April 24th Dev Post (Seble) Topic

Posted by mullycj on 4/28/2014 4:09:00 PM (view original):
That said, I think I'm doing just fine. I just try to remind myself that none of you have the slightest idea what you're talking about.

yeah llama ...I'm sure us not posting will keep etta civil..LMFAO
He's been well within acceptable boundaries the last couple days. I say this as someone who doesn't like him and previously advocated for a permanent forum ban.
4/28/2014 4:13 PM
That said, I think I'm doing just fine. I just try to remind myself that none of you have the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Guess you've never seen Good Will Hunting. Great movie, great passage in response to Will being a WUM.
4/28/2014 4:15 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 4/28/2014 4:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 4/28/2014 4:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by llamanunts on 4/28/2014 4:04:00 PM (view original):
wildcat: I see that too.  It's boiling over, but he's not provoking it like before.  He's not the deranged one right now.

etta: I still think you're a big dumb butt with a big fat face, and I'm sure you think that about me too.  That's fine and healthy.  Good luck keeping things on an even-ish keel.

You don't see claiming that most of us "know nothing about basketball" (I've coached for 10+ years) is provoking it? He did that, literally, in the post right above yours.
I don't think that's unacceptable. It's not like what was happening before. That's classic "You don't know your *** from your elbow" kind of stuff. Ho-hum.
I think that when one has previously been a cancerous presence on the boards, one loses a lot of leeway in that regard.
4/28/2014 4:18 PM
yeah that's a helpful comment. Compare someone to a deadly disease. But I'm the jerk.
4/28/2014 4:28 PM
for a few pages this was interesting, I would respond back on the substantive topics, but this thread is to far gone.....bye
4/28/2014 4:38 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 4:28:00 PM (view original):
yeah that's a helpful comment. Compare someone to a deadly disease. But I'm the jerk.
This is exactly my point. Etta chooses not to even acknowledge that he's been a problem in the past. And also pretends not to know what the phrase "cancerous presence" means.
4/28/2014 4:42 PM
That wasn't helpful and neither is this.  You *were* a malignant presence.  It's to your credit that you have mitigated that.
4/28/2014 4:50 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 4/28/2014 4:50:00 PM (view original):
That wasn't helpful and neither is this.  You *were* a malignant presence.  It's to your credit that you have mitigated that.
I was simply stating a fact, after you defended him saying that people on here didn't know anything about basketball as basically being "*** from elbow" or whatever. And then he pretends he doesn't know what the phrase "cancerous presence" means.
4/28/2014 4:52 PM
I agree that he's being disingenuous about that phrase.  To me, that's being jerky but hardly over the line of acceptable behavior.  Remember a few days ago when it was just gratuitous and polluting every single thread?  This ain't like that.  This is merely annoying, and not removing value from the entire forum.

I see you two are having a civil discussion in another thread.

4/28/2014 4:57 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 4:15:00 PM (view original):

Guess you've never seen Good Will Hunting. Great movie, great passage in response to Will being a WUM.
I've seen the movie several times and am usually good with movie quotes so you definitely got me on that one.

I'll go google it now.
4/28/2014 5:08 PM
Mully, go to:

wewillfindyourmoviequotes.gov

4/28/2014 5:13 PM
Posted by mullycj on 4/28/2014 5:08:00 PM (view original):

I've seen the movie several times and am usually good with movie quotes so you definitely got me on that one.

I'll go google it now.
It's the beginning of a scene I'm sure you remember then.

Sean: Thought about what you said to me the other day, about my painting. Stayed up half the night thinking about it. Something occurred to me... fell into a deep peaceful sleep, and haven't thought about you since. Do you know what occurred to me?
Will: No.
Sean: You're just a kid, you don't have the faintest idea what you're talkin' about.
Will: Why thank you.
Sean: It's all right. You've never been out of Boston.
Will: Nope.

Then goes on to "if I asked you about poetry" and the Sistine Chapel and all that.

4/28/2014 5:29 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 4/28/2014 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mullycj on 4/28/2014 5:08:00 PM (view original):

I'll go google it now.
It's the beginning of a scene I'm sure you remember then.

Sean: Thought about what you said to me the other day, about my painting. Stayed up half the night thinking about it. Something occurred to me... fell into a deep peaceful sleep, and haven't thought about you since. Do you know what occurred to me?
Will: No.
Sean: You're just a kid, you don't have the faintest idea what you're talkin' about.
Will: Why thank you.
Sean: It's all right. You've never been out of Boston.
Will: Nope.

Then goes on to "if I asked you about poetry" and the Sistine Chapel and all that.

This scene is definitely very representative of the forums.
4/28/2014 5:35 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
April 24th Dev Post (Seble) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.