What next to improve in HD? Topic

Let us save Depth Charts. Sometimes I like to change things up to play the younger guys against a SIM, but it's a pain to change every slot. Would be really nice if I could just toggle between two depth charts I have saved.
5/15/2014 10:13 PM
  • I think it'd be cool that if you signed a recruit, you could see how much recruiting effort other schools put into him (after the recruiting period ends).
  • I'd like to see a selection for "considering multiple schools" under the "decision status" in the recruit search.
  • Puerto Rico shouldn't be penalized since it's not a US state, it's a US territory!  It should be FSS scout-able.
  • The ability to queue up recruiting actions before the first cycle.
  • Why not make a separate color for low-high and high-high?  I think high-high should be green.
  • Make free throw shooting a number like all the other categories instead of a letter grade.
  • A notes section for a list of people who have wronged you.
5/16/2014 3:58 AM (edited)
no effing way should anyone get to see exactly what effort I put into a recruit unless I choose to share it...no offense

as for your last, there is a notes section on the main office page. use that.
5/16/2014 7:24 AM
They used to show high potential with green, but if you are color blind it's not a good option. Hence, it's now blue. They could switch it to some other color though.... but personally, I like the fact that we don't know what is high-high without scouting reports.
5/16/2014 9:00 AM
and +1 on dac's comment - I don't want folks knowing how much effort I put into a recruit. big strategy element there to consider.
5/16/2014 9:01 AM
Posted by brianxavier on 5/16/2014 9:01:00 AM (view original):
and +1 on dac's comment - I don't want folks knowing how much effort I put into a recruit. big strategy element there to consider.
agree - please do not disclose our respective tactics
5/16/2014 10:00 AM
move the start of the first cycle back about 24 hours... may not be trivial, but its hugely beneficial. i think the sim recruiting is the trickiest part, jobs are still open when recruiting starts. if sims can be backed up even a couple hours, that would be helpful, and the rest of the time just put a "sims haven't recruited yet" disclaimer.
5/16/2014 11:35 AM
1- I like xavier's idea about Final Four's on a coaching resume. It'd make me look way better. I'm great at being the runner up. 

2- Let us recruit for the first cycle at any point that day so we don't have to cancel everything in our lives for the first, and ever so important, cycle of recruiting that lasts two hours. 
5/16/2014 11:37 AM
I agree with toysboys in regard to:

1- Puerto Rico scouting. Make it more expensive if you like (realism), but make it scoutable! 
2- FT shooting should be a number. Makes no sense why everything else would be except FT shooting. 
5/16/2014 11:40 AM
I don't remember if it was Tarek or Seble, but there was a fear about people complaining about FT as a number because they expected too many people would equate that to the percentage they should shoot; and didn't want tickets like "My 65 FT shooter only shot 59% for the season, what is up with that?"

Why would Puerto Rico be more expensive?  it is 'easier' to get there than to Hawaii or Alaska, but they are both priced in-line with the other 48.

Absolutely allow entering of recruiting actions early.
5/16/2014 11:53 AM
FT is displayed as a letter grade for a reason.  A 1 to 100 score for FT would essentially be showing you a specific expected FT%.  None of the other ratings work that way.

Imagine all the dumb tickets submitted by coaches - "My guy is rated 77 in FT and only shot 72% for the season!  I LOST GAMES BECAUSE OF THIS!"

Edit: Yup, beat me by a minute.
5/16/2014 11:54 AM
Posted by shaf5576 on 5/15/2014 5:53:00 PM (view original):
Here's a real minor one. I would like it if the OT play by play opened in a separate window like each half does. Then, when reading the 2nd half pbp, I wouldn't know that a game is headed for OT. Small cosmetic change I can easily live without but would be nice. I also like the recruiting notes idea.
Also very minor but I'd like to see the width of the score column increase so I wouldn't be able to tell if the score went into the 100s. Stupid but just a quirk of mine.
5/16/2014 12:57 PM
I second the request for being able to load first-cycle recruiting actions before the official 6:00 PM kickoff.  A minor change I'd like to see along the same lines: you should be able to get your recruiting money for the following season immediately when the current season ends, with the condition that it means you can't change jobs that off-season.  I'm always pressed for time to FSS and pick out my targets ahead of recruiting because we only get a day and a half to do it.  I'd love to have five days instead, while other coaches are potentially changing jobs.

To protect coaches from themselves, there could always be a button you have to click on to get the money, followed by an "Are you SURE you want to do this? - you can't apply for any jobs if you do!" warning and a verification.  Two minutes of programming to make it WAY easier for coaches to do their homework before recruiting starts.

5/16/2014 3:03 PM
Posted by davis on 5/16/2014 3:03:00 PM (view original):
I second the request for being able to load first-cycle recruiting actions before the official 6:00 PM kickoff.  A minor change I'd like to see along the same lines: you should be able to get your recruiting money for the following season immediately when the current season ends, with the condition that it means you can't change jobs that off-season.  I'm always pressed for time to FSS and pick out my targets ahead of recruiting because we only get a day and a half to do it.  I'd love to have five days instead, while other coaches are potentially changing jobs.

To protect coaches from themselves, there could always be a button you have to click on to get the money, followed by an "Are you SURE you want to do this? - you can't apply for any jobs if you do!" warning and a verification.  Two minutes of programming to make it WAY easier for coaches to do their homework before recruiting starts.

i'd love to see that as well. to avoid people who send tickets complaining, "well, i thought i wanted to stay, but then ________ opened up!!", i could see them allowing you to see players only after people who don't renew get removed, or maybe 1 day into jobs, or something. but even 1 day into jobs, that gives you two whole extra days for scouting and planning, that would be pretty awesome!

you should also be able to rescind scholarships after signings, IMO. whats the down side... who gives a crap if those players get their feelings hurt and can't find a new place to play? or even make it 1 day after signings, the cutoff, if open ended is too long. its stupid people can't see who signs at 8, and then cut at 8:01. its very easy to forget or not be aware you can't cut after signings, too... i think many of us (myself included) learned that one the hard way.

5/16/2014 3:53 PM (edited)
also, easy change, would like to see 5 priorities on the recruiting page instead of 3. maybe even 1-10. i hate having so few options...
5/16/2014 6:11 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
What next to improve in HD? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.