a late tip-in to force overtime and then sunk the game winner at the buzzer to win a thriller against Trinity 56-54, #13 Whittier cruised past CSU Eastbay 77-47, #15 Louisiana edged Ozarks 63-60, #14 W. New England handled Newbury at home 71-53, #18 Sewanee got past Hendrix 64-50, and #20 Kenyon held on for the road win at Ohio Wesleyan 77-72.

Sim blowout watch: Methodist scored the same amount they were getting in a 53-75 covering loss to #17 Christopher Newport.

ITaLRbHAGotN: #4 Webster outlasted Dominican 85-75.  Gorloks.

GotN
Emmanuel (10-6)(bananajacobs) at #3 Johnson and Wales (16-1)(spasticity)
We pay a visit to the Great Northeast where J-Dub is making another one of their rampages through the conference slate.  They're 7-0 so far with a two game lead over three teams, including Emmanuel.  A road upset here would look pretty nice come post-season time and would also give Emmanuel a leg up on the competition for the second conference tourney bye.  spasticity leads the long-time series 43-24 and his team is favored by 8 at home.

Also considered: #10 Piedmont at North Carolina Wesleyan, #12 Dallas at Southwestern, #14 W. New England at Emerson, #15 Louisiana at Emory, Centre at #18 Sewanee, Hiram at #20 Kenyon, and #22 Wittenberg at Earlham

Sim blowout watch: Two spreads in the 50's tonight: winless LeTourneau getting 54 at home to #25 Austin and Muhlenberg as a 53 point home dog up against #6 Ursinus.

ITaLRbHAGotN
East Connecticut St. (13-3)(ap90) at UMass Dartmouth (12-4)(pureh21)
Important game in the Little East conference as ECSU is 6-0 in conference and one game ahead of the team they're visiting tonight.  This is the first of two games between these two this season so a win here puts Dartmouth back in a tie for the division tittle and in good shape.  pure has a small 2-1 lead in the series but the visitors are favored by a point.
5/17/2014 11:57 PM
As part of the records I am logging on the site, I'm now recording every player with a Starr Score of over 100 in the Rupp world. If you have a player in any other world (DIII) that you think breaks the 100 point barrier, please let me know so he can join the list of greatest DIII players of all time. Likewise, if you have the saved ratings of players from seasons back, feel free to send the player name and stats to me as well along with the seasons they played, team they played for and world they played in. I would love to see what kind of monsters you guys have in these other worlds. If it's in the middle of the season, that's fine. You can always send me the numbers again at the end.
5/18/2014 9:04 AM
I might be mistaken, but I think Tommy Andrews was over 100 points. I can't remember his ratings or his team- he played last season here in Rupp.
5/18/2014 9:06 AM
I think I have Hodgy's final ratings saved on my work computer..I'll check tomorrow. He was a RSed JUCO I had in Iba that ended up about 850 overall. Could've been a high-D1 starter by the end of his career.
5/18/2014 4:49 PM
Wow I don't think I have ever seen that high at DIII. I'd be very interested in getting his numbers Spasticity. Also, looked it up and Tommy Andrews played for Susquehanna (Zeuspole). Best part is, I found out the new update that shows past player ratings includes last season's players as well. So I can look up Joshua Wallace, Tommy Andrews and all the other MVP candidates I was keeping track of last season.

Pseudo I had no idea you and Darnoc actually knew each other in real life. I bet Darnoc thinks that's just dapper :)
5/18/2014 9:40 PM
Another weekend day, another late post.  My bad.  We're down to just three undefeated teams and five winless teams.

Last Night
Emmanuel 50   #3 Johnson and Wales 76
This one was close at the half with J-Dub holding a 6 point lead at the half, but it was too much spider monkeys from there on out.  The home team clamped down the defensive screws and held Emmanuel to just 19 points in the second half and pulled away for the double-digit home win.  J-Dub and spasticity stayed perfect in conference with the win while Emmanuel and bananajacobs suffered their third conference loss and are now a game out of second place.

Also considered: #10 Piedmont got past North Carolina Wesleyan on the road 74-63, #12 Dallas took care of Southwestern 69-56, #21 Emerson used a big second half to down #18 W. New England 83-63, Emory upset #19 Louisiana 85-80, #15 Sewanee got the home win over Centre 63-51, #17 Kenyon pulled away from Hiram 82-71, and Earlham knocked Wittenberg from the rankings with a 65-55 defeat.

Sim blowout watch: Both sims covered by keeping their losing margins in the 30's.  LeTourneau fell to Austin 53-84 while Muhlenberg lost to #7 Ursinus 40-77.

ITaLRbHAGotN: UMass Dartmouth played slow-down and kept the scoring low, holding on in the second half to defend the home court against E. Connecticut St. 51-45.

GotN
#12 Dallas (15-3)(tarvolon) at #19 Louisiana (15-3)(discodave)
Nice game in the University tonight as the two ranked teams fighting it out for the west division title meet for their rematch game.  Louisiana got the 59-50 win earlier in the season at Dallas and that's the one game that separates these two in the standings.  A home win tonight gets Louisiana the season sweep and a two game lead in the standings with the tie-breaker.  So Dallas needs the road win to stay in contention for first place.  tarvolon has a slim 9-7 lead in the series and the odds-makers put this one at an even pick.

Also considered: #5 Webster at Aurora, Grove City at #8 Allegheny, Denison at #17 Kenyon, #18 W. New England at S. Vermont, and Emmanuel at #21 Emerson

Sim blowout watch: A big-time quadruple-header of spreads in the 50's tonight: Roanoke with 56 at #9 Lynchburg, St. Johns with 54 at #4 Hamline, Anna Maria with 52 hosting #2 Nichols, and Shendoah with 51 at #6 Palm Beach Atlantic.

