52M Rosters & Commentary (V45) Topic

Final Rosters

1. smokey57 - W. Chamberlain, D. Williams, Tracy McGrady, Antonio McDyess, D. Roundfield, J. Dumars, C. Dudley
2. sixernuggets - D. Rodman, Bob McAdoo, Mookie Blaylock, Walt Bellamy, M. Richmond, C. Alexander, R. Beaubois
3. jhsukow - Michael Jordan, Buck Williams, Larry Nance, Troy Murphy, Jose Calderon, R. Anderson, Grant Hill
4. banditone - Moses Malone, C. Billups, Kevin Love, Connie Hawkins, Jeff Hornacek, S. Haywood, G. Lehman 
5. tricky24 - Lebron James, Tyson Chandler, Serge Ibaka, Bob Lanier, Nick Anderson, Javale McGee, G. Dragic
6. steelers 821 - Kareem A. Jabbar, Bobby Jones, Brent Barry, Pau Gasol, Clifford Ray, D. Thompson,
7. pennsylvania - Charles Barkley, Bill Walton, Steve Nash, Rodney McCray, Cedric Maxwell, Kenny Smith, P. Ellison
8. scudmissle - Karl Malone, Dikembe Mutombo, Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo, Lamar Odom, Ron Harper, R. Tarpley
9. vancem - Dwight Howard, Gary Payton, Clyde Drexler, Anthony Mason, Dale Davis, A. Sabonis, Michael Redd
10. thomcat - Shaquille O'Neal, Jerry Lucas, Terry Porter, Chris Mullin, AC Green, Jason Terry, Marcin Gortat
11. maglor1 - David Robinson, Kevin McHale, Marques Johnson, Derek Harper, Don Buse, Toni Kukoc, A. Iguodala
12. eleibowitz - Chris Paul, Elton Brand, Joakim Noah, Paul Pressey, Kawhi Leonard, Jeff Ruland, Eddie Griffin
13. dh555 - Kevin Durant, DeAndre Jordan, Horace Grant, Amare Stoudemire, Andrew Bynum, K. Johnson, J. Nelson
14. logain - Artis Gilmore, Shawn Marion, Kobe Bryant, Walt Frazier, Willis Reed, Paul Milsap, Russell Westbrook
15. slymonium - Ben Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Anthony Davis, Charlie Ward, Larry Sanders, Vince Carter, J. Tinsley
16. amerk1180 - Kevin Garnett, Stephen Curry, Dirk Nowitzki, Swen Nater, Danny Green, Adrian Dantley, Manute Bol
17. natenoy - Bill Russell, Andre Drummond, James Harden, Jerry West, Kenneth Faried, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George
18. 98average - Dwayne Wade, A. Mourning, Andrei Kirilenko, Tree Rollins, Nate McMillan, K. Washington, D. Armstrong
19. jkaye24 - Larry Bird, Marcus Camby, Patrick Ewing, Maurice Cheeks, C. Weatherspoon, A. Varejao, C. Ceballos
20. longtallbrad - Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tom Boerwinkle, Gerald Wallace, Bo Outlaw, A. Bogut, Mark Price
21. tarheel1991 - Magic Johnson, Oscar Robertson, Wes Unseld, Josh Smith, T. Brandon, C. Edge, S. Dalembert
22. felonius - John Stockton, Scottie Pippen, Donyell Marshall, Carlos Boozer, Gus Johnson, A. Robertson, K. Anderson
23. mikee1 - H. Olajuwon, Anfernee Hardaway, Chris Webber, Mel Daniels, Chris Andersen, A. Horford, W. Person
24. iccoachb - Jason Kidd, Julius Erving, Paul Pierce, Robert Parish, Charles Oakley, Eddie Jones, Shane Battier
6/11/2014 9:22 PM (edited)
As an owner of a perreinial lottery team, I'd love any thoughts on my MJ over LeBron pick. In the ODL, I would have taken James, but in the 52 I thought I'll take more minutes.
6/2/2014 8:52 PM
i like less minutes in the 52... meaning, more intense mins... lebron is certainly more intense with that 1 amazing season (60%efg) of his... still, how can you go wrong with the "greatest" player of all time? the only flaw i've noticed with jordan (i have him in the odl right now), is his occasional ghost game where he doesn't show up. about 1 in 7 games he does that.

however, he REALLY shows up (+ 5-7%) over his RL stats about 1 in 5 games. he consistently boards and dimes over his RL stats too, but so does lebron. james's dimes seem over the top a lot of the time. sim favors his game.

