Sooooo has anyone ever won a game with 4 players? Topic

Posted by fd343ny on 5/13/2014 9:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/13/2014 6:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by alblack56 on 5/13/2014 4:27:00 AM (view original):
In 1994, Kentucky trailed LSU 68-37 with 15 minutes remaining and won 99-95, outscoring the Tigers 62-27
Great so that's one time in the history of college basketball. And no one got close to 99 points in this game, which makes it a bit tougher to score that many points.

Kentucky was also a really good team under Pitino then.

And it's still not 64-15 over 25-30 min (whenever the run started, I don't know and I don't really care to look at that pbp again).

Whatever, I don't really have much time to care over the next 3 weeks or so.
I assume that you understand that your roster bears little resemblance to what any college team would ever send out on the court.  As noted earlier, unrealistic inputs lead to unrealistic outputs.  IF a team like yours behaved like a realistic team that would be deeply unrealistic.  
If a team like that ever actually took the floor, they'd likely lose to NAIA teams, more or less Division 2 teams.
5/14/2014 1:20 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/14/2014 3:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by upsetcity on 5/14/2014 12:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/13/2014 9:49:00 PM (view original):
What's unrealistic about it other than the weak player? You don't think teams have ever had bad players in their lineup? 

I would say I guess we'll see when Grow is eligible but I have no idea how I'm gonna feel about it after a couple of weeks in Europe. May just not ever come back.
Just remember not to make promises you can't keep. If you aren't coming back in a few weeks, don't get every coaches hopes up by coming back in a few months.

I'm on the forums fairly often, while generally rather silent until recent. From what I've gathered, you are currently in possession of a horrible team and troll every coach into complete anger by blatantly taking over others' threads. I also believe, however I may not remember correctly, you've been banned multiple times. You contribute nothing to HD in a positive manner, bashing it every attempt you can. If you are to go to Europe for several weeks, and your horrible team becomes even worse(which seems entirely impossible), I personally hope you leave so a SIM AI can take over that team and attempt to rebuild the mess you've made there. And yes, I do believe a SIM AI would actually do a better coaching job than yourself.

And I'm sorry for getting off topic in this thread, I really am, but I've seen you ruin so many threads unnecessarily. I felt compelled to do the same.
I didn't make the mess, dumbshite. I took over the team with 11 open scholarships.

Stupid son of a *****. I guess you haven't lurked long enough.
Ah yes, 'lurker' was the term I was looking for. Thank you.

No matter. Here is something that, not only I but, everyone on these forums seems to realize about Etta. He has a quick trigger. The second somebody states something that Etta doesn't agree with, he yells and screams and stomps his feet. He never asked for someone like gillispie or lostmyth (possibly dating my HD age and hoping most people get the reference, but I digress) to help him learn the game. Instead, he has played the game for two months, and blamed the game for having a failing system.

Now, I hate to sidetrack this meaningless thread for too long(I mean, who really takes the attention away from everyone else's ideas/thoughts/contributions and STILL makes a thread solely focused on their COMPLETELY irrelevant team?). But it is the almighty etta's thread. So I will tell you all that you need to hear, friend.

Your team sucks. That's fact. Perhaps to no fault of your own, but I would say it indirectly is your fault. Yes, the team was a mess when you stumbled your way in, but did you ever even try to learn the game from anyone? I would just guess that about 60 to 70% of people fail at this game and quit because they were never explained the ropes. For example.. If I was a stupid son of a ___, then how did my second recruiting class of all time containing 9 schollies get entirely filled? I asked for help within the forums. But wait, you may be too embarrassed to ask for help, or may just have burned too many darn bridges. OH WAIT, no you have to be kidding... did you know that owners of successful teams have been gathering together at a thread right about this (I'm almost positive that it's the top one)? Now, you may not be able to get a beginners' guide like you so desperately need, but you do have the opportunity to pick the minds of many coaches in areas they seem to have a ton of experience within. Don't try and weasel your way into saying that it's not easy enough for you, it really is that easy.

Etta, here's the deal. Nobody here likes you. The best part? Who the hell cares who likes you in an online game? But coming around and complaining about the game when veterans and noobies alike agree that the simulation is fine. At some point, maybe you have to realize that you need to improve as a 'coach' before you can see more success with your teams. If not, sweet. I hope you burnout and leave. It really is one less nuisance to have on the forums. If you stay, sweet. I hope it turns out in your current squad becoming a D2 powerhouse and you helping beginners transition into the game. Just please know one thing, 99.9% of HD won't care what direction you choose.
5/14/2014 4:21 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/13/2014 6:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/13/2014 6:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/13/2014 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Probably shouldn't have played a -2 against a team that shoots 55% of their shots from behind the arc.
+1 for trying to explain how HD works.
-1 for being a cockface.
U mad bro?
5/14/2014 4:32 AM
Posted by upsetcity on 5/14/2014 4:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/14/2014 3:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by upsetcity on 5/14/2014 12:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/13/2014 9:49:00 PM (view original):
What's unrealistic about it other than the weak player? You don't think teams have ever had bad players in their lineup? 

I would say I guess we'll see when Grow is eligible but I have no idea how I'm gonna feel about it after a couple of weeks in Europe. May just not ever come back.
Just remember not to make promises you can't keep. If you aren't coming back in a few weeks, don't get every coaches hopes up by coming back in a few months.

