Tannermcc & associates are LargeScale Cheaters Topic

Posted by wildcat98 on 5/9/2014 10:34:00 AM (view original):
Again, though, is the accusation made in this thread true?
It looks as though it is painfully true.
5/9/2014 11:59 AM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/9/2014 11:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tannermcc on 5/9/2014 11:45:00 AM (view original):
Fun fact, the user who organized it ended up releasing all his players in an HBD world and quitting WIS because it was too random when his team didn't win the world series.
There is nothing fun about that whatsoever.
Is your sarcasm detector broken?
5/9/2014 12:05 PM
Collusion exists within WIS. It's hidden by the complete lack of conference recruiting in my opinion. It isn't odd for Duke and UNC to not battle for top players, not saying every example is collusion but its there.

I'm not part of any now and will never again but I don't doubt it exists. I had to leave HD for almost 2 years before i was able to come back.
5/9/2014 12:09 PM
Posted by taniajane on 5/9/2014 7:54:00 AM (view original):
Isnt this the same guy that posted the other day about inside info?:

http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=477275&page=1
Yes tania, and in hindsight, it looks like one of the most two-faced things I've seen in a while...might of had something to do with why he tried to come clean.
5/9/2014 12:34 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/9/2014 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by taniajane on 5/9/2014 7:54:00 AM (view original):
Isnt this the same guy that posted the other day about inside info?:

http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?topicID=477275&page=1
Yes tania, and in hindsight, it looks like one of the most two-faced things I've seen in a while...might of had something to do with why he tried to come clean.
Two-faced.

I don't think that means what you think it means.
5/9/2014 12:53 PM
So, one of the biggest self-admitted cheaters posting a self-righteous thread about their refusal to collude with others isn't two-faced???

Then please enlighten me on what that term really means.
5/9/2014 12:59 PM
Posted by tannermcc on 5/9/2014 12:09:00 PM (view original):
Collusion exists within WIS. It's hidden by the complete lack of conference recruiting in my opinion. It isn't odd for Duke and UNC to not battle for top players, not saying every example is collusion but its there.

I'm not part of any now and will never again but I don't doubt it exists. I had to leave HD for almost 2 years before i was able to come back.
Hrm...

I've wondered why it is in HD that there are so few battles for players where like 3-4-5 teams are in on a player. Real world, it happens all the time. I thought it was to do with the flawed nature of recruiting here. But maybe there are other reasons, like that this stuff is more widespread than we think. 
5/9/2014 2:14 PM
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/9/2014 11:40:00 AM (view original):
Can you imagine if Scott Drew or Rick Barnes called Bill Self to say, "Hey, for the good of the conference, why don't you go after this 4* player in Big 10 territory, instead of the 5* from Texas?"
That doesn't really happen, but I think it does happen where a bigtime coach sees a kid and tells a friend in the business (at a less successful program) about it. Sort of "we're not going after this guy unless something crazy happens, but he might be a good fit for you". 

YMMV how similar that is to what you said. Either way I don't think tolerating collusion is a good idea.
5/9/2014 2:20 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 5/9/2014 2:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/9/2014 2:40:00 AM (view original):
Far as I can tell a bunch of you are cheaters. This guy, people having multiple teams in the same world, some people having them closer together than the legal cheating way allows...I doubt tanner is the only person doing some talking behind the scenes about recruiting. 

I guess part of the learning curve for the game you all talk about that I haven't grasped yet is how to cheat.
Once again, something you think you've stumbled upon, but in reality are the last one to the party.
Interesting...you realize what you just said, right? 
5/9/2014 2:21 PM
Years ago, there was a problem with collusion in some conferences.  I think things are a lot better, but one cannot know for sure what happens in site mail or email.

Years ago, I got some sitemails that were essentially invitations to collude.  I said no.  Today, I would probably forward them to customer support or at least say to the sender that this is against the rules.  I suppose the right thing would be to report it.  been a long time since I had to consider what to do in that situation.
5/9/2014 2:49 PM
FWIW, I've never seen or heard it in any of the 5 worlds I play in.  I'm sure people do cheat, but I assume that everyone plays as they should until proven otherwise.  I do know for certain that collusion or cheating isn't a requirement to have success in the game today.
5/9/2014 2:59 PM
i read tanner's post last night and i think nacho is unjustifiably breaking out the pitch forks and torches. what tanner and his conference mates did several years ago was obviously a $h!tty thing. probably the worst type of cheating that i could conjure up, short of hacking the website for an advantage. but it was years ago. and his confession was literally 'hey guys, i know you're all saying nice things about me, so you should know, i did something really crappy...' now you want to crucify him? really? if it was currently ongoing i get it. but it seems that the statute of limitations has expired, especially in the context of him coming clean on his own accord.
5/9/2014 3:33 PM
Posted by sullytoo on 5/9/2014 3:33:00 PM (view original):
i read tanner's post last night and i think nacho is unjustifiably breaking out the pitch forks and torches. what tanner and his conference mates did several years ago was obviously a $h!tty thing. probably the worst type of cheating that i could conjure up, short of hacking the website for an advantage. but it was years ago. and his confession was literally 'hey guys, i know you're all saying nice things about me, so you should know, i did something really crappy...' now you want to crucify him? really? if it was currently ongoing i get it. but it seems that the statute of limitations has expired, especially in the context of him coming clean on his own accord.
Thanks sully, appreciate it.

This was in one world for a short period of time (8-10 seasons). I achieved no success from it. In fact the reason i quit was because I knew with this going on at D1 it was impossible to win unless you did it and you got "your turn".

I have no idea if this still goes on, but the "power" conferences get their power others ways.

Big reason why I'm at midmajors with every D1 team right now. I'd rather play for fun down there than "compete" with the big boys.

5/9/2014 3:40 PM
Funny I was just reading about Youngstown State wanting to hire Jim Tressel, speaking of statute of limitations being expired. Seems ridiculous there and seems ridiculous here to act like nothing ever happened.

I don't think nacho is unjustified at all. 
5/9/2014 3:41 PM
Posted by tannermcc on 5/9/2014 3:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sullytoo on 5/9/2014 3:33:00 PM (view original):
Thanks sully, appreciate it.

This was in one world for a short period of time (8-10 seasons). I achieved no success from it. In fact the reason i quit was because I knew with this going on at D1 it was impossible to win unless you did it and you got "your turn".

I have no idea if this still goes on, but the "power" conferences get their power others ways.

Big reason why I'm at midmajors with every D1 team right now. I'd rather play for fun down there than "compete" with the big boys.

Off-topic, but I just need you to know:

Several years back, I got my first Big D1 job at Virginia Tech in Knight. You were at Duke at the time. After my first recruiting cycle, I had two of the best guards on the market (both very close in Virginia). I was also going for a small forward that was equal distance from you and I, the best sf available. It started with four teams battling, and ended with you and I going for him. Right before the signing period, you had finally admitted you were quitting HD after that season, and that you were simply dumping incentives into all of your battles just because. I ended up dumping over 1/2 my money into that kid, I didn't get him, and lost out on potentially getting a sweet big man in my area. Duke was immediately banned from the post-season, I decided that I would drop down to D2 because D1 was full of a-holes, and I swore that I would pouch every recruit you ever went for after if you ever came back to HD.

Needless to say, I'm not seriously mad anymore. But figured it was funny to see your name in this thread, and let you know the agony you caused me way back when. You ruined my D1 ascendance and you had no idea until now.

tl;dr i hate you.

5/9/2014 4:37 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...10 Next ▸
Tannermcc & associates are LargeScale Cheaters Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.