i know i did not shed any light on your choice, jh, but jordan was a very solid pick. but at no.3? perhaps 1 or 2 slots too early.
6/2/2014 9:12 PM (edited)
Lebron just shouldn't go below 2, it's clear to me. Besides minutes is there a category any MJ beats 12-13 Lebron in? Ok maybe a 100 def season. The PF difference is an underrated edge as well Lebron has.
6/2/2014 9:56 PM
Okay scud now tell us why Shaq should have been picked over DH.
6/2/2014 9:56 PM
PF being fouls, not the position. He has the position over MJ too but not sure it's an edge. Though Id love to see someone try a high ast concept
6/2/2014 9:58 PM
u'r a dog, vancem!

well, dwight is a great player, no doubt... but shaq consistently dominates, no matter if rodman or wilt or some other 90 defender is on him. howard does not do that. sure, howard has a 30%dreb stat, as well as a high efficiency shooting, but he is a 24% usage dude, similar to drob. yes, great players, but i see howard falling into the same kind of category as artis. boards, defense and high efg%. wonderful to have, but not too intimidating. shaq can carry a team... howard and drob, artis need the "perfect" players around them to make them shine. imo.

great owners know how to build with drob, howard and artis. you are a great owner, so, howard fits your plans. i am not a great owner, so, i avoid that dude. middle-of-the-road owners draft karl malone!! haha
6/2/2014 10:10 PM
What! You and I are both great owners and 3 time champs in this league like dh555. Only uvasooner is better than we are lol.

I'm going with the 27% usage 59 EFG% Howard. My round 2 plan is a secret. I just might go natenoy or smokey57 crazy in rounds 2 and 3. Karl Malone is a great pick and I might have taken him if you hadn't. But when Barkley went at 7, a bit too high IMO, that opened the door for more possiblities. I tried the Shaq thing once and screwed it up. I have also been lusting after Howard for a while now but never had the chance to take him. No doubt Shaq can carry a team in this league. dh555 just won the title with him 2 seasons ago.
6/2/2014 10:23 PM
the last time i won in this league was... um... 3 days before water was invented.

still, 27% is not 32%. i think maybe that's the difference between great and dominant. that extra 5%. 27% usage still allows you to go for a high profile shooter.

i do not like the idea of having you draft before me every other round. 

6/2/2014 10:49 PM (edited)
No man I only take players away in the draft for fun from dh555, tarheel and ashamael. But you and I tend to think alike so I might steal one or two of your guys. Your favorite old school PG is a nice fit to go with the SG that I am hoping to get. But I might take a more modern player with similar qualities.

Rodman was a very safe pick for sixernuggets. He promised not to tank this season. I loved most of the guys that he took last season in RL but in the SIM they pretty much suck.

Seeing my PDX pal get Ben Wallace is a bit frightening. He is the current champ and knows how to build a winner around a player like big Ben.

Lebron at # 5 really??? There's only one player at 60 EFG% and more than 30 usage people!

Oh yeah natenoy was included at the last minute but hasn't even opened his site mail LOL!
6/2/2014 11:02 PM
Shite, I guess winning this thing comes with the responsibility of evals huh? I can only hope to be as comical as dh, as thorough as ash and as blunt as vance.
6/3/2014 1:06 AM
Thanks sly for the compliment about being blunt . . . I think?
6/3/2014 9:37 AM
Posted by jkaye24 on 6/2/2014 9:56:00 PM (view original):
Lebron just shouldn't go below 2, it's clear to me. Besides minutes is there a category any MJ beats 12-13 Lebron in? Ok maybe a 100 def season. The PF difference is an underrated edge as well Lebron has.
The fouls are a huge + for LeBron. While LBJ has more poistions to play, I prefer to build this seasons team around MJ. His higher usage and more minutes will hopefully lead to fewer substitions penalties. Thanks to everyone who chimed in; that's what makes this one of the really great leagues.
6/3/2014 11:29 AM
Totally agree, the banter is terrific. Obv sly just won the title with MJ. You made the finals in ODL with lebron so clearly both can give you what you need. I think the 12-13 season is possibly the top pick in ODL and #2 here, with the extra cap to build a Wilt-led beast
6/3/2014 12:47 PM

Scud, thx. I only play in draft leagues and imagine it will be a long time before I see the '66' Wilt in a $52m cap again. I've never built a '66' wilt team before..I'm approaching it as though I just draft a 25ppg Rodman. ABAB format too, this is as good as it will ever get.

6/3/2014 2:45 PM
1|2|3...16 Next ▸
52M Rosters & Commentary (V45) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.