Inter-World Cup: Congrats FC Stolpen Steamroller! Topic

Hey all, I will be running the tournament through Google Documents.  Here is the main document:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yG8tA1KoyZE8cF3OrSl-d1OrOS5z_tauIlA047heQ2o/edit#gid=0

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
5/6/2014 6:02 PM
Google Doc for scoring leaders:

Scoring Leaders
5/10/2014 12:17 AM (edited)
Just to make it easier

Link to the main document

5/6/2014 6:39 PM
All of my challenges are sent. Group G looks to be the most fun of my two groups, given the fact that I compete in the same worlds as each of the three other teams on other IDs of mine, including being in the same league as two (The Dragons in W72 and Steamroller in W91), but both will be exciting as I'm pumped for some good competition. Only playing each team once will be a challenge, though. Playing each team twice is a great equalizer, but with only one game against each team, there's almost no margin for error. Good luck to everyone!
5/6/2014 8:50 PM (edited)
As this is twice as large as any tournament I've previously run, I wanted to keep it a little simpler this time; if, I run another one, I'd be open to expanding it to a home and away against each team in the Group Stage, but we'll see how this tournament goes.
5/6/2014 10:20 PM
My one challenge has been sent and the two others have been accepted!  :)
5/7/2014 8:25 AM
Out of curiosity, malhits, what was your formula for seeding? Also, I have no problems with playing each team just once. It is a larger tournament, so that's understandable. I was just remarking that it was going to be challenging.
5/7/2014 11:56 AM (edited)
The two biggest factors were number of championships and goal differential from the past three seasons.  The clubs weren't necessarily given a hard ranking, but I tried to sort them into a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th tier.  From there, I used a random number generator to draw teams into their groups, making minor changes so that (at least I hope...) nobody will play against their own club or somebody from the same world until the Semi Finals.  Basically, it was not an exact science at all, but it's really all for fun anyway, so I didn't spend hours and hours on it.  Unfortunately, with differences in competition between worlds and countries, it was quite a challenge to rank teams...
5/7/2014 10:08 PM
Yeah, I don't suppose it can be an exact science. As I mentioned, my Kangaroos are in the same group as three teams I compete in the same worlds as with alt IDs and one is a perfect case in point. Colombian's IBC Toros have been the only team in W79 Colombia for years (that appears to be changing now) whereas my Kangaroos have been in a full W86 US League for our entire existence. (This is not to take anything away from the Toros. They are an extremely well built team and colombian is a fantastic owner, also, I'm nervous about being in the same group as them. I'm just adding to your point.) Point being, seeding something like this is like comparing apples and oranges, so I was just curious as to how you went about it.

On another note, all my challenges have been sent/accepted, with the exception of SISU MATSON FC, who still has not responded to my challenge which is in Slot 4 currently. I'll keep you updated on that. Also, World 86 rolls over at 7 tonight. This won't be an issue for myself or system, but etmoney's team looks to have no returning players as all his contracts will expire. I don't know what you want to do about this, because FAs won't be signing until after his game with tripleace's team and I'd hate to see a team get knocked out due to two forfeits. Just a heads up.
5/8/2014 12:46 PM (edited)
I will get both my teams games scheduled tomorrow, sorry for the delay.
5/8/2014 10:45 PM
So has etmoney scheduled his games for before Week 4 and will have nobody on his roster?  I might have to make an announcement to the teams in his group...
5/9/2014 12:06 AM
Yes. His first game is 5/10 (Week 2) and his second is 5/12 at 7 pm (at the beginning of Week 4, before first cycle of signing.). His third should be fine as it doesn't take place til week 6.
5/9/2014 11:01 AM
Hey, indians... your other team needs to accept my challenge.  
5/9/2014 8:10 PM
Irish 3 - North Dakota 1
5/9/2014 9:20 PM
FC Mandevilla 5:1 Bordeaux United.
5/9/2014 10:08 PM
123 Next ▸
Inter-World Cup: Congrats FC Stolpen Steamroller! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.