April 24th Dev Post (Seble) Topic

Posted by gillispie1 on 4/27/2014 11:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/27/2014 2:18:00 AM (view original):
My point is that having to search the boards for threads that look like they might have answers, then comb the threads for useful info...is a horribly inefficient approach that probably going to turn off more people than it turns on. To have that be your primary method of information dissemination is really, really poor and there's very little arguing that. It's bad from a business perspective in almost every way possible -- customer service, marketing, operations...all of it. 

All of that said, I've done it, but I think to tell someone "if you want answers, just look on the board" is an approach that badly misses the mark with regard to how the game experience can be improved.
i agree, but its what we have. you keep arguing HD is flawed, the FAQ is flawed, the guide is flawed (actually, the guide was great, written by the most successful coach ever - but that was about 5 years ago, so im sure it needs some updating. still good info in there, though). its not that we are really disagreeing with you, its common knowledge here the game documentation is really lacking, and everyone knows development has been stale while fixed are needed, and is frustrated by that fact. clearly there is a gap as to the perception of the scope of the problem, but on principle, i don't think most of us really disagree with you on this point - regardless, what we are definitely saying is that hearing it 20 times a day is annoying. you are correct in your premise, just like socrates was correct in his premise that nobody else was as smart as they thought they were. going around sharing that opinion endlessly got him killed. going around sharing this same opinion endlessly is driving us all crazy, and is half the reason people are ticketing to get you banned. again, i don't disagree with the content of your post... 
So you're upset because I say things that are true? Or upset because I'm calling you all out for not having done something about it? 

I've done nothing to deserve being banned. Nothing at all. I'm pretty sure making you uncomfortable isn't a violation of terms of service.
4/28/2014 3:17 PM
Posted by mullycj on 4/28/2014 3:17:00 PM (view original):
What you really want is welfare.    To be given the answers that everyone else had to work/experiment to find out.   

I want it all and I want it now and it's not fair that everyone else knows more than me even though I JUST started playing.  

It's such a microcosm of whats wrong with this country today.  People would rather sit at home and collect food stamps then try and find a job, because the govt allows them to.
This is insulting. Absolutely insulting. This is an obvious wind-up attempt, another attempt by a hater to get me banned. You know nothing about me or my life or how I view the government or welfare.

Not to mention it's a complete lie, it's a misrepresentation of everything I've said, and it's morally dishonest because I've no doubt that the poster knows very well what he's done.

Let it be seen here and today the dirty work afoot against me. I need do nothing else but simply stand and gesture toward this post.

Perhaps worst of all, your political view is so flat and single-faceted that I would think it came from an 8 year old. Do you think people that "have it all" got no help from the government? 
4/28/2014 3:24 PM
Yeah you have!!!!  Cussing at people, telling them they're idiots, stupid, ********, dumb, morons, etc.. is doing something. Being a jackass everytime something doesn't go your way is doing smoething wrong. I can go on if you want?
4/28/2014 3:27 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 4/27/2014 2:55:00 PM (view original):
is whether or not there should be detailed how-to-win instructions really a question? the clear answer is NO, isn't it? The FAQ and other things might be outdated, I haven't read it in a while. A couple years ago I did send in numerous errors and corrections on typos and dead links that I think they fixed, but those don't do much to alter the content. 

The FAQ and guide or whatever are to get you started. If asking the active users who take time to read/reply in the forums is too inconvenient a way to get info HD is probably not for you, as currently constructed. Despite seble's post and recent changes I doubt HD is going to materially change its structure in this regard.

Here's a few more: 
If you cannot let go of any of the many things that HD does differently from real life college basketball, HD might not be for you. 

If you are the only person on the entire Internet who can't understand why everyone is upset at you and think that a few dozen people ALL must be some kind of Kool-Aid drinking cultists with no knowledge or experience that matters compared to your own illustrious background, and they are all out to get you, HD might not be for you. (or the Internet in general for that matter...you might want professional help with that actually)

If you insist that "poaching" at last cycle before signings makes the culprit a "dick" or it is a "dick-move" despite having multiple, good-intended folks try to set things straight, not only might HD not be for you, but YOU are kind of a dick.

If when you first join HD and post some questions about the new game you just started playing that day a number of friendly people, some of the finest men I've come to know over my 5 years, all try to offer advice and within a page you tell them ALL how stupid they are, why it should work the way you want it to ,  and accuse them of being disingenuous because of your own bullshit neuroses, HD definitely isn't for you.

Oh, and if you run through the forums like Sherman marching on Atlanta spreading your whine-*** agenda over every helpful thread running so that other users down vote those threads to unlisted status just not to have to put up with your ****, HD might not be for you. 

*those are all hypothetical of course*
LOL I'm the problem with threads, yet I have to deal with posts like this that bear not even a resemblance to being helpful or even on topic.

I think this thread and others where people outright admit that they're trying to get me banned despite lacking cause proves that there are people here out to get me. Unless you have some experience in psychology, I really don't think you should be implying that total strangers should seek one. That's completely irresponsible and insulting to those for whom such services are actually helpful. 

