Inter-World Cup: Congrats FC Stolpen Steamroller! Topic

I didn't received any away games so far.
5/14/2014 10:49 PM
Posted by systemhalter on 5/14/2014 10:49:00 PM (view original):
I didn't received any away games so far.
So since a challenge was not sent by the deadline (May 14th) and you did in fact play a match at home against SISU (which just so happened to be a 3-0 win, the same score as a forfeit), the game will be counted in place of an outright forfeit.  Really it doesn't change anything except that your goals will count towards the race for the Golden Boot.
5/14/2014 11:56 PM (edited)
Looks like the Group Stage is all scheduled to be wrapped up by the 18th.  Stay tuned for more information about the Round of 16, and, if you've been eliminated, thank you for playing.
5/15/2014 12:01 AM
damnit Ibiza didnt make it because of GD
5/15/2014 6:02 PM
The Group Stage is all finished up.  Congratulations to everyone advancing with a special tip of the hat to Manafchester United, Schwaben AC, and FC Kampfgeist, who all went 3-0 in their groups.  In other news, Cristobal Galvan of FC Kampfgeist leads the Golden Boot race with 5 goals, but there will be plenty of opportunities in the Elimination Rounds for someone to catch him.

To those of you continuing on, here is the Google Doc for the Round of 16

Thank you again, everybody, for playing!  I look forward to improving my team and seeing you in the next installment.
5/18/2014 7:43 PM
FC Kampfgeist and Commitments FC are the only ones left to schedule their Round of 16 game.  Looks like FC Kampfgeist is about to roll over to the next season, so just try to get it scheduled by the 25th.
5/21/2014 2:05 PM
Round of 16 is in the books! Now for the Quarter Finals.  Quite a strong showing from World 91 Germany in this tournament; must be fierce competition in league play.  We'll be using the same Google doc and the same rules for this round.  Good luck!
5/26/2014 1:32 PM
Onto the Semi-Finals! Props to Dorf/mr_grizzly for sending both of his entrants into the final four.  Please check the Google doc for scheduling.  Juan Elizondo has grabbed the lead in the race for the Golden Boot.  Stay tuned for the exciting finish to the Inaugural Inter-World Cup!
6/4/2014 7:40 PM
And so ends the first Inter-World Cup!  Congratulations to our champions FC Stolpen Steamroller of World 91 Germany, who edged the Ecuadorian GAGI3 squad 4-3 in the final.  GAGI3 looked completely outmatched early as FC Stolpen Steamroller lived up to its name and knocked in four goals in the first 41 minutes of play, including a cherry on top for the Golden Boot winner Juan Elizondo.  The match turned out to be fiercely competitive, however, thanks to GAGI3's Villa Heredia, who twice cut into the Steamroller's 4-0 lead just before the referee whistled for the end of the first half, bringing the score to 4-2.  A 75th minute header from GAGI3's Trijntje-Willems Vandenbussche (you can't make names like this up...) that brought the score to 4-3 had the people of Ecuador up on their feet in anticipation of an equalizer, but their hopes were shattered just five minutes later when Heredia picked up his second yellow and was sent off the pitch, leaving GAGI3 a man and a goal down, deficits that would prove too difficult to overcome in the remaining 10 minutes of the match.  These two clubs put on a fantastic finish to the Inter-World Cup, finishing the final with nearly equal numbers across the stat sheet.  Thank you all for playing!
6/11/2014 10:31 PM (edited)
Thanks for organizing the tournament, malhits98, from me and on behalf of my alter ego, mr_grizzly.  You did a great job keeping track of all the games and making it interesting for all of us who entered.  One question:  when will I get a chance to defend my title?
6/12/2014 5:32 AM
Thanks malhits98 and congrats dorf it was a good tourney.
6/14/2014 5:53 AM
The sign-ups for the second edition will begin soon.  Still debating whether or not to implement home and away matches through the Group Stage and up until the Semi-Finals similar to the Champions League...  I can also say right now that I will not be running a third edition for quite some time after this next one.  Just won't have the time as summer will be wrapping up by the time this next one is over.

- malhits98
6/15/2014 12:54 AM
Any plans for another Inter-World Cup?
6/2/2016 12:58 PM
◂ Prev 123
Inter-World Cup: Congrats FC Stolpen Steamroller! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.