ITaLRbHAGotN
Worcester St. (13-5)(kneehouse1) at Westfield St. (15-2)(davinius)
Key game in the New England conference for the south division race.  Worcester has a one game lead over Westfield for first place, even after dropping the earlier game between these two at home.  Worcester forced overtime in that one with a late 3ptr but couldn't seal the deal in the extra session.  A home win here would give Westfield the season sweep and put them back in a tie for first holding the tie-breaker, a road win for Worcester would widen their divisional lead to two games.
5/18/2014 11:37 PM
Ok I have a couple freakish players for you Starr.  Both are from Westminster-PA in D3 Iba.  I kept a bunch of pdfs of Hodgy during his career, so I can tell you he started at 562 overall, and I took him away from a D2 sim and applied RS (from semi long distance believe it or not).  Here is where he ended up, with A-/A- IQ.

Eric Hodgkinson
Ath 90
Spd 86
Reb 1
Def 97
Blk 15
LP 56
Per 94
BH 83
Pass 51
WE 88
ST 96
Dur 94
FT B+
OVR 851

5/19/2014 9:29 AM (edited)
And here's John Shade, another RSed JUCO.  Amazingly he was D3 right away and no one (like a D2) ever challenged me for him.  Ended with A-/A+ IQ.

Ath 100
Spd 28
Reb 98
Def 97
Blk 77
LP 39
Per 14
BH 37
Pass 46
WE 81
ST 94
Dur 69
FT C-
OVR 780
5/19/2014 9:28 AM
I think Iba allows steroids sometimes. I have recruited some monsters for my D2 team there.... and my D3 team back in the day. Mabye I'll keep an eye on your recruits there spas! ;)
5/19/2014 11:23 AM
I actually retired from Iba somewhat recently, so have at it ;)
5/19/2014 12:19 PM
SotD: The top 7 least fouling teams all play a Zone Defense.
5/19/2014 12:43 PM
Posted by spasticity on 5/19/2014 9:28:00 AM (view original):
And here's John Shade, another RSed JUCO.  Amazingly he was D3 right away and no one (like a D2) ever challenged me for him.  Ended with A-/A+ IQ.

Ath 100
Spd 28
Reb 98
Def 97
Blk 77
LP 39
Per 14
BH 37
Pass 46
WE 81
ST 94
Dur 69
FT C-
OVR 780
Never have I been so happy as to see this guy graduate.

Come join us in the Heartland Brian's!!!
5/19/2014 1:41 PM
We're about halfway through the conference season, if you plan on winning a division title now would be a great time to win the rest of your games.

Last Night
#12 Dallas 62   #23 Louisiana 60   (OT)
This was a hell of a game with both teams making runs and leading for short periods of time throughout. Louisiana was up by 1 at the half and extended the lead midway through the second but visiting Dallas came storming back to tighten the game back up.  It was tied at 50 with four minutes left when the defenses got dialed in and the scoring slowed down. Louisiana made a key 3ptr to take the lead then the teams traded tip-ins in the last minute.  Dallas went to the line with thirteen seconds left but couldn't sink them both to take the lead, then a 3ptr by Louisiana fell short and we went to extra time.  The overtime period was a weird one.  Dallas scored 7 straight points and then Louisiana scored the final 5.  That wasn't a good trade of the home team and Dallas escaped town with a key road victory.

Also considered: #5 Webster out-Gorloked Aurora 57-47, #7 Allegheny got past Grove City at home 68-61, #14 Kenyon cruised past Denison 69-48, #15 W. New England scored with one second left to edge S. Vermont 55-54, and #19 Emerson downed Emmanuel 60-49.

Sim blowout watch: Everyone covered and a couple sims actually kept it close.  Roanoke fell to #10 Lynchburg 60-82, St. Johns lost to #4 Hamline 41-80, Anna Maria covered against #2 Nichols 61-79, and Shendoah kept it respectable at #8 Palm Beach Atlantic 64-76.

ITaLRbHAGotN: Westfield St. opened up a 9 point lead at the break and held on for the 83-76 victory over Worcester St.  That gives Westfield and davinius the season sweep, putting them in a tie for first place with the tie-breaker.  Westfield and kneehouse are going to need some help to take the division title.

GotN
#14 Kenyon (18-1)(jsajsa) at #7 Allegheny (17-1)(ezekialstarr)
Next up is a big game in the North Coast east division.  Allegheny is one game in the loss column head of Kenyon for the division lead going into the first of two between these two.  A home win opens up a two game lead while Kenyon will look to move into first with the road upset.  ezekialstarr has won all four games between these two and his team is favored by 1 at home.

Also considered: #17 Sewanee at #1 Millsaps, #8 Palm Beach Atlantic at North Carolina Wesleyan, Ozarks at #12 Dallas, #15 W. New England at Suffolk, #19 Emerson at Newbury, #20 Millikin at Augustana, Hendrix at #23 Louisiana, and Kalamazoo at #25 Calvin

Sim blowout watch: Washington (MD) is getting 55 points on the road at #6 Ursinus while Concordia Moorhead is a 53 point home dog hosting #4 Hamline.

ITaLRbHAGotN
Defiance (16-3)(nm1brownsfan) at Mt. St. Joseph (13-6)(cokeman)
We pay a visit to the Heartland conference with the cross-divisional game between the two division leaders.  Defiance is 9-0 so far and has a two game lead in the standings while MSJ is 8-1 with just one game separation over their pursuers.  This series is dead-even at ten games apiece and the visitors are favored by 8.
5/19/2014 4:39 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...14 Next ▸
Season 73, D3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.