I don't see where you think you have the right to tell someone what is and isn't for them when you have never met them, don't know a thing about them. I would not purport to do the same for you, or anyone. You'd probably make a pretty good tinpot dictator though until one of your generals killed you in a coup.
4/28/2014 3:29 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by terps21234 on 4/28/2014 3:27:00 PM (view original):
Yeah you have!!!!  Cussing at people, telling them they're idiots, stupid, ********, dumb, morons, etc.. is doing something. Being a jackass everytime something doesn't go your way is doing smoething wrong. I can go on if you want?
You mean like you called me an idiot in great big letters?

Physician, heal thyself.
4/28/2014 3:30 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 3:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 4/27/2014 11:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/27/2014 2:18:00 AM (view original):
My point is that having to search the boards for threads that look like they might have answers, then comb the threads for useful info...is a horribly inefficient approach that probably going to turn off more people than it turns on. To have that be your primary method of information dissemination is really, really poor and there's very little arguing that. It's bad from a business perspective in almost every way possible -- customer service, marketing, operations...all of it. 

All of that said, I've done it, but I think to tell someone "if you want answers, just look on the board" is an approach that badly misses the mark with regard to how the game experience can be improved.
i agree, but its what we have. you keep arguing HD is flawed, the FAQ is flawed, the guide is flawed (actually, the guide was great, written by the most successful coach ever - but that was about 5 years ago, so im sure it needs some updating. still good info in there, though). its not that we are really disagreeing with you, its common knowledge here the game documentation is really lacking, and everyone knows development has been stale while fixed are needed, and is frustrated by that fact. clearly there is a gap as to the perception of the scope of the problem, but on principle, i don't think most of us really disagree with you on this point - regardless, what we are definitely saying is that hearing it 20 times a day is annoying. you are correct in your premise, just like socrates was correct in his premise that nobody else was as smart as they thought they were. going around sharing that opinion endlessly got him killed. going around sharing this same opinion endlessly is driving us all crazy, and is half the reason people are ticketing to get you banned. again, i don't disagree with the content of your post... 
So you're upset because I say things that are true? Or upset because I'm calling you all out for not having done something about it? 

I've done nothing to deserve being banned. Nothing at all. I'm pretty sure making you uncomfortable isn't a violation of terms of service.
How on Earth did you manage to entirely miss his point? The point was faily clear, he agrees with you on a lot of things but it is your approach to stating your conention which is off putting to nearly everybody that reads your posts. At some point you need to realize that maybe it's not everybody else, and maybe it's you that needs to change.
4/28/2014 3:31 PM
 "I would not purport to do the same for you, or anyone"  YOU ALWAYS DO!!!!  YOU PUT DOWN, INSULT, AND BELITTLE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME.  I'M MAKING A LIST OF ALL THE INSULTING THINGS YOU SAID ON THESE FORUMS AND I'M GOING TO POST IT. JUST TO PROVE YOU ARE THE CULPRIT.
4/28/2014 3:32 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 3:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by terps21234 on 4/28/2014 3:27:00 PM (view original):
You mean like you called me an idiot in great big letters?

Physician, heal thyself.
ABSOLUTELY, EYE FOR AN EYE
4/28/2014 3:33 PM
i can see him now in his room....standing,,, gesturing.. and calling his mom in to look at the horrific post.

I know NOTHING about your life.  I know that you act like a conceited know it all who has the uncanny knack to get 95% of a forum population to despise you in a relatively short amount of time.    It's quite an extraordinary talent.

4/28/2014 3:34 PM
I didn't miss his point...you missed mine.
4/28/2014 3:35 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by terps21234 on 4/28/2014 3:32:00 PM (view original):
 "I would not purport to do the same for you, or anyone"  YOU ALWAYS DO!!!!  YOU PUT DOWN, INSULT, AND BELITTLE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME.  I'M MAKING A LIST OF ALL THE INSULTING THINGS YOU SAID ON THESE FORUMS AND I'M GOING TO POST IT. JUST TO PROVE YOU ARE THE CULPRIT.
Make sure you post ALL context (including baiting, condescension, etc.) and only include information from after I returned from being banned.

You don't serve time twice for the same crime.

Have fun.
4/28/2014 3:37 PM
Posted by mullycj on 4/28/2014 3:34:00 PM (view original):
i can see him now in his room....standing,,, gesturing.. and calling his mom in to look at the horrific post.

I know NOTHING about your life.  I know that you act like a conceited know it all who has the uncanny knack to get 95% of a forum population to despise you in a relatively short amount of time.    It's quite an extraordinary talent.

I'm a very talented person. 

It would take my mom a while to get into the room...considering she lives like 900 miles away. But...why let facts get in the way of a good windup merchant. That's what you are...WUM. I'm going to start posting that in response to all windups...just "WUM".
4/28/2014 3:39 PM
MULLWUM or WUMMULL
I like either
4/28/2014 3:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
April 24th Dev Post (Seble) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.