1995 Post-Strike Baseball Franchise Draft Topic

By the way funkybbfreak, you did the right thing: anyone who has gone through the airport in Atlanta has sufficient reason for wanting it excluded after a baseball contraction !
6/27/2014 9:09 AM
"Amen" to that, italyprof.
6/27/2014 9:41 AM
Posted by marcstuart on 6/27/2014 8:56:00 AM (view original):
I will assume that since I've submitted my keeper list, we can proceed with the next phase of the draft.  This takes out a bit of the sting of being last in the team phase of the draft, but St Louis still has a long way to go:

Pedro Martinez-P

I will have the available player list posted in just an hour or two and start an official draft thread, but you are correct that Pedro is available and I will mark him down as your first pick. 

I'll be sitemailing everyone in just a little bit with more details. 

6/27/2014 9:49 AM
I'm assuming we have a 14 round draft to fill out our rosters. It might make us move a bit quicker if we changed our keepers from 10 to 14, a 10 round draft would save a couple weeks of drafting from a 14 rounder.  (and going forward in subsequent years, make it mandatory that we keep 14 players each year. (it would mean we'd have some tough cuts from year to year but lend to a more competitive league).

Also, may I suggest we eliminate the AAA component? We're going to have pretty deep teams as it is (and it would make IP more valuable).

6/27/2014 11:23 AM
The "bad" teams don't have 14 guys worth keeping, i don't think. Also, since we are protecting 10 that means we will be drafting 15, not 14, correct? Indifferent about the AAA.
6/27/2014 11:41 AM
Allowing the better teams to protect 4 more players makes it all that much more difficult for the poorer teams to "catch up" in my opinion.
6/27/2014 11:45 AM
The draft thread has been posted. We're moving over there for the rest of the way. 

6/27/2014 3:25 PM
Not changing the rules now, we are underway. 

6/27/2014 3:26 PM
been doing these leagues for 13 years now, what do I know?
6/27/2014 4:50 PM
Excussssseeere me for expressing my opinion!!!
6/27/2014 4:57 PM
The one thing I am open to if a majority agrees is dumping the AAA element. We should all be able to draft deep enough that we don't really need them. 

That said, my default position is to go with the rules as written, but not having AAA is no problem for me. 

6/27/2014 5:01 PM
I agree funkybb. No AAA, it's already a near- All Star cast. 
6/27/2014 5:05 PM
If we are on the clock at some point in this draft then the difference between 14 rounds and 10 rounds is only 4 days and the whole draft will only take a couple of weeks more or less. 

In any our commish is right, not a good idea to change the rules after we have all posted keepers and the interesting part is drafting 15 players now for a team from the existing pool.
6/27/2014 5:08 PM
We are definitely not changing the number of keepers. It's set and we're off. 

I am however, as I said, open to dropping AAA. I just sent a sitemail to everyone on that, please take a sec to reply with your vote. 

6/27/2014 5:15 PM
Another suggestion for future seasons ( if I dare be so "bold") : conduct the drafts thru a draft center rather than thru a thread because the draft center automatically updates who is available and who is not after every pick.
6/27/2014 5:16 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
1995 Post-Strike Baseball Franchise Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.