Sooooo has anyone ever won a game with 4 players? Topic

Posted by gillispie1 on 5/14/2014 6:48:00 PM (view original):
indeed. a little birdy told me etta has been banned for a while, so... the real question is, what now? 
1) week long non-stop celebration (who is bringing the blow??)
2) wild dance party (who is bringing the e??)
3) quiet week on the forums where we reminisce about the old days (i can supply some sipping bourbon...)
I vote for option 3. But if option 1 or 2 go down, I have a strange feeling that Colonels will be the one supplying.
5/14/2014 11:05 PM
Your birdy must have been made into King Joffrey's pigeon pie.
5/15/2014 12:00 AM
Posted by hogstench on 5/14/2014 11:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by upsetcity on 5/14/2014 4:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/14/2014 3:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by upsetcity on 5/14/2014 12:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/13/2014 9:49:00 PM (view original):
What's unrealistic about it other than the weak player? You don't think teams have ever had bad players in their lineup? 

I would say I guess we'll see when Grow is eligible but I have no idea how I'm gonna feel about it after a couple of weeks in Europe. May just not ever come back.
Just remember not to make promises you can't keep. If you aren't coming back in a few weeks, don't get every coaches hopes up by coming back in a few months.

I'm on the forums fairly often, while generally rather silent until recent. From what I've gathered, you are currently in possession of a horrible team and troll every coach into complete anger by blatantly taking over others' threads. I also believe, however I may not remember correctly, you've been banned multiple times. You contribute nothing to HD in a positive manner, bashing it every attempt you can. If you are to go to Europe for several weeks, and your horrible team becomes even worse(which seems entirely impossible), I personally hope you leave so a SIM AI can take over that team and attempt to rebuild the mess you've made there. And yes, I do believe a SIM AI would actually do a better coaching job than yourself.

And I'm sorry for getting off topic in this thread, I really am, but I've seen you ruin so many threads unnecessarily. I felt compelled to do the same.
I didn't make the mess, dumbshite. I took over the team with 11 open scholarships.

Stupid son of a *****. I guess you haven't lurked long enough.
Ah yes, 'lurker' was the term I was looking for. Thank you.

No matter. Here is something that, not only I but, everyone on these forums seems to realize about Etta. He has a quick trigger. The second somebody states something that Etta doesn't agree with, he yells and screams and stomps his feet. He never asked for someone like gillispie or lostmyth (possibly dating my HD age and hoping most people get the reference, but I digress) to help him learn the game. Instead, he has played the game for two months, and blamed the game for having a failing system.

Now, I hate to sidetrack this meaningless thread for too long(I mean, who really takes the attention away from everyone else's ideas/thoughts/contributions and STILL makes a thread solely focused on their COMPLETELY irrelevant team?). But it is the almighty etta's thread. So I will tell you all that you need to hear, friend.

Your team sucks. That's fact. Perhaps to no fault of your own, but I would say it indirectly is your fault. Yes, the team was a mess when you stumbled your way in, but did you ever even try to learn the game from anyone? I would just guess that about 60 to 70% of people fail at this game and quit because they were never explained the ropes. For example.. If I was a stupid son of a ___, then how did my second recruiting class of all time containing 9 schollies get entirely filled? I asked for help within the forums. But wait, you may be too embarrassed to ask for help, or may just have burned too many darn bridges. OH WAIT, no you have to be kidding... did you know that owners of successful teams have been gathering together at a thread right about this (I'm almost positive that it's the top one)? Now, you may not be able to get a beginners' guide like you so desperately need, but you do have the opportunity to pick the minds of many coaches in areas they seem to have a ton of experience within. Don't try and weasel your way into saying that it's not easy enough for you, it really is that easy.

Etta, here's the deal. Nobody here likes you. The best part? Who the hell cares who likes you in an online game? But coming around and complaining about the game when veterans and noobies alike agree that the simulation is fine. At some point, maybe you have to realize that you need to improve as a 'coach' before you can see more success with your teams. If not, sweet. I hope you burnout and leave. It really is one less nuisance to have on the forums. If you stay, sweet. I hope it turns out in your current squad becoming a D2 powerhouse and you helping beginners transition into the game. Just please know one thing, 99.9% of HD won't care what direction you choose.
Standing Ovation, upsetcity
I like to believe I speak on behalf of the people.
5/15/2014 12:12 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/15/2014 12:25:00 AM (view original):
You talk **** on behalf of yourself and not a damn word of it makes sense. It doesn't even merit serious response. There are so many flaws as to make it a waste of time, much like this game.

