Minimum Wage Topic

Posted by burnsy483 on 6/12/2014 3:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/12/2014 3:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 6/12/2014 3:31:00 PM (view original):
Also I think it's cute that you act like a 10 year old girl when it comes to BL.  With your fingers in your ears yelling "you're stupid can't hear you you're stupid can't hear you la la la la la la la"
Not getting sucked into his internet dumbassery is cute?    Seek help. 
But yet you are.  That's what's funny.
Bingo.

60 pages deep, in a thread I started, mikes still arguing against my point.
6/12/2014 3:38 PM
That's what I thought.   Your examples indicate you're just talking out of your *** when you talk about "average millionaires".  
6/12/2014 3:38 PM
Maybe you should say "In general, people who make more money, probably, value their money, most likely, a little, in some cases, less than the guy, usually, who make less, every now and then."

6/12/2014 3:41 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/12/2014 3:41:00 PM (view original):
Maybe you should say "In general, people who make more money, probably, value their money, most likely, a little, in some cases, less than the guy, usually, who make less, every now and then."

You're still making the wrong comparison. It's not value to person A vs value to person B. It's value of dollar 1 to person A vs value of dollar 200,000 to person A.
6/12/2014 3:43 PM
Nah, I speak English.

So you're saying the average guy values dollar 1 million the same way average guy values dollar 50000? Assuming that's the last dollar he just made. If you were to take a way a dollar from both of them, they'd feel the same way about it?
6/12/2014 3:46 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/12/2014 3:43:00 PM (view original):

You're still making the wrong comparison. It's not value to person A vs value to person B. It's value of dollar 1 to person A vs value of dollar 200,000 to person A.
BLs been saying this for a while. Maybe a better way to look at it. Would you say average guy values these dollars the same way?
6/12/2014 3:47 PM
I don't know about you guys, but other than serial numbers on the bills themselves, the money I make isn't numbered consecutively.

Still, it's asinine to make a blanket statement that a guy who makes $100k values the last dollar of his income differently than the guy who makes $50k.  Different people have different needs based on all different factors, including where they live, their age, family status, etc.  Only they can decide how much their money is worth to them.

burnsy, every once in a while you have moments of clarity where you'll say something that leads me to believe you have the capability of applying logic and common sense to a discussion.  But inevitably, you eventually allow yourself to get sucked into BL's vortex of stupidity and become his lackey sidekick.  It's sad.
6/12/2014 4:00 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 6/12/2014 3:46:00 PM (view original):
Nah, I speak English.

So you're saying the average guy values dollar 1 million the same way average guy values dollar 50000? Assuming that's the last dollar he just made. If you were to take a way a dollar from both of them, they'd feel the same way about it?
OK, I know this guy isn't exactly "average", but what about Donald Sterling?  Clearly, whatever principle he's standing on means more to him than $2B....  

He's willing to walk away from more cash than all of us combined.  So the next $1B (his half) doesn't mean ANYTHING to him... or at least it means less than whatever it is that he values....
6/12/2014 4:18 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/12/2014 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by toddcommish on 6/12/2014 3:09:00 PM (view original):
Whether or not I value my next dollar more than someone else is irrelevant.  I EARNED THAT DOLLAR.  I should get to keep it (or at least most of it).  I value every freakin' cent I earn, because it represents my WORK and my EFFORT.

if someone else earns their dollar, they ALSO should get to keep it (or at least most of it).  

It's when the government gives away money (which is, by extension, MY money) that people value money less, because to them, it's the same as the trophy that people get for finishing in last place.  It isn't valued, IT'S EXPECTED and therefore taken for granted.

The government is probably the WORST arbiter of how to handle money for the good of the collective.  
But you don't deserve to keep all of your money. Paying taxes is part of the deal. You get to live here, you pay taxes.
Ha ha tell that to the 49%
6/12/2014 4:20 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/12/2014 4:01:00 PM (view original):
I don't know about you guys, but other than serial numbers on the bills themselves, the money I make isn't numbered consecutively.

Still, it's asinine to make a blanket statement that a guy who makes $100k values the last dollar of his income differently than the guy who makes $50k.  Different people have different needs based on all different factors, including where they live, their age, family status, etc.  Only they can decide how much their money is worth to them.

burnsy, every once in a while you have moments of clarity where you'll say something that leads me to believe you have the capability of applying logic and common sense to a discussion.  But inevitably, you eventually allow yourself to get sucked into BL's vortex of stupidity and become his lackey sidekick.  It's sad.
You may not understand it or like it, but it's a fact. As your income grows, each dollar earned has a diminishing value.

Which is why we have tax brackets. And the brackets treat everyone the same.

The first $9,000 of taxable income in 2013 that Poor/Single/Childless/Steve earns is taxed at 10%. The first $9.000 of taxable income in 2013 that Millionaire/Single/Childless/Bill earns is taxed at 10%.They'd both pay 15% on the next chunk. And 25% on the chunk after that. And so on.

This isn't some concept that I or burnsy just made up. It's reality. I'm sorry that you and mike aren't able to understand it.
6/12/2014 4:31 PM (edited)
Posted by moy23 on 6/12/2014 4:20:00 PM (view original):
Whether or not I value my next dollar more than someone else is irrelevant.  I EARNED THAT DOLLAR.  I should get to keep it (or at least most of it).  I value every freakin' cent I earn, because it represents my WORK and my EFFORT.

if someone else earns their dollar, they ALSO should get to keep it (or at least most of it).  

It's when the government gives away money (which is, by extension, MY money) that people value money less, because to them, it's the same as the trophy that people get for finishing in last place.  It isn't valued, IT'S EXPECTED and therefore taken for granted.

The government is probably the WORST arbiter of how to handle money for the good of the collective.  
But you don't deserve to keep all of your money. Paying taxes is part of the deal. You get to live here, you pay taxes.
Everyone pays some taxes.
6/12/2014 4:28 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/12/2014 4:28:00 PM (view original):

Wrong.  Just because it cuts into their handout, doesn't mean that they PAY taxes.  Unless you're using the broad definition of "pay" to include sales tax, sin tax (on their booze and cigarettes), or other pay-as-you-go tax.
6/12/2014 4:33 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 6/12/2014 4:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/12/2014 4:28:00 PM (view original):

Wrong.  Just because it cuts into their handout, doesn't mean that they PAY taxes.  Unless you're using the broad definition of "pay" to include sales tax, sin tax (on their booze and cigarettes), or other pay-as-you-go tax.
I'm including all taxes. I don't expect people with little to no income to pay anything in income tax.
6/12/2014 4:35 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 6/12/2014 3:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/12/2014 3:43:00 PM (view original):

BLs been saying this for a while. Maybe a better way to look at it. Would you say average guy values these dollars the same way?
I don't know how "average guy" values his dollars.   I know how I value my dollars.   I'm glad you and BL have knowledge that the rest of us can't access.
6/12/2014 4:35 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 6/12/2014 3:46:00 PM (view original):
Nah, I speak English.

If guy one has 1 million in yearly debt, and guy 2 has 25,000 in yearly debt, which guy values his last dollar more?
6/12/2014 4:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...59|60|61|62|63...127 Next ▸
Minimum Wage Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.