Posted by cjsweat on 5/20/2014 2:27:00 PM (view original):
It would be nice to be able to see other games' PBP, without first seeing the results. There should be a "show results" button that displays. If you click it, you can see all of the scores. If you leave it unclicked, you'll only see an option to click on the PBP results. 
Go to your schedule. Click on the date of the game you want to see and it will show you all the games played that day. Click on the game and it will give you the PBP.
5/20/2014 3:00 PM
Better still - and it took my 15 real months to find this out - go to 'my locker' - 'my teams' - game results. There you can read the play by play, quarter by quarter or box score
5/20/2014 5:38 PM
I know how to do both of those things but that doesn't solve what I'm referring to. I'm pretty sure everyone knows how to access the play by play of a game. I didn't know there was a game results page until I was a few seasons in either. 

What I'm talking about is similar to the game results page, in that you don't see the score prior to seeing the play by play, but I want that for every game. For example, tomorrow the championships will be played in Wilkinson. I'd love to be able to read the play by play for the championship game, without knowing the score of the game prior. 
5/20/2014 7:47 PM
Anybody else get an error message when you try to change the maximum field goal distance? 
5/21/2014 9:34 AM
Posted by amorak on 5/21/2014 9:34:00 AM (view original):
Anybody else get an error message when you try to change the maximum field goal distance? 
Yes - in my case the error shut down Internet Explorer, but upon restart the distance had been changed.
5/21/2014 9:57 AM
Posted by cjsweat on 5/20/2014 7:47:00 PM (view original):
I know how to do both of those things but that doesn't solve what I'm referring to. I'm pretty sure everyone knows how to access the play by play of a game. I didn't know there was a game results page until I was a few seasons in either. 

What I'm talking about is similar to the game results page, in that you don't see the score prior to seeing the play by play, but I want that for every game. For example, tomorrow the championships will be played in Wilkinson. I'd love to be able to read the play by play for the championship game, without knowing the score of the game prior. 
Just before the second half will be played open the pbp. Once you feel they've been played refresh that page and you can then read the second half pbp without seeing the final score first.
5/21/2014 10:06 AM
"Put this on the backburner, as it's not needed. But at some point, could we have a scoreboard section specifically for the top25?"
This is a great idea. I'm not sure I have time to create a new page right now, but it will go on my list of updates. 

"At some point Id love to see role ratings implemented throughout the game in place of total points. It would add so much value to scouting a teams roster."
This seems to be a pretty pervasive feeling among the community, myself included. Some places are a little more difficult, but I can start by picking off one at a time. For starters, I'm looking into adding them to the roster page right now. 

"Let's have  "NONE" or check boxes to show active formations, as in v3. Do not force me into using 3 formations in a given situations. There was no need for this change."
I pushed an update last night that now gives you active formations. 

"I like the idea of being able to talk to other conferences in chat but would like to see the conference teams at the same time as the chat.  Just like I would be going to the conference itself and begin chatting. Not going to one area to do the chat and then go to the conference itself to see the conference. 
Can you set it up just to go to the conference to do the chat?"
I'll look into this one. 

"On the chat page please move the text box to the side. When a conference is active and you have to scroll the whole way to the bottom not only is it a pain but you also can no longer see the last things said in the chat."
We are currently putting in paging system that will have a smaller number of messages. this should fix that problem. 

"I'd like to be able to change all of the  USER headings on the depth charts.  For example:  Instead of "OL User 1", I'd like to be able to call it "Inside Running" or whatever I want to call it.  That would help me to remember what it is and maybe why I set it up the way I did.  LOL"
I've been wondering a bit about this, and why we don't allow for that change. It's a relatively big change because of the number of places it is used. I'm not going to get to this right away, but i'll add it to my list. 

"Everything is working fine except that my defensive 4-3 default formation still shows Depth Chart User 2 on the DL which I have no access too. I will still be starting all my second string D Linemen and can't do anything to change it!
ORIOLE-FAN - Formations ARE NOT FIXED! My formations are still using DL User 2 depth chart for my 4-3 and is using DE and DT Depth Charts for my 4-4 and Nickel. I CAN'T ACCESS EITHER OF THOSE DEPTH CHART'S ANY MORE! Please fix this. I submitted a ticket 3 days ago and still no response!"
SO SORRY! Some bugs are making it through QA that shouldn't. I apologize. I pushed an update last night that should fix this bug. 
5/22/2014 10:58 AM

"The pre-game point spreads should be eliminated. No reason for them, and they are not accurate, anyway."
Thanks for the input. I think the calculations can be looked at, but I actually think having the point spreads are kind of fun. 