No **** my team sucks. It was always going to, even if I did have more scholarship players because freshmen suck on this game; that's just the way it is as it's been explained to me a number of times. A team of recruits is not going to be any good...so really you're going nowhere with that one.

But none of that mean the game doesn't suck too, and that's what none of you bother to consider.

Whatever, I don't care, I'm sure I'm soon to be banned regardless of what I do, so I pretty much took the bat out of you all's hands. It's not like I really give a **** or there's any real loss to my life from being banned from here, since I don't plan on throwing any more good money after bad. 
Ahh perfect! The reason I quoted that post after I saw you post. I was trolling the troll. And look how it seems to have aggravated you. And no worries, Etta! I'll be commenting on your NEW self-centered thread that nobody cares about as well, because.. well.. hey, why not keep poking the baby.

Okay. Let's pick this apart. One, bashing the game again without any reason to. Mark that up as a point to myself, I mean, I did say you bash this game repeatedly. Also a point to myself for stating you stomp your feet and cry. If you re-read this post, you'll see what I mean. And I'd love to credit myself for saying you made a pointless thread, but I didn't know you'd actually make a second pointless thread. DARNIT. I could have taken the quick 3-0 lead. Oh well.

Admitting your team sucks? Hmm.. I'd love to give myself a point, but your agreeing. We can call that one a tie. Stating freshman suck in this game. I don't know. I would almost like to deduct a point from you. See. If you're at the high D1 level, such as Duke or UCLA, they recruit SERIOUSLY dominant freshman. And those kids are generally early entrees(sounds like real life, doesn't it bud?). Here's the funny part. You're at D2. Yes, freshman suck. But look at any D2 or D3 school. Hell, look at low level to mid-major freshman. They do suck(Wow, that also sounds like real life.. what are the odds of that?). My opinion, you deal with it and learn to build a power class, 6 freshman who all become seniors with high IQs and max'd out talents. It would help you rebuild your team. I did that with my class of 9, and got to an elite eight with a group of average players who maxed out as seniors. Hey, you're still learning the game, I'll keep you at 0.

Bashing the game again, although nobody else agrees with you.. And you suggest the MAJORITY is stupid and that you're the intelligent one. Hell, I'll give you the point. Not because you're right, far from it, but because you have yet to get on that board. 2-1?

Still mentioning how little you care, but still coming on around the same time every day to state how little you care. I don't know. I mean, I told you we don't care if you care. But you seem to think we do. It's a close call, but I think I'm going to say that I called that one, bud.

My final score was 3-1. I'd ask if you'd like a recount, but I already know you probably think my counting system made no sense and that you're never going to give money to listen to it. If you want, I can do a recount tonight at 2 if you'd like, or tomorrow at 2pm. Just let me know, friend!

5/15/2014 12:43 AM
You don't know **** about real life if you think real life D2 and D3 schools never get useful freshmen. You just don't. Which is fine, except that you make out like you do. 

Nothing you said was even close to a valid point. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
5/15/2014 12:56 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/15/2014 12:56:00 AM (view original):
You don't know **** about real life if you think real life D2 and D3 schools never get useful freshmen. You just don't. Which is fine, except that you make out like you do. 

Nothing you said was even close to a valid point. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Hey good quote!

Now, of course freshman have impacts outside of the high D1, but they're not overly dominant. Most are very streaky and very lost in terms of game play. Hell, even Parker and Wiggins were lost on the defensive and offensive ends, but their natural talents kept them on the court. If freshman at the D2 level were totally dominant, I think they would be playing lower level D1, right? Except for the bottom tier D1 recruits who decide to go to dominate D2.. Well, I'm sure most of them wouldn't attend a C-prestige school, and would rather attend a contender. I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong, but knowing your track record, I highly doubt it.
5/15/2014 1:03 AM
Most freshmen in high D1 are not Parker and Wiggins and have their struggles too. You're talking out both sides of your mouth.

There are naturally talented freshmen that have huge early impacts at all levels. Like one D3 basketball coach I used to know once said "One recruit can make a huge difference on a basketball team." And he had a couple that certainly did. 

One kid this year was on a 28-3 team and finished 3rd in D3 in assists as a freshman. Another kid finished top 20 in assists and steals. 5 guys finished with 19 ppg or more. I was told on this site that even 15 ppg from an HD freshman was barely possible.
5/15/2014 1:30 AM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19
Sooooo has anyone ever won a game with 4 players? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.