Posted by nukelaloosh on 6/9/2014 2:19:00 PM (view original):
I would wager there will be people that drop out no matter which way a vote goes on the IR rule.

Why would a person drop if there is IR? It allows you not to lose a player that you've had on your roster just because he got hurt or spent a year in the minors. Jim Palmer missed a year, Paul Molitor missed a year, many others did as well. Why penalize an owner who diligently built their roster correctly, as opposed to making it easy by putting a good player in the player pool right when his best years are about to happen. Doesn't that defeat the idea of baseball knowledge and research that fans who enjoy this site so obviously enjoy?
6/9/2014 6:23 PM
Because the CL survived this long as it is. Most of the owners that have signed up for this league are CL owners and will want this reboot to closely resemble the old league.

Whether or not the rule is a good one is open to opinion, I give you that.
6/10/2014 11:32 PM
Posted by nukelaloosh on 6/10/2014 11:32:00 PM (view original):
Because the CL survived this long as it is. Most of the owners that have signed up for this league are CL owners and will want this reboot to closely resemble the old league.

Whether or not the rule is a good one is open to opinion, I give you that.
Oh alright, good point.
6/11/2014 2:20 AM
we only need one more to join.

6/11/2014 7:40 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
FULL.

Now if there is anyone that would like to join if someone drops out, go ahead and post or site-mail me.
6/12/2014 7:50 PM
so what's the modified snake

someone splain

i might could get behind that if the idea is to give everyone a equal shot at a good team
6/12/2014 10:01 PM
and i am willing to dump the no IR rule

what else we need to vote on
6/12/2014 10:03 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 6/12/2014 10:01:00 PM (view original):

someone splain

i might could get behind that if the idea is to give everyone a equal shot at a good team
im with ya here. i asked smeric to give some details. 

Im voting to have a DL. Tommy John is killing me. 

Also im voting to keep the 25 man keeper list. I think that if you do a good enough job drafting you should be able to keep your guys. 
6/13/2014 1:37 AM
Posted by chrondon84 on 6/13/2014 1:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 6/12/2014 10:01:00 PM (view original):

someone splain

im with ya here. i asked smeric to give some details. 

Im voting to have a DL. Tommy John is killing me. 

Also im voting to keep the 25 man keeper list. I think that if you do a good enough job drafting you should be able to keep your guys. 
I agree with the 25 man keeper list and I definitely want an IR
6/13/2014 3:21 AM
The original Centennial League is the first one I played in without an IR rule, and while occasionally irritating early on, I've come to appreciate it as another level of strategy. You simply prioritize drafting guys who play every year. Also, it's kind of neat to have guys returning from missing a year pop up in the draft pool--making it extra strong. 
6/13/2014 9:22 AM
Busy this morning but will post here later today the full info on draft slots and the lottery system. In short, every owner will be assigned a time in Monday's NY Lottery. When all 24 number slots have rolled in, they will be ranked by lowest #s and that's how the original draft order will be determined. It's fully transparent and will soon be self-explanatory. 
6/13/2014 9:25 AM
6/13/2014 9:30 AM
I vote to keep all original CL rules. I signed up for a CL reboot, I want a CL reboot. No IR. 25 keepers.
6/13/2014 2:30 PM
ditto. CL reboot.
6/13/2014 6:06 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...10 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.