Oriole, first off let me say I think it's a great Idea to have this page for input from the users.  By my votes above, I think you can tell that I believe there are many great ideas on here already.  People always resist change and when change doesn't work as advertised or creates a major inconvenience people get upset.  It might be nice to know what these changes were made before you release the update.  Whether you were impacted in D3 or not, it's pretty simple to understand why the Major change was done.  But, as you can see from the inputs above, there were several changes that were head scratchers to the user community.  

I have another issue for you to look at.  I'm just completing my first V3.1 recruiting cycle.  My main question is why were the promised starts removed ?  In D1 I think this effectively will increase the gap between the elites and the non elites.  And I have three elites.  I also think removing promised starts has given the sims more advantage.  Case in point, both of the teams I coach in Hayes (neither is an elite and one is the three time champ at 1AA) needed a kicker.  Without the promised start, both teams had to spend a huge amount of cash to pry a kicker away from a sim.   Which brings me to the second point.  It seems to me that I had to spend more $$$ to dislodge a sim from any player.  I haven't run any data numbers to confirm this other then to see my bankroll disappear at an alarming rate this time out.  I'm hoping that it's my imagination and not another issue from the update.

5/18/2014 2:25 PM
  I agree Cougdawg. Removing promised starts was another example of taking choices away from us.
5/18/2014 2:44 PM
An example of one bad idea leading to another.  The first bad idea was to remove the ability to specify our starters......and creating some ridiculous algorithm for playing time to determine starters.

The second, was the follow on to then eliminate promised starts from the recruiting process.  
5/18/2014 5:12 PM
It also makes long distance recruiting at D3 much, much more difficult.  You could often sign a long distance player with a single AC scout and a promised Soph Start. $800 ($900 with scholly) for a 2000+ mile away recruit, not a bad deal.
5/18/2014 6:09 PM
I sent in a ticket.  That is what I did with the Game Plan issues and Oriole responded.  Let's see what he says.
5/18/2014 6:23 PM
I would *really* like to see the exhibition game results appear on the main page instead of the "invite your friends" link     
5/18/2014 11:48 PM
4. Practice Plan - Get everyone at WIS smaller monitors

*shakes head*

Either this is just trolling *or* you feel that people are asking you to be responsible for things that are out of your control.. Either way, the *real* issue with the display of information for this game is that the css styles attempt to make everything look the same regardless of the form factor of the user device. The current design is very.. 2002-ish.. You've moved past putting everything into tables with spacer gifs, but your interface stopped evolving at some point. It forced me to create a couple of little script extensions that turn off some styles and your site is.. better... but still very, very unfriendly.

Try looking at a boxscore and changing the zoom factor.. Gah! Scroll bars if you magnify or empty space if you shrink! Do you think that adds to the experience in some way? How about changing the window size of a box score.. Same result.. bummer..

Oh, the javascript popup windows.. HATE THEM! Most people have had tabbed browsing for almost a decade, and even IE has had tabs for the last three versions... What is all the javascript really contributing to the site? It's just page bloat with no utility.. You should remove all that stuff...

Remember, these are just symptoms of the site's class of UI problems.. None of this will make game play better..

5/19/2014 12:13 AM
Blocked kicks and safeties need to be fixed on the stats page.  While you are fixing this maybe we could add "pancakes"  for OL since my scouts say they are serving up syrup.  It would be nice to something in there stats tab.
5/19/2014 7:20 AM
Some way of understanding which of my offensive linemen are playing well (or not) would be a great addition.
5/19/2014 11:04 AM
Posted by holmes44 on 5/18/2014 2:02:00 PM (view original):
ORIOLE-FAN - Formations ARE NOT FIXED! My formations are still using DL User 2 depth chart for my 4-3 and is using DE and DT Depth Charts for my 4-4 and Nickel. I CAN'T ACCESS EITHER OF THOSE DEPTH CHART'S ANY MORE! Please fix this. I submitted a ticket 3 days ago and still no response!
It's a real pain, but the way to fix this would be to delete the formation, then set it up again with your current depth charts.  The only thing this won't wok on is the default, it can be copied but not deleted. 
5/19/2014 11:36 AM
Unfortunately the formation is the default. I'm unable to delete it. I may have to change to a 4-4 or 3-4 to get my best DL in the game. Actually I'd have to go to a 3-4 or 5-2 because the 4-4 is also messed up.
5/19/2014 5:39 PM
It would be nice to be able to save recruit search settings for each individual position. I.e. setting minimum trait rankings. I like to experiment with different settings, but I don't like to have to recreate them every time.
5/19/2014 7:39 PM
Posted by helgi on 5/19/2014 11:04:00 AM (view original):
Some way of understanding which of my offensive linemen are playing well (or not) would be a great addition.
I believe OL still play as a unit, so there's no way to tell how well an individual is doing.
5/20/2014 8:29 AM
Posted by mgm0461 on 5/20/2014 8:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by helgi on 5/19/2014 11:04:00 AM (view original):
I believe OL still play as a unit, so there's no way to tell how well an individual is doing.
as a unit yes but I believe its broken down now.  Inside (3 guards or OL 3,4,5,)  and Outside(2 tackles or OL 1 and 2)
5/20/2014 10:41 AM
It would be nice to be able to see other games' PBP, without first seeing the results. There should be a "show results" button that displays. If you click it, you can see all of the scores. If you leave it unclicked, you'll only see an option to click on the PBP results. 
5/20/2014 2:27 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.