What next to improve in HD? Topic

Posted by gillispie1 on 5/16/2014 6:11:00 PM (view original):
also, easy change, would like to see 5 priorities on the recruiting page instead of 3. maybe even 1-10. i hate having so few options...
I agree...kinda goes with personal notes than could make my own 5-6 with high/high, etc
5/16/2014 6:32 PM
I would like to be able to develop a pipeline.  If you have a kid on your roster from out of state maybe you could reduce recruiting costs in that state by 10%.  If you have two kids from a state maybe 15%, etc... I am from Wisconsin and always like to take a look at kids from there.  If I have one on my Vanderbilt team it would be nice to go back to that state and find another one.
5/17/2014 9:59 AM
pipeline is a great idea, but likely would be more than cosmetic or user interface work.  Goes to how recruiting works.  I have long said that pipelines based on the specifici school, town, area of a state would be great addition

probably cant do it purely at state level - compare pipeline to california to a pipeline from montana say....
5/17/2014 10:59 AM
i think pipelines would be cool, but i think it would result in even more entrenchment than the status quo, with fewer battles. which makes me a bit of a skeptic... i think it would have to be very carefully designed, pipelines in my opinion should favor smaller schools, but i think achieving that in the WIS landscape, is very difficult. to me, the nature of big schools is to recruit all over (in a grossly simplified view, i know they totally have areas too), while smaller schools can better tolerate taking the best from a certain area, even when its not as strong as usual. but in HD, with so many power schools having such small areas they recruit in, i'm not sure it would work like we would hope. if d1 recruiting was less localized, i would probably think this was really cool, but with such localized recruiting, im afraid of the consequences.
5/17/2014 2:01 PM
get rid of so many of the low work ethic recruits.  It's just a waste of player pool
5/17/2014 2:44 PM
Posted by mattster24 on 5/17/2014 2:44:00 PM (view original):
get rid of so many of the low work ethic recruits.  It's just a waste of player pool
I actually agree with this.  I would like to see freshmen recruits generated with WE ranging from about 10-95 (no change to walkons).  I'd also like to see no recruits generated with stamina potential of less than 3 (so none in the low-low response).   Those two simple recruit generation changes would really make a huge difference.
5/17/2014 3:26 PM
I really like the low WE guys. They aren't a waste in the player pool, people just choose not to use them.
5/17/2014 6:39 PM
Its a fairly major change but i think in season recruiting would be a GREAT addition to the game. And some how weight wins/losses into your recruiting efforts in such a way that recruiting would be a real time dynamic part of the season. You could shrink or expand this concept to fit the the game but i think it would really improve the fun factor of the regular seasons!

5/18/2014 5:11 PM
lots of big changes could be made - I remain convinced that the game would benefit from first giving attention to another 10 small changes that would make it better
5/18/2014 5:55 PM
Something that I think would be fairly simple…. advanced game planning.  

Going on vacation?  Adjust your settings for each matchup before you leave.  
5/19/2014 9:37 AM
Or at least saved game plan templates on the Team Game Plan, Depth Chart, and Player Game Plan pages.  Just a drop-down at the top of the page.  Particularly useful against conference opponents - I'd name several templates after conference mates, etc.
5/19/2014 10:14 AM
One small thing I would like to see - for major awards like coach of the year and player of the year, it would be great to see who finished second and third in the 'voting' (or a list of finalists/honorable mentions).  I assume there must be some ranking algorithm employed to determine who wins these awards, and if so it seems easy to output the next X number of finalists in addition to the winner.
5/19/2014 10:38 AM
I guess I understand your reasoning with the FTs, but doesn't it seem odd to you that the only "graded" score is the only one we refer to in real life by the actual numbers?
5/19/2014 3:17 PM
I will say again: 

At least allow recruit coaching calls during the season. 
I want to know offense and defense of a recruit before recruiting begins and I find out the similar player I chose to recruit doesn't run my o/d and the one I left behind does...

This is MINOR and would be EASY to implement but would streamline recruiting quite a bit. 
5/20/2014 12:46 PM
im sad nobody likes my idea to allow multiple offenses or defenses on a team, with less of a practice penalty :( in real life you can't be an A in man and an F in zone, which seems to matter to some people. many have argued for overall offense and defense IQ categories, but that is more complicated and has its own issues. i still think it would be great to allow people to get 2x minutes for non-primary categories, to open the door to multiple defense clubs, or even, multiple offense clubs. 
5/20/2014 11:45 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
What next to improve in HD? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.