What next to improve in HD? Topic

seble has been on a roll with a series of small useful - or maybe useful for some - and cosmetic improvements.  Some have made user action easier, some have been simply interesting (like historic info) or maybe even helpful for analysis.

if one puts aside game play, engine operation and other stuff that would clearly require work - many of which have been the subject of various threads - what other ideas can we suggest that fit within the recent mode of improvements.  I think positive suggestions on the same scale as recent changes is the best way we can say - thanks!  and lets keep up the momentum!

here is one suggestion

create in the recruiting summary page a "player notes" field so that one can put notes about each player you flag for recruiting (beyond the current priority designations).....

for example, I would use player notes to list for some players a key strength or weakness - say I am looking for two bigs, I am ready to sign one who isnt much of an offensive player, but one of the two needs to have some useful LP.  As I do my scouting and set targets, I would love a field where I could make a note "weak LP" for some guys to help guide my recruiting action

other useful, non grand ideas?

and thanks seble

5/15/2014 12:26 PM
It's funny, I was just thinking notes earlier this morning when building my list for recruiting.

Not sure how minor, but a career high tab on a player and team page would be nice.

Again, unsure how minor, but on the coach page showing career records vs teams or coaches.

5/15/2014 12:46 PM
5 spots on the depth chart (but i asked him about that a while ago, he said he'd look into it)
5/15/2014 1:00 PM
The simple suggestions I have are:
  • install a "recent" or "saved" search menu like there is in sim-baseball and
  • a check-the-box function to send a coach call to every recruit on your Recruiting Summary list in the first (short) recruiting cycle.  
5/15/2014 1:18 PM
Posted by rogelio on 5/15/2014 1:18:00 PM (view original):
The simple suggestions I have are:
  • install a "recent" or "saved" search menu like there is in sim-baseball and
  • a check-the-box function to send a coach call to every recruit on your Recruiting Summary list in the first (short) recruiting cycle.  
if they did #2, i might consider coaching at lower divisions again (probably not, but that was sooooooooooooooooooooo annoying)
5/15/2014 1:32 PM
How about adding a drop list for CVs like the one for HVs.
5/15/2014 1:34 PM
points per possession for offense and defense
5/15/2014 1:40 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 5/15/2014 1:34:00 PM (view original):
How about adding a drop list for CVs like the one for HVs.
What if they did one CV per cycle?   That would make proximity more important right?

I also think they should limit recruiting to 10 HV's per cycle.  That would make battles more exciting and longer.

5/15/2014 1:41 PM
I would like an area in the recruiting of a player to make a personal notes on the player
5/15/2014 1:47 PM
does anyone know if changing scouting visits would be difficult? I would love to be able to pick what skills my AC is evaluating... or at least picking a 'forward' combination (ath, reb, lp, def) or guard combo (ath, spd, bh, per, pass).... my guess - this is harder to implement than I think.

Cosmetically, and since I have lost so many national title games, I would love to see something on the resume about # final fours, # runner ups, # sweet 16s, # PI championships, etc.... let's give the not so great coaches something to feel good about!
5/15/2014 3:15 PM
I like the idea of scouting different packages of skills.  If that is too hard ... one easy fix that would increase SV's usefulness is to have every SV return comments on four skills.  The visits where the fourth 'skill' comment is something like "mediocre student in the classroom and on the court" can be a little frustrating -- if attributes must be scouted at random, at least give us four shots per visit to ID the skills that we want instead of throwing in some evals with only three skills.

Also, separate low and high messages within the medium (black) potential category would make SVs more useful.  Don't know if that is an easy change to implement though.
5/15/2014 3:41 PM
I am definitely on board with the scouting visits. Just got done recruiting for one of my d2 schools and was trying to scout an international. Which we all know isnt cheap(Especially at d2). Ended up doing 4 scouting trips and didnt get the ath or reb information I was looking for. The guy had a 99 work ethic so I signed him anyway(Ath was low and rebounding high). So yes would definitely be nice if you could scout certain attributes. 
5/15/2014 4:34 PM
I'm ready to bet that changing the way evals work is more than a cosmetic or user interface change - I'm good with these ideas, but I bet they arent the low hanging fruit
5/15/2014 5:15 PM
Here's a real minor one. I would like it if the OT play by play opened in a separate window like each half does. Then, when reading the 2nd half pbp, I wouldn't know that a game is headed for OT. Small cosmetic change I can easily live without but would be nice. I also like the recruiting notes idea.
5/15/2014 5:53 PM
make it so recruits' rank shows in ratings view so my D2 teams know who not to bother watchlisting when looking for pull/drop downs.
5/15/2014 10:00 PM
123456 Next ▸
What next to improve in HD? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.