Tannermcc & associates are LargeScale Cheaters Topic

"The unwritten rule of "you dont battle conference mates, it's bad for conference" needs to stop."

That rule is a lot less encompassing that it used to be.   I have been playing this game for ~ 5 calender years.   I have heard rumors of coaches doing all sorts of collusive stuff (like drafting players)  before I started.

When I did start, this philosophy was prevalent.   The GLV in Tark did it to some extent (and I am not trying to slander their good name) and CBG would often talk about it.   Billy never spoke in absolutes, it was more like "I try not to" or "Unless there is a special circumstance" type of stuff.    It's part ( a significant but not the only or even main)  of what made them so dominant.

As time has passed, it's become less prevalent.   I have always been a me first type of guy and have never "respected" my conference mates.  I have noticed the tenor of the conversation on the boards swing back to the other side.   Do some conferences do it?   Sure!  Do most?  I don't think so.   Certainly none of the ones I play in.

(I apologize in advance if I misrepresented the GLV or our local "demigod" by my statements.)

5/9/2014 10:28 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 5/9/2014 10:28:00 AM (view original):
"The unwritten rule of "you dont battle conference mates, it's bad for conference" needs to stop."

That rule is a lot less encompassing that it used to be.   I have been playing this game for ~ 5 calender years.   I have heard rumors of coaches doing all sorts of collusive stuff (like drafting players)  before I started.

When I did start, this philosophy was prevalent.   The GLV in Tark did it to some extent (and I am not trying to slander their good name) and CBG would often talk about it.   Billy never spoke in absolutes, it was more like "I try not to" or "Unless there is a special circumstance" type of stuff.    It's part ( a significant but not the only or even main)  of what made them so dominant.

As time has passed, it's become less prevalent.   I have always been a me first type of guy and have never "respected" my conference mates.  I have noticed the tenor of the conversation on the boards swing back to the other side.   Do some conferences do it?   Sure!  Do most?  I don't think so.   Certainly none of the ones I play in.

(I apologize in advance if I misrepresented the GLV or our local "demigod" by my statements.)

Exactly this. I'm glad my post brought attention to this.

In the big 12 in crum this past season i was CRUCIFIED in the CC for trying to poach a conference mate for a top 10 guard and told I should have gone for a mid tier guard that was going to the big 10 for the good of the conference.

My post was to take it to the extreme, but once i made it i realized it wasn't the best strategy so i deleted. 

5/9/2014 10:31 AM

TJ - There may be something to that for GLV with CBG, at least in the older days.

I'm there relatively recently and can only say that - if there was such a thing during the years he and I overlapped - I should be angry with him because they never let me in on it!  ;)

Truth be told, I find that I *have* to battle (or have at least convinced myself that I have to) other GLV teams because of the geography factor. GLV and Mid-America cover a lot of the same territory, so unless I'm willing to just cede the best recruits to other owners, there have to be some battles. Not GLV, but in Missouri with me, is aejones at SW Baptist. On a regular basis we end up battling over guys because we both want the top local (MO) talent. 

I will say that - all things being equal - I'm more likely to look West than East, because East (KY and IL) has a huge concentration of GLV teams that I know are swimming in money and willing to defend the borders, much like I "defend" MO.
5/9/2014 10:34 AM
Again, though, is the accusation made in this thread true?
5/9/2014 10:34 AM
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/9/2014 10:34:00 AM (view original):
I made the post yes.

Basically i outlined an the most extreme situation and saying "i was involved" that "i was sorry", after saying how in conference battling is good.

I realized it wasn't the best strategy after posting to bring light to conference battling.
5/9/2014 10:37 AM
Posted by tannermcc on 5/9/2014 10:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/9/2014 10:34:00 AM (view original):
I made the post yes.

Basically i outlined an the most extreme situation and saying "i was involved" that "i was sorry", after saying how in conference battling is good.

I realized it wasn't the best strategy after posting to bring light to conference battling.
Oh, right. Tense. I didn't notice the past tense of the OP. Possibly because it wasn't in the title. 
5/9/2014 10:47 AM
Wow. Makes me wonder about a few weird recruiting battles I've had over the years.
5/9/2014 10:50 AM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/9/2014 2:40:00 AM (view original):
Far as I can tell a bunch of you are cheaters. This guy, people having multiple teams in the same world, some people having them closer together than the legal cheating way allows...I doubt tanner is the only person doing some talking behind the scenes about recruiting. 

I guess part of the learning curve for the game you all talk about that I haven't grasped yet is how to cheat.
if anyone is aware of collusion, site mails urging collusion, teams too close or the like, they should inform support or post it on the forums.

Should not be tolerated
5/9/2014 11:16 AM
I note however, that I think it is right and permissible to take the view individually that one should compete differently with conference mates than with others.  I think this is true as a matter of pure self interest and not by agreement.

I will battle a conference mate in some situations, but I dont do battles that I dont think will be good for my team - and who I am battling is part of the analysis - in several ways.

Avoidable battles with conference mates are best avoided.

5/9/2014 11:18 AM
So tanner, was there or was there not some sort of intra-conference draft to decide which coaches would go for which recruits?
5/9/2014 11:18 AM
Posted by llamanunts on 5/9/2014 11:18:00 AM (view original):
So tanner, was there or was there not some sort of intra-conference draft to decide which coaches would go for which recruits?
Yes, in the 2000s.
5/9/2014 11:32 AM
Posted by tannermcc on 5/9/2014 10:33:00 AM (view original):

Exactly this. I'm glad my post brought attention to this.

In the big 12 in crum this past season i was CRUCIFIED in the CC for trying to poach a conference mate for a top 10 guard and told I should have gone for a mid tier guard that was going to the big 10 for the good of the conference.

My post was to take it to the extreme, but once i made it i realized it wasn't the best strategy so i deleted. 

Tell them to go pack sand. The idea that you should make your team worse by acquiring inferior players "for the good of the conference" is ridiculous.
5/9/2014 11:35 AM
Can you imagine if Scott Drew or Rick Barnes called Bill Self to say, "Hey, for the good of the conference, why don't you go after this 4* player in Big 10 territory, instead of the 5* from Texas?"
5/9/2014 11:40 AM
Fun fact, the user who organized it ended up releasing all his players in an HBD world and quitting WIS because it was too random when his team didn't win the world series.
5/9/2014 11:45 AM
Posted by tannermcc on 5/9/2014 11:45:00 AM (view original):
Fun fact, the user who organized it ended up releasing all his players in an HBD world and quitting WIS because it was too random when his team didn't win the world series.
There is nothing fun about that whatsoever.
5/9/2014 11:56 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...10 Next ▸
Tannermcc & associates are LargeScale Cheaters Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.