** TRIPLE FAKE WIS PRESS RELEASE ** Topic

[Cincinnati OH] In a surprise move, What-If-Sports, a wholly unsupported division of Fox Sports, announced sweeping changes to their flagship program, Gridiron Dynasty.  The game, previously available under a subscription model, is now being phased to a free-to-play version.  "It's the logical next step" said WIS CIO (Chief Interface Officer) "Red" Hawk.  "We noticed that when we gave away free seasons, the populations of our game worlds exploded, and once the free seasons expired, the game worlds looked like an alumni meeting of the "Notre Dame Championship Teams of the last two decades" club. 

In addition to the "free-to-play" model, WIS spokesman O. Ray Olfann was excited about the new "in app purchase" program.  "We felt we had to do something to level the playing field," he said.  "We simply couldn't continue to allow things like skill and dedication to learning the game be deciding factors in game success.  Too many new users were chased away by lack of immediate overwhelming success."

"Included in the in-app purchases are several "power ups" that have been requested by our dedicated players for many, many nano-seconds" added former chief programmer and current janitorial assistant Norbert O. Norbert.  Among the new features are:

* INSTA-SIGN option for recruits - No more waiting around for recruits to sign.  Pay $1.00, and a player will sign with you immediately, even if other coaches are pursuing the player.  (If more than one coach uses an insta-sign on a player, each coach will receive an identical player.)

*VISION BOOST - Just because you play in a lower division doesn't mean you should be restricted to recruits for that division.  This $5 booster allows you to see any player in the game, including 5th year seniors on top D1A teams!  Use with the Insta-Sign booster for even more effect!

*STAT MAXER - Still can't find someone you like?  Give a Stat Maxer tablet to one of your players, and their attributes will shoot to 100 across the board.  25 cents per player for one game, $2.00 per player for the entire season.

*BRING HOME THE GOLD - For serious players only, this $25 mega boost guarantees your team will win a National Championship.  No more will you have to sweat out that second half game results - this one puts it in the bag.  (If more than on team purchases the Bring Home the Gold booster, each team will win a National Championship.  They had split champions in the past, so this makes the game EVEN MORE REALISTIC!)

WIS President Tom Zentmeyer added "This new model should be implemented in the very near future - around 1pm I would estimate.
We encourage all of our long-time devoted GD players to purchase multiple 10-packs prior to this, so they won't miss out on the fun."

5/30/2014 1:50 PM
    Sounds like the next logical step 
5/30/2014 2:01 PM
SWEET!!!!!! Where do I sign up!!!!!
5/30/2014 7:25 PM (edited)
If I send in $50 will I be able to win a National Championship for my regular ID and for my ghost ID?  
5/30/2014 3:57 PM
I was thinking more like $75...do I hear $100???
5/30/2014 5:30 PM
I have the cash to get those titles! Awesome.
5/30/2014 6:38 PM
Bob, you have too much time on your hands....a direct reflection of WIS not giving you a product that you can actually work with.  LOL
5/30/2014 7:00 PM
Triple Fake JConte would be proud.  Would be nice to see them offer IAP to set depth charts and multiple playbooks.  Additional premium costs to run programs like DePaul and Marquette would be good too.
5/30/2014 11:27 PM
Bob, are you caught up on your blogs?  
5/31/2014 9:35 AM
Great ideas Bob! But let's go one step further. What about random charms that can be found by coaches - A rams head at Colorado that gives all DB 90 speed - smelly sweatsocks at Rutgers that gives all OL 90 strength - magic rainwater at Washington that lets QB's have 90 GI and Tech! The options are limitless!
5/31/2014 12:58 PM
I think 0bigzeke0 is on to something.
5/31/2014 3:31 PM
More like just  "on something".  Magic Rainwater?    This is a SIMULATION game, man!  Please!
5/31/2014 4:09 PM
Delete this thread now before you give these morons at WIS any bright ideas.
5/31/2014 7:38 PM
Posted by stalagna on 5/31/2014 7:38:00 PM (view original):
Delete this thread now before you give these morons at WIS any bright ideas.
You mean these are not options? I wanted to purchase the WTF SIMIA Shield - which prevents upset by teams that haven't had a human coach since v2.0 was introduced and they end up manhandling your team.
6/1/2014 12:58 PM
What about the Double Secret Lou Holtz Handshake boost which allows you to offer a $50,000.00 sports car as a booster gift?

Or the Knute Rockne Win One For Gipper halftime speech?

Or the Tim Tebow God Is On My Side Boost with the special Jump Pass Over The Heathens play?
6/2/2014 3:28 PM
12 Next ▸
** TRIPLE FAKE WIS PRESS RELEASE ** Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.