long overdue...User Polls Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/6/2014 8:14:00 PM (view original):
Nickguy08, I am surprised that you said you pretty much only use JUCOs to balance classes. i would have thought with your methodology that getting better players with lower potential would be a strong strategy. If they're already plenty good enough, then you don't really even need to worry about their potential. Just my thought when i saw your method. It's interesting. 
I did say I would take transfers too. I just haven't done either lately, because they haven't had the current ratings I am looking for in a player.

I am very picky about certain traits. I think some coaches put too much weight into a few different traits (even on a position basis). I think some of those are overrated, but that could be different discussion all together. I also think some coaches don't put enough weight into some traits as well. Each coach has their own opinion traits. Again, that could be a different discussion all together.

5/6/2014 8:41 PM
Fair enough. Just seemed to fit what it sounds like your style is. 
5/6/2014 8:59 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/6/2014 8:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/6/2014 7:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/6/2014 7:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/6/2014 12:51:00 PM (view original):
So, what does everybody think about the response to changing m2m? I think it would definitely be useful, but at the end of the day there is still enough wiggle room to game the system.
I think it's funny that you said what I had already said previously, yet everyone acted like it was something original when you said it.
Maybe if you didn't act like such a ***** all the time, people would pay more attention to what you write.
And yet you're the one that goes around cursing at me and chasing me like you're some kind of lost puppy.

Do you think you're contributing with horsecrap like this? Do you think this is a valuable post? This is garbage, and apparently it's all you're capable of contributing.
If it gets you to quit shitting on all the good threads, then yes, I think my post was valuable. You are, quite literally, the worst poster I've ever seen on the boards.

Also, Seble isn't going to listen to you because you act like a know-it-all with nothing to learn from anyone.
5/6/2014 10:28 PM (edited)
Original poll suggestions just weren't very compelling. Not a single one makes a notable improvement on the game. If that's all you got, just leave the game the same.
5/7/2014 1:27 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/7/2014 12:43:00 AM (view original):
I've made a useful post on this thread far more recently than you (if indeed you have, I don't really remember). So get out a mirror if you want to see a less contributory poster on the board.
Again, you have absolutely no sense of irony. Your last sentence was just a doozy.
5/7/2014 10:48 AM
Posted by phalla on 5/7/2014 1:27:00 AM (view original):
Original poll suggestions just weren't very compelling. Not a single one makes a notable improvement on the game. If that's all you got, just leave the game the same.
I don't know if you're speaking in general or directly to me, but the vast majority of options/suggestions were taken from the HD community at large, only one or two of those suggestions came from me (and had been seconded by other users).
5/7/2014 1:06 PM
Here is the follow-up to the original ticket that I posted on this thread a few days ago.

Ticket:

Hello, this is a follow-up to a ticket I previously submitted about a thread in the HD forum named "long overdue...user polls". I would have attached these responses to that ticket, but for some reason that ticket was closed. I believe seble was the admin that wrote the original reply to my ticket.

Keep in mind, the majority of the poll options originated from the HD community and not myself, so I will do my best to interpret their meanings.

- Eliminate halftime "feedback" used by the engine
* I'm not sure what's meant by this one.

> "halftime feedback" as popularly understood by the HD community refers to the correctional measures that kick-in to make sure teams aren't vastly under and/or over performing.

- Improve the ways fouls are determined and assessed to individual players
* This is a little vague. Is there a specific scenario or type of player you're talking about?

> This refers to the discrepancy with the way fouls are sometimes determined, like wild swings between team fouls in the first & second halves of games and a team's best defensive player picking up two fouls in the first minute of a game, etc.

- Increases chances of offensive of offensive fouls for teams running uptempo
* Not sure I see the reasoning behind this one, but if there's data to back this up I'm open to incorporating it.

> I'll ask around and see if any body that can offer insight or produce any data/specifics on this option...but considering it's overall lack of success in the poll, I don't think this is high on the community's list either.

Thanks

Response:

More feedback:

- Eliminate halftime "feedback" used by the engine
* I was not aware of this concept floating around. This isn't accurate. What happens is that the current outcome in the engine may be somewhat affected by previous outcomes. This is not something that flips on at halftime. It happens throughout the game and is meant to prevent extreme results. An example would be instead of a guy shooting 8/10 in a game he may shoot 6/10 or 7/10. It's not an overwhelming adjustment.

- Improve the ways fouls are determined and assessed to individual players
* There's no discrepancy in how fouls are determined, it's always the same logic. The variables affecting that logic may change throughout the game. Normally there's a reason (even if it's not always obvious), but sometimes it's just random luck. That stuff happens in real life too, so I don't see a reason to eliminate it from the sim.

5/7/2014 2:41 PM
You're shitting on the thread too, terps.  This is a good thread.  Stop it.
5/7/2014 3:26 PM
Just wanted to take the time to show you all this. If you think our recruiting is bad check out this link. It's extremely hard to recruit out of your own region.
http://www.dolphinsim.com/help/college/recruiting.shtml
5/7/2014 3:45 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 5/7/2014 3:27:00 PM (view original):
You're shitting on the thread too, terps.  This is a good thread.  Stop it.
Really. I post maybe 2 things a month and I'm calling someone out who I can't stand.  Reading his post are horrible. Fine I'll stop. Good luck with Mr. Know-it-all.
5/7/2014 3:48 PM
Terps, you don't have to go anywhere, its just at this point there is almost nothing that can be done about it. Also, please don't thumbs down etta's remarks because it might have an overall effect on the the thread's rating.
5/7/2014 4:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...18 Next ▸
long overdue...User Polls Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.