The Forums Are Dead. Topic

I used to be pretty active on the Forums, both reading and posting, but they are so unpleasant now that I have grown to enjoy my HD experience less and less as the days go on. There is hardly anything about HD itself, just a bunch of bickering back and forth with the same few guys each and every time.

This has been going on for way too long, and I doubt that I'm the only one who no longer enjoys the game as much as I did before the Forums took their current form. Can we just let it die out now, or else people who love playing this game and being active and constructive in the Forums will end up leaving, making the HD worse for everyone involved.
5/10/2014 12:48 PM
seems like we'd have one less complainer if you left HD
5/10/2014 1:01 PM
Are you asking for an epic colonels19 thread?  We haven't seen that in a long epoch.
5/10/2014 1:50 PM
I don't know how it used to be since I'm relatively new, but I've only seen one genuine problem child on here and that's a problem for management to decide to deal with. If people would just step around the dude until he got bored from a lack of attention it would probably help immensely.
5/10/2014 2:13 PM
We get nothing useful around here anymore. It's a pile of horsecrap, in every single thread. I'm submitting a ticket to ask for a ban on the users most involved in this sort of behavior, in hopes maybe we can return to a helpful, nontoxic board.
5/10/2014 2:13 PM
Posted by gasparre on 5/10/2014 2:13:00 PM (view original):
We get nothing useful around here anymore. It's a pile of horsecrap, in every single thread. I'm submitting a ticket to ask for a ban on the users most involved in this sort of behavior, in hopes maybe we can return to a helpful, nontoxic board.
I think there have been SEVERAL useful threads lately. They just keep getting dumped on. I've just basically decided to ignore the one who's dumping.
5/10/2014 2:32 PM
the zone thread is really good, you guys should check that out. sorry for my part in all this, i think etta has been better (although still an issue) and mostly ive been trying to engage him on a reasonable level, without personal attacks and such. im sure one sneaks in here or there but legitimately i am trying to engage him in good faith, not to provoke him, although he seems to get upset more than i'd expect.

an alternative is to start a thread yourself about specific discussions you'd like to see, and let people know up front you will have a heavy hand when it comes to redlining any digressions or nonsense. the forums go through up and downs, its a shame but its always been that way. generally i think they are more upbeat (except with respect to the posts to and from one person) than when i started, but i definitely sympathize. 
5/10/2014 2:42 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/10/2014 2:42:00 PM (view original):
the zone thread is really good, you guys should check that out. sorry for my part in all this, i think etta has been better (although still an issue) and mostly ive been trying to engage him on a reasonable level, without personal attacks and such. im sure one sneaks in here or there but legitimately i am trying to engage him in good faith, not to provoke him, although he seems to get upset more than i'd expect.

an alternative is to start a thread yourself about specific discussions you'd like to see, and let people know up front you will have a heavy hand when it comes to redlining any digressions or nonsense. the forums go through up and downs, its a shame but its always been that way. generally i think they are more upbeat (except with respect to the posts to and from one person) than when i started, but i definitely sympathize. 
The redlining thing is what I decided to do on the Self Evals thread I started that people have seemed to find interesting. No patience for a blatantly trolling post, so I just "redlined" it, as you called it.
5/10/2014 2:46 PM
Posted by wildcat98 on 5/10/2014 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gasparre on 5/10/2014 2:13:00 PM (view original):
I think there have been SEVERAL useful threads lately. They just keep getting dumped on. I've just basically decided to ignore the one who's dumping.
Ignoring yourself then, are you?
5/10/2014 7:02 PM
Backboy, you can redline any posts by people you'd rather not have polluting threads you start by clicking "Report" at the top of the post you wish to not have as part of your thread.
5/10/2014 7:07 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
When I first got here, the forums were very active and generally useful. Some of the problems I see is that there is not as much of an influx of new users, so there are less questions to be asked. Also, because there are so few changes to the game over the last year or 2, there is nothing new to talk about.

Anyone notice as soon as some changes came, no matter how small, there has been some decent discussions since (minus the off topic bs).

I also agree, there are just too many people taking threads off topic and constant ******** at each other. In recent weeks, Etta, you have been a big part of that. Its not to say you are always off topic, or that you are the only one, but you tend to have nothing to say but negatives and you have derailed quite a few good threads. I have not reported you, nor will I, but if you truly dislike the game as much as you say, then don't play or even comment. If you have something constructive to add, then by all means do so.

5/10/2014 9:56 PM
I would suggest you look at the cause rather than effect. Ever since I came back people seem very eager to run me down or attack me or reference me in some unflattering way. I'm not going to just bend over and take it. But I shouldn't be blamed when people do that.

Having a divergent view is not the same as 'being off topic' or 'derailing a thread', in my opinion. 
5/10/2014 10:09 PM
Posted by ettaexpress on 5/10/2014 10:09:00 PM (view original):
I would suggest you look at the cause rather than effect. Ever since I came back people seem very eager to run me down or attack me or reference me in some unflattering way. I'm not going to just bend over and take it. But I shouldn't be blamed when people do that.

Having a divergent view is not the same as 'being off topic' or 'derailing a thread', in my opinion. 
Etta, you are not a victim.
5/10/2014 11:09 PM
Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true. It is obvious to anyone paying attention that I am a target.
5/10/2014 11:34 PM
12 Next ▸
The Forums Are Dead. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.