The Starr Engine. Topic

I added a feature in the tools that allows you to permanently plug in a player you believe may break the Starr Score (SS) 100 mark. Any player that accomplishes this is definitely one of the greatest and will be added on the website to the Hall of Fame. I will keep my eye on these players and once they graduate, I will remove them from the list and if they break the 100 mark, I will induct them into the Hall of Fame :) Whatifsports is not letting me properly paste the direct link.
9/1/2014 5:06 PM (edited)
Starr's Watch List
DIII Hall of Fame (all worlds)  I can get most of the players in the worlds I play in but I am counting on all of you to find me the greatest DIII players in other worlds.  It doesn't have to be your own player.
9/1/2014 8:50 PM (edited)
I made some minor updates to the website.  For starters, I got rid of the DIII greatest teams feature; It was too much for me.  I updated the coach scores for the Crum and Wooden worlds (I will update again for Wooden when the new season starts).  The coach scores feature actually allows for me to easily keep track of the number of coaches playing in each world for each season.  You will notice on =SE's homepage, you can see how many coaches are currently playing in each world and if the numbers are higher or lower than the previous season.  Of course, this only applies to the 4 worlds I am keeping track of coach scores for, though I am considering bringing in a new world.  If I do, I am really hoping for the "one a day" worlds.  Please let me know here what world you'd like to see coach scores come to.

On the new Starr Watch tool, I have made updates so that if you put in your player's profile link, all of the other ratings will plug in for you and automatically update on their own.  Thank you to the coaches who have submitted players so far, it helps me tremendously and puts your player in the spotlight while he grows.

As always, the website's link address is:  http://StarrEngine.yolasite.com
9/5/2014 9:32 AM (edited)
Glad you didn't give up on the Starr engine, ez.  Love your work here!
9/5/2014 1:05 PM
Thanks pepwaves :)
9/5/2014 7:29 PM
I'm giving away a free season to the first person who can find me a DIII player with over a 105 SS. They have to be playing now or graduated since WIS started keeping records a few seasons back. Any world is considered and please provide the link (I'll run their score). If you can't find a 105 SS player, then find me 3 100+ players and I'll award you the free season as well. If you aren't familiar with the website or Starr Scores, the links are above.<br />
<br />
Don't be sad if you can't find one, they're few and far between. Also don't be sad I am up so late even when I have to be up by 5:00am for work. My insomnia keeps me up but also allows me to wake up nice and early. Yay.
9/8/2014 1:20 AM
Two guys to check...don't think they will have a 105 SS, but it's worth a try:

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2696985

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=0&pid=2690378
9/8/2014 2:34 AM
And these guys:

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerHistory/Ratings.aspx?&pid=2575513

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerHistory/Ratings.aspx?&pid=2609379

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerHistory/Ratings.aspx?&pid=2609369

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerHistory/Ratings.aspx?&pid=2609381
9/8/2014 2:43 AM (edited)
Donald Catalano makes it to 104.8. Is that close enough?

Eddie Dickey is at 102.9.

Wallace Wilson has a score of 100.9.

9/8/2014 9:12 AM
I really need to stop using this Chromebook to write on the forums as WIS doesn't know what to do with it, haha. Anyway...<br />
<br />
Wow well first of all nice work both of you for finding me some great players. Carson some of the ones you gave me made me really wish the Starr Scores in Rupp were still working. I added many of these guys to my Starr Watch until I can get them into the Hall of Fame. Pepwaves, I'd be very interested in a reading Coach Report for Andrew Bunch, the guy already broke the 100 mark and still has a full season left on top of any growth between seasons. Great find.<br />
<br />
Pepwaves was first but the 4 players listed in his second post don't have IQ ratings and Chris Cawley needs a FT rating as well. Pepwaves, it would be great if you could site mail them to me for Cawley, Purvis and Nault as those 3 may or may not make the Hall of Fame depending on their final IQs. I'll take your word for it. &#160;Really only two of them need to break 100 for you to earn the free season, as Andrew Bunch already makes it.&#160;<br />
<br />
Carson, the 104.8 wasn't quite enough to earn you the free season, but you were the first to give me 3 players over 100 SS that I could verify right away. You earn the free season for that, congrats man :) So basically you and Pepwaves both came in first. As for everyone else, while it may not earn you a free season, please feel free to continue to add players to the Starr Watch if you want them to be considered some of the greatest of all time and get your name in there with the other legendary coaches. Breaking the 100 SS is not an easy task... it should be remembered and shown for all to see.<br />
<br type="_moz" />
9/9/2014 12:58 AM
Can I get a link to a personal team comparison tool again? I think I would like to see the updated version that you have been working on. I use the Team Comparison tool a ton and it has increased my winning percentage over and over and helps me gameplan around the team that I am playing at DII, I want to test the new one at DI and see how it works at that level and let you know. I will tell you that the DII level works well, maybe not as good as it works at DIII but it does predict very accurately and helps me to win games by more than the prediction and helps me to either bring it inside or outside in terms of defense when I am not quite sure about my opponents tendancies. Let me know if you can get me an updated team comparison tool. Thanks
9/16/2014 9:25 AM
hey I am just seeing your post now, sorry it's been so long since I checked this forum. &#160;I can't really send links from my chromebook. &#160;I actually wasn't aware it could work for DII or DI, I thought I had only inputted links to DIII teams. &#160;I may be thinking of the wrong program though.
10/8/2014 7:44 PM
It definitely works for DII, not as good I have seen but it definitely works enough for me to use it and help me win more games especially ones that I would not otherwise win, or get close to winning them rather than being blown out. 
11/6/2014 1:02 PM
◂ Prev 12345
The Starr Engine. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.