Posted by bjschumacher on 5/25/2014 12:08:00 AM (view original):
I absolutely hate the new game planning format. The 3.0 version was much cleaner. You could set your whole offensive game plan in one quick swoop. Now you have to scroll through 7 or 8 options, and the sliders vs no sliders thing is just stupid.
+ 100000.  This is really jacked up and WAY more complicated than it needs to be.  
5/25/2014 10:08 AM
Posted by harriswb3 on 5/25/2014 10:08:00 AM (view original):
I absolutely hate the new game planning format. The 3.0 version was much cleaner. You could set your whole offensive game plan in one quick swoop. Now you have to scroll through 7 or 8 options, and the sliders vs no sliders thing is just stupid.
+ 100000.  This is really jacked up and WAY more complicated than it needs to be.  
This definitely needs to go back to a VERTICAL layout, vs a horizontally focused layout.  I'm assuming you are trying to save space or something, but its really jacked up.
5/25/2014 10:10 AM
+1000000

I have to agree.  Just doing my first GP work in Hayes.  All I can say is Wow !  On the plus side thanks for adding back in the copy and paste functions.  If the idea was to get players to cut back on teams, I think the sliders and options will accomplish that.  It easily doubled (maybe tripled) my GP time.  I know we will all get more efficient as we get used to the new look.  But it is still counter intuitive.  Not sure if this was a "look and feel" issue and that caused the changes ?  But  a slick looking interface makes no sense if the practical usage is inefficient. 
5/26/2014 3:55 PM
"Player settings should be on the same page with depth chart. No value in it being on the roster page."
This is a good point. I'll see how hard this would be.

Hoping you can prioritize this one Oriole.  Right now we either have to write things down or move back and forth between pages if we want to actively monitor and control playing time.  You can do a "work around" but this is another efficiency issue for me 
5/26/2014 4:00 PM
Agree with Coug on ^^^.
5/26/2014 5:00 PM
"On the chat page please move the text box to the side. When a conference is active and you have to scroll the whole way to the bottom not only is it a pain but you also can no longer see the last things said in the chat."
We are currently putting in paging system that will have a smaller number of messages. this should fix that problem.

How do you fix the problem of the position of the "Your Message" box by limiting the number of messages displayed? It's nice to finally be able to see a whole conversation, and now you want to take that away? Please, just move the text box to the TOP of the page, and it won't be a problem anymore.

5/27/2014 12:23 AM
Posted by oriole_fan on 5/22/2014 10:59:00 AM (view original):
"The current design is very.. 2002-ish.. You've moved past putting everything into tables with spacer gifs, but your interface stopped evolving at some point. It forced me to create a couple of little script extensions that turn off some styles and your site is.. better... but still very, very unfriendly.
 Try looking at a boxscore and changing the zoom factor.. Gah! Scroll bars if you magnify or empty space if you shrink! Do you think that adds to the experience in some way? How about changing the window size of a box score.. Same result.. bummer..
Oh, the javascript popup windows.. HATE THEM! Most people have had tabbed browsing for almost a decade, and even IE has had tabs for the last three versions... What is all the javascript really contributing to the site? It's just page bloat with no utility.. You should remove all that stuff..."
SO RIGHT! I've been working on the major hitters right now, trying to take the coaching pages to a new level without causing too much consternation over the new changes. This has limited my ability to change the current functionality. The popups don't add anything, and I'll be addressing them one by one as I can.  

"Blocked kicks and safeties need to be fixed on the stats page.  While you are fixing this maybe we could add "pancakes"  for O"L since my scouts say they are serving up syrup.  It would be nice to something in there stats tab.
Some way of understanding which of my offensive linemen are playing well (or not) would be a great addition."
I agree, this would be a good stat to have. Unfortunately the engine doesn't work in a way that let's you single out a player. That's not to say this couldn't be done based on a distribution weighted by attributes, but it would be artificial.  

"It would be nice to be able to save recruit search settings for each individual position. I.e. setting minimum trait rankings. I like to experiment with different settings, but I don't like to have to recreate them every time."
Great idea. I really haven't changed much with recruiting, but when I get a chance I'll add this to that list. 

"What I'm talking about is similar to the game results page, in that you don't see the score prior to seeing the play by play, but I want that for every game. For example, tomorrow the championships will be played in Wilkinson. I'd love to be able to read the play by play for the championship game, without knowing the score of the game prior."
I know RIGHT! I think this is exciting and fun. How great would it be to have a player that you could watch the game like an gamecast and have it cycle through the plays. This has been on my list, and as I close up some of the UI bugs that made their way out there, this is one of my personal favorites of things to look into. 

"Anybody else get an error message when you try to change the maximum field goal distance?"
This has been brought to my attention. I'll be addressing it today. For the time being, even though there is an error, the page does still save the value. 

"Blocked kicks and safeties need to be fixed on the stats page.  While you are fixing this maybe we could add "pancakes"  for OL since my scouts say they are serving up syrup.  It would be nice to something in there stats tab. Some way of understanding which of my offensive linemen are playing well (or not) would be a great addition."
I agree, this would be a good stat to have. Unfortunately the engine doesn't work in a way that let's you single out a player. That's not to say this couldn't be done based on a distribution weighted by attributes, but it would be artificial. ?

One way to look at this that may be easier to capture given the current engine is by counting "group wins" for a collection of OLs. Though I suppose that you could go just a little further and capture +/-. What we are really looking for is some way to know that PlayerX is a key factor for success or failure.
5/27/2014 11:08 AM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but I could use more "buckets" to sort recruits into on my recruiting summary page. It would also be nice if I could add custom labels instead of high, medium, low and not set. Thanks
6/2/2014 4:15 PM
How many more do you need? High, medium, low, poach these from Gino, not set, Gino's crappy recruits, OMG I can't believe Gino is recruiting this guy.
6/2/2014 11:46 PM
Posted by ginobili04 on 6/2/2014 11:47:00 PM (view original):
How many more do you need? High, medium, low, poach these from Gino, not set, Gino's crappy recruits, OMG I can't believe Gino is recruiting this guy.
That would probably be enough.
6/3/2014 12:21 AM
◂ Prev 12345

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.