wow - 5/12 update Topic

nice steps - not core changes, but nifty - and nice to see WIS paying attention to HD

05/12/2014

• Added a tab to the player profile to show ratings history for the player. This will include a snapshot at the start and end of each season as well as current ratings.
  • Changed the Awards tab on the player profile to show by season instead of career totals.
  • Rebuilt the player profile for historical players (not on an active roster). It now includes a tab for ratings, stats (by season instead of just career), awards (by season instead of career totals), and ratings history. Note: season-by-season stats/awards and ratings history has only been saved recently, so older players will still show career totals for stats/awards and will not have any ratings data.
5/12/2014 3:08 PM
Just saw that as well.  I like the way the historical ratings and awards look.  Small change, but useful.
5/12/2014 3:16 PM
it would be cool if potentials at the end of seasons were saved as well as the ratings
5/12/2014 3:21 PM

Agreed..nothing massive here, but it will add a dimension to the history of the game after a few seasons when you can track back through the history of your own program and compare this year's players to former "greats" (or not-so-greats) and try to connect the dots. It's another way to gain some insight into the system, and I'm all for that.

5/12/2014 3:34 PM

Love it.

It's a small thing, but it's a VERY nice thing.

5/12/2014 3:34 PM
Awesome!
5/12/2014 4:00 PM
One minor request would be to add in 'honorable mention' for all-conference players too. those currently don't show up on the awards page.     
5/12/2014 4:12 PM
i like it...
5/12/2014 4:29 PM
I agree. Small but nice
5/12/2014 4:34 PM
FYI, maybe obvious to everyone else, but this works on past rosters as well, which I REALLY like.  I hated seeing summary stats and that was it.  Much, much, much better.
5/12/2014 4:58 PM
I have been waiting for this for a long time. Love It!
5/12/2014 7:58 PM
Glad to see they read the suggestion forum from 2007!
5/12/2014 8:17 PM
We are quick to hammer Seble on these boards, but let's give him some credit over the last month.  There are no major changes, but I like the game and don't want to see any major, game changing, changes anyway.  Sure there is more work to do, but at least we are getting some updates.  
5/12/2014 9:14 PM
Interesting note: Checked out a player who left after his junior year in the most recently completed Tark season, and the final ratings listed for him Include his off-season improvement -- the off-season after he declared.  Which, of course, I didn't get to see. Daniel German, at Colorado, became my first ever 1000 rated player, edging up a point in his very last practice. But when I look him up now, his final rating says 1007.
5/13/2014 1:37 AM
So why on my ratings does a player start this season at , for example 81 perimeter.  My ratings say he has gained 9 points in perimeter for the season.  But my current rating says he is at 85 per.  Where is the error?  Should he really be at 90 now?  Was his starting point lower than what they say?
5/13/2014 2:09 AM
12 Next ▸
wow - 5/12 update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.