Self Evals: Grade Yourself as an HD Coach Topic

Posted by wildcat98 on 5/15/2014 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by guyo26 on 5/15/2014 5:23:00 PM (view original):
This guy came in as a 13 WE, after starting 3 years and 83 straight games he was a 29 WE.  I don't have records of growth each year, but it wasn't much WE growth

This is what I meant, though my "skyrocket" wording wasn't precise. I was thinking something like 50% growth per year started or something. IOW, Year 1 = 8WE-->12WE; Year 2 = 12WE-->18WE; Year 3 = 18WE-->27WE...

Sort of like compounding interest, by the end the WE would be significantly higher.
these figures are much too ambitious
5/15/2014 9:05 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/12/2014 11:47:00 PM (view original):
alblack is not a_in_the_b, is he? i would be genuinely shocked if that was true. 
No, not. I would be quite shocked if it were true as well.
5/15/2014 9:29 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/15/2014 9:05:00 PM (view original):
This guy came in as a 13 WE, after starting 3 years and 83 straight games he was a 29 WE.  I don't have records of growth each year, but it wasn't much WE growth

This is what I meant, though my "skyrocket" wording wasn't precise. I was thinking something like 50% growth per year started or something. IOW, Year 1 = 8WE-->12WE; Year 2 = 12WE-->18WE; Year 3 = 18WE-->27WE...

Sort of like compounding interest, by the end the WE would be significantly higher.
Yeah it's like
23ish

5/15/2014 9:36 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/15/2014 9:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/15/2014 9:05:00 PM (view original):

Yeah it's like
23ish

Yeah, this seems more realistic. I just new I'd heard that starting these low WE guys helped their WE quite a bit. Shouldn't have used "skyrocket", though.
5/15/2014 10:16 PM
Recruiting: C+
- The players I tend to recruit are always "missing" in one or two category's even though they excel elsewhere.

Player Development (through practice planning): A
- I usually max out my players and get a lot out of IQ's

Team Game Planning: A-
- I feel that I usually can give my team a game plan to have a chance at victory

Player Game Planning: C-
- I struggle with distro a lot and just sort of wing it

Team Development (Leaving teams better than you found them): N/A (only coached two teams and have maintained their excellence I guess?)

Overall: B-
5/15/2014 10:30 PM
Interesting thread... I'd love to have others evaluate ME that actually know what I've done. 
I was always a B+ until the last 20 seasons or so. Then I began to really understand Offenses and defenses, and the types of players needed to run them better which helped me get better. 
then I began to get scheduling. this helped even more where I moved to an A coach that makes the final four pretty regularly and rarely wins the big one. 
5/16/2014 12:02 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/7/2014 7:15:00 PM (view original):
Is it possible to not be good at development? Pretty much all you have to be able to do is see colors and do basic math. 
I really think player development has to be tied to recruiting.  If you give yourself a low mark in recruiting, I can't  see how player development can be ranked high.  For instance, if I get crappy players with a lot of low potentials, how can I not get them to max out?  I think a better way to look at this is how much improvement players get by the end of their careers relative to where they started.
5/16/2014 12:51 PM
Posted by stewdog on 5/16/2014 12:02:00 PM (view original):
Interesting thread... I'd love to have others evaluate ME that actually know what I've done. 
I was always a B+ until the last 20 seasons or so. Then I began to really understand Offenses and defenses, and the types of players needed to run them better which helped me get better. 
then I began to get scheduling. this helped even more where I moved to an A coach that makes the final four pretty regularly and rarely wins the big one. 
This is actually a really interesting idea about having others evaluate a given coach. And I think it'd be lots easier to do it without rancor now that we no longer have to worry about a certain poster dropping a turd in the middle of it.
5/16/2014 4:01 PM
I'm pretty good at answering my emails in a timely fashion.
So that's an A- for technological competency.

I haven't murdered my assistant coach for being wrong way too many times in evals and gripes about practice time. So I think patience would be a B.

have no DUIs while driving on campus. Surely that's a C+ in Institutional Representation.

My players all graduate and go on to remarkable careers at Best Buy. So maybe a B- in player development?

5/16/2014 7:13 PM
Posted by tcplotts on 5/16/2014 7:13:00 PM (view original):
I'm pretty good at answering my emails in a timely fashion.
So that's an A- for technological competency.

I haven't murdered my assistant coach for being wrong way too many times in evals and gripes about practice time. So I think patience would be a B.

have no DUIs while driving on campus. Surely that's a C+ in Institutional Representation.

My players all graduate and go on to remarkable careers at Best Buy. So maybe a B- in player development?

You and Oldave are the current nominees for funniest self-evals.
5/16/2014 8:52 PM
My self evaluation.

http://youtu.be/Jm-upHSP9KU
5/16/2014 11:07 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7
Self Evals: Grade Yourself as an HD Coach Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.