I'm on the forums fairly often, while generally rather silent until recent. From what I've gathered, you are currently in possession of a horrible team and troll every coach into complete anger by blatantly taking over others' threads. I also believe, however I may not remember correctly, you've been banned multiple times. You contribute nothing to HD in a positive manner, bashing it every attempt you can. If you are to go to Europe for several weeks, and your horrible team becomes even worse(which seems entirely impossible), I personally hope you leave so a SIM AI can take over that team and attempt to rebuild the mess you've made there. And yes, I do believe a SIM AI would actually do a better coaching job than yourself.

And I'm sorry for getting off topic in this thread, I really am, but I've seen you ruin so many threads unnecessarily. I felt compelled to do the same.
I didn't make the mess, dumbshite. I took over the team with 11 open scholarships.

Stupid son of a *****. I guess you haven't lurked long enough.
Ah yes, 'lurker' was the term I was looking for. Thank you.

No matter. Here is something that, not only I but, everyone on these forums seems to realize about Etta. He has a quick trigger. The second somebody states something that Etta doesn't agree with, he yells and screams and stomps his feet. He never asked for someone like gillispie or lostmyth (possibly dating my HD age and hoping most people get the reference, but I digress) to help him learn the game. Instead, he has played the game for two months, and blamed the game for having a failing system.

Now, I hate to sidetrack this meaningless thread for too long(I mean, who really takes the attention away from everyone else's ideas/thoughts/contributions and STILL makes a thread solely focused on their COMPLETELY irrelevant team?). But it is the almighty etta's thread. So I will tell you all that you need to hear, friend.

Your team sucks. That's fact. Perhaps to no fault of your own, but I would say it indirectly is your fault. Yes, the team was a mess when you stumbled your way in, but did you ever even try to learn the game from anyone? I would just guess that about 60 to 70% of people fail at this game and quit because they were never explained the ropes. For example.. If I was a stupid son of a ___, then how did my second recruiting class of all time containing 9 schollies get entirely filled? I asked for help within the forums. But wait, you may be too embarrassed to ask for help, or may just have burned too many darn bridges. OH WAIT, no you have to be kidding... did you know that owners of successful teams have been gathering together at a thread right about this (I'm almost positive that it's the top one)? Now, you may not be able to get a beginners' guide like you so desperately need, but you do have the opportunity to pick the minds of many coaches in areas they seem to have a ton of experience within. Don't try and weasel your way into saying that it's not easy enough for you, it really is that easy.

Etta, here's the deal. Nobody here likes you. The best part? Who the hell cares who likes you in an online game? But coming around and complaining about the game when veterans and noobies alike agree that the simulation is fine. At some point, maybe you have to realize that you need to improve as a 'coach' before you can see more success with your teams. If not, sweet. I hope you burnout and leave. It really is one less nuisance to have on the forums. If you stay, sweet. I hope it turns out in your current squad becoming a D2 powerhouse and you helping beginners transition into the game. Just please know one thing, 99.9% of HD won't care what direction you choose.
Standing Ovation, upsetcity
5/14/2014 11:26 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/13/2014 9:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by metsmax on 5/13/2014 9:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/13/2014 6:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/13/2014 6:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/13/2014 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Probably shouldn't have played a -2 against a team that shoots 55% of their shots from behind the arc.
+1 for trying to explain how HD works.
-1 for being a cockface.
mustnt mustnt
What, do you have a problem with roosters now or something?
ah yes, roosters...

makes me think of ferret face - coach K
5/14/2014 11:40 AM
Be careful metsmax. Go easy on my boy. I heard he might win a few games before he's threw. His student boy and his recruits seems to like his face.
5/14/2014 12:04 PM
I got nothing against ferrets - or weasels.....
5/14/2014 1:31 PM
Posted by metsmax on 5/14/2014 1:31:00 PM (view original):
then why'd you insult them by comparing them to coach k??
5/14/2014 4:47 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/14/2014 4:47:00 PM (view original):
Speaking of weasels, I'd like to compliment Coach Calipari on not having anything in the past 5 years vacated.
5/14/2014 5:07 PM
Posted by acn24 on 5/14/2014 5:07:00 PM (view original):
Speaking of weasels, I'd like to compliment Coach Calipari on not having anything in the past 5 years vacated.
hell, after the decade before him, im just glad we have something worth vacating ;)
5/14/2014 6:00 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/14/2014 6:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by acn24 on 5/14/2014 5:07:00 PM (view original):
hell, after the decade before him, im just glad we have something worth vacating ;)
Like the years gilllispie was there, right?
5/14/2014 6:05 PM
indeed. a little birdy told me etta has been banned for a while, so... the real question is, what now? 
1) week long non-stop celebration (who is bringing the blow??)
2) wild dance party (who is bringing the e??)
3) quiet week on the forums where we reminisce about the old days (i can supply some sipping bourbon...)
5/14/2014 6:48 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/14/2014 6:48:00 PM (view original):
indeed. a little birdy told me etta has been banned for a while, so... the real question is, what now? 
1) week long non-stop celebration (who is bringing the blow??)
2) wild dance party (who is bringing the e??)
3) quiet week on the forums where we reminisce about the old days (i can supply some sipping bourbon...)
enjoy it while it lasts (that goes for both the lack etta and the Calipariing of UK) both tend to be fleeting
5/14/2014 7:18 PM
The funniest part of that birdy's story is how he managed to do so.
5/14/2014 8:30 PM
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18|19 Next ▸
Sooooo has anyone ever won a game with 4 players? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.