"Did you guys look into SIMs as to why there were so many upsets of far superior teams or just play way above themselves."
I did. The engine simulations had no knowledge of teams and how they were being coached. The fact that there were upsets had no relation to them being sim teams. That said, I have created a model in the engine that now will slightly reduce the attributes of the sim teams. It's not very significant, but it will give the slight advantage to the human coached teams every time. 

"When modifying PLAYBOOKS, in each down/distance group you can have up to three formations with checkboxes to either have them active or inactive.
When making them INACTIVE, the run/pass distribution automatically changes to 0/100, then when you check the box again to make it ACTIVE, it defaults to 50/50.
Please fix it like it was in 2.0, so that we can check/uncheck and the % distribution remains the same and I don't have to remember what it was or go through the PITA of changing it over and over."
This was just added in the most recent update. We didn't add the 0% for the run/pass because I thought that was a bit confusing. Instead, we now cross through the lines that are inactive, but leave the numbers how they were. 

"Player settings should be on the same page with depth chart. No value in it being on the roster page."
This is a good point. I'll see how hard this would be. 

"Put the results from your last game on your main office page???""
"I would *really* like to see the exhibition game results appear on the main page instead of the "invite your friends" link"
They should be there, if they are not, this is a bug. I'll look into this immediately. 
5/22/2014 10:59 AM
"The current design is very.. 2002-ish.. You've moved past putting everything into tables with spacer gifs, but your interface stopped evolving at some point. It forced me to create a couple of little script extensions that turn off some styles and your site is.. better... but still very, very unfriendly.
 Try looking at a boxscore and changing the zoom factor.. Gah! Scroll bars if you magnify or empty space if you shrink! Do you think that adds to the experience in some way? How about changing the window size of a box score.. Same result.. bummer..
Oh, the javascript popup windows.. HATE THEM! Most people have had tabbed browsing for almost a decade, and even IE has had tabs for the last three versions... What is all the javascript really contributing to the site? It's just page bloat with no utility.. You should remove all that stuff..."
SO RIGHT! I've been working on the major hitters right now, trying to take the coaching pages to a new level without causing too much consternation over the new changes. This has limited my ability to change the current functionality. The popups don't add anything, and I'll be addressing them one by one as I can.  

"Blocked kicks and safeties need to be fixed on the stats page.  While you are fixing this maybe we could add "pancakes"  for O"L since my scouts say they are serving up syrup.  It would be nice to something in there stats tab.
Some way of understanding which of my offensive linemen are playing well (or not) would be a great addition."
I agree, this would be a good stat to have. Unfortunately the engine doesn't work in a way that let's you single out a player. That's not to say this couldn't be done based on a distribution weighted by attributes, but it would be artificial.  

"It would be nice to be able to save recruit search settings for each individual position. I.e. setting minimum trait rankings. I like to experiment with different settings, but I don't like to have to recreate them every time."
Great idea. I really haven't changed much with recruiting, but when I get a chance I'll add this to that list. 

"What I'm talking about is similar to the game results page, in that you don't see the score prior to seeing the play by play, but I want that for every game. For example, tomorrow the championships will be played in Wilkinson. I'd love to be able to read the play by play for the championship game, without knowing the score of the game prior."
I know RIGHT! I think this is exciting and fun. How great would it be to have a player that you could watch the game like an gamecast and have it cycle through the plays. This has been on my list, and as I close up some of the UI bugs that made their way out there, this is one of my personal favorites of things to look into. 

"Anybody else get an error message when you try to change the maximum field goal distance?"
This has been brought to my attention. I'll be addressing it today. For the time being, even though there is an error, the page does still save the value. 

5/22/2014 10:59 AM
What about a mobile version so that some of us that are away from a computer for a long length still can be able to use that pages with ease. I use a Windows Phone so somethings on this game doesn't work on my phone.
5/22/2014 8:41 PM
Speaking of mobile, the drag and drops in the depth chart, etc really get buggy on a phone when you zoom, drag the screen around, and such.
5/22/2014 9:08 PM
I could not get the drag to work on my phone.
5/23/2014 9:37 AM (edited)
Used to be, you could just click on office and it would go to the office. Now you have to open the office drop down and click on home. Same with all the other menu items -- used to be able to get to the top choice by clicking on the menu. Now you have to open the drop down and choose the link. Small but annoying change. Adds lots of clicks to my navigating experience.
5/23/2014 10:09 PM
I absolutely hate the new game planning format. The 3.0 version was much cleaner. You could set your whole offensive game plan in one quick swoop. Now you have to scroll through 7 or 8 options, and the sliders vs no sliders thing is just stupid.
5/25/2014 12:08 AM
I lost my individual practice plans?  I imported from my other team, but that was freaking useless....all it did was pull in the formation practice....who gives a crap about that.  UGH
5/25/2014 10:05 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.