Hilarious recruit message Topic

I thought I'd "reach" for a 3* guy I liked in my second season at SHSU. I guess I forgot how few recruits actually pay attention to you when your prestige is D-. At least I got a funny reply out of it. Have you guys ever gotten a message like this?

"Coach, Sam Houston St. is a first-rate place, but I need to be closer to my sick grandmother right now...and she's actually only sick because she thought I might attend Sam Houston St. - so if you don't want to kill her, stop calling me."
5/1/2014 8:18 PM
I would have bet any amount of money this was going to be a SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-BANG thread.
5/1/2014 8:24 PM
What's that?
5/1/2014 8:32 PM
Some of those messages are really funny. The one about the trip to Windsor makes me laugh every time. Mostly because I live near Windsor,NewJersey which has a population of about 50.
5/1/2014 9:08 PM
Maybe people can post some of their own funny messages here.
5/1/2014 9:17 PM
For ineligibles," Coach, I would love to come play for you but you need to mail directions or something. I don't know where Ohio is. Literally, like I couldn't find it on a map. You have seen my GPA right? It's low but my mom thinks I am special. In fact, my high school does as well."
5/1/2014 9:22 PM
Oh my gosh--I need to recruit more ineligibles!
5/1/2014 9:30 PM
I miss the "me love you long time" style international messages
5/1/2014 9:49 PM
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/1/2014 9:30:00 PM (view original):
I just made mine up :)
5/1/2014 10:07 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/1/2014 10:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/1/2014 9:30:00 PM (view original):
I just made mine up :)
Dammit! I wanted that one to be real!!!
5/1/2014 10:26 PM
it still annoys me greatly that someone complained about those international emails being racist, or offensive, or some ****. i understand the concern but come on... by that standard, SHHH-BANG should have to go, for possibly being offensive to rednecks or something. i forget the details but certainly someone looking to be offended could be. its annoying to me because the game has these stupid humorous lines all over the place, and it kind of adds character. i feel like almost anything can be construed as offensive to someone, and i don't really want to live in a world that only consists of hearts and kittens. i am all for being anti-racist and all that jazz, and think its stupid the argument is being presented by some circles that racism is dead, but seriously... the guys from other countries are made out to not know english too well. how offensive can that really be? i think some people just like to complain. besides, is it not more offensive to paint america as so all-powerful that everyone from any country anywhere must know perfect english? by the time people are done complaining, all recruits will send is how much they like your school on a scale from 1-10. "2", "8", thats it. until someone with a mental disorder who believes they are the number 11 has something to say about it, i suppose...
5/1/2014 11:29 PM (edited)
I once got a message from a recruit that was like 3 pages long (literally) going on and on about his trailer park and how his dad ran away with his aunt or something like that. It was CRAZY off the rails. I wish I saved it. I was laughing so hard. I've never seen it since and I have 6 teams so it must be a once in a thousand message they send out or something. I wonder how many of those "rare" messages are out there? You seasoned vets probably know the answer!
5/1/2014 11:47 PM
I love the little bits of humor in the game.  Not a recruit message exactly, but I always appreciate this ast coach email about an injury..goes something like this.

Coach, I hate to break the bad news to you, but our best efforts couldn't save PlayerA..he died on the operating table last night.  No just kidding, I've always wanted to say that.  He's at about 95% with a mild ankle sprain.
5/2/2014 11:10 AM
Posted by killbatman on 5/2/2014 11:10:00 AM (view original):
I love the little bits of humor in the game.  Not a recruit message exactly, but I always appreciate this ast coach email about an injury..goes something like this.

Coach, I hate to break the bad news to you, but our best efforts couldn't save PlayerA..he died on the operating table last night.  No just kidding, I've always wanted to say that.  He's at about 95% with a mild ankle sprain.
i totally took my assistant at his word the first time i got that, without finishing reading, and was flipping out for a good 10 minutes before i realized the player was actually fine.
5/2/2014 11:59 AM
one way WIS could improve the product would be to run a contest where people submit suggested NEW messages for various situations.  They would get lots of ideas - some good, some awful, some un-printable.  Give the best submission a free season.  I'd write some good messages for sure!
5/2/2014 12:22 PM
123 Next ▸
Hilarious recruit message Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.