Taking over another Coaches' team vs. DIY Topic

If someone left a senior heavy team I might still take them since it will be a rebuild anyway, and having a year of success makes me feel better about rebuilding so that the other coaches in the league don't think I don't know what I'm doing.

Speaking of rebuilds: http://whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=4974
Would everyone else cut Hampton? He's got no potential left basically, I'll have money for 4 scholarships this year, and he would make 5, but I'm a pretty isolated school so I may be able to get some guys cheap to make up for having less $$.

5/11/2014 2:45 PM
I can't check the link but:

If you have to ask, you should probably cut him

And

Signing 5 on 4 scholarships isn't hard to do

And

Taking a walk on or two isn't a bad one either.
5/11/2014 9:41 PM
Their are some teams considered a "cherry-pick" that still needs rebuilding, I love these opportunities, I scoped a job that had 4 seniors, 2 of them were the only C's on the team and the other 2 were at PF and SG. So I had to re-build the front line ON TOP they had 6 Sophomores, so I had a log jam class and no front line but this team had just finished off a 24-3 season or something like that and they were poised to take the conference again. So they were competitive but in all honesty needed alot of work done to balance them out.
5/12/2014 6:09 PM
My DIY project...D1 Western Michigan. I'll be scrapping the Triangle in favor of the Motion and with 6 schollies I should be able to fill the spots I need after cutting a few players as well. Going to be a bumpy, fun ride.

http://whatif.cincinnati.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=13080

5/13/2014 11:47 AM
when i saw this forum, i immediately thought of this scene.
5/13/2014 3:10 PM
◂ Prev 12
Taking over another Coaches' team vs. DIY Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.