NEW Revised Geographical Prog League FULL Topic

I see your point about people drafting when they want, but I think just for sanity's sake and so we can keep some track of who has been drafted we will draft in an order anyway, even if at first off the clock. Otherwise it could seem like a free for all and I don't want people confused in subsequent rounds about who has already been drafted. 

But let's say that missing a turn is not serious when on the clock in this draft, since no one else can draft the players you can in any given round, so no one needs to be stressed about it. 

7/2/2014 7:32 AM
This looks interesting..id like to try
7/4/2014 9:09 PM
Welcome cleonjones ! I remember the 1969 Mets very well - they were the first team I followed. That summer no one in the Metropolitan area seemed to talk about anything else. 

We are at 14 now ! Tomorrow if I get a chance I will run the random tables for all the draft rounds and post them in the Theme League so people can begin their research with a better sense of who is likely to be still available in the rounds and regions they have ended up with. 

1.. italyprof

2.shawbigred
3.stroh23
4.rhinokb
5.bubloo
6.coloradokid
7.shysters3
8.sooners07
9.bagchucker
10.mini157
11.chargingryno
12.cardsfan
13.dnmchill
14.cleonjones
7/6/2014 7:02 AM
In the Theme Leagues Forum under "Geography League Draft Order" you will find the draft order listings first for owners for all rounds and then for regions. The number of the owner in each round corresponds to the same number for the region they will draft from for that round. 

I have posted our draft rules there as well. Owner Y is the next owner to join, and Owner Z is the one after that. So the next two owners to join can also see where they will draft from in each round, and I have posted helpful hints there as to how to do research from the list for each region on www.baseball-reference.com/bio to help you all with your drafting. 

C'mon folks, we just need two more owners and we can start ! 

7/6/2014 7:45 PM
I will become owner Y..............why?..........I dont know..................third base.
7/6/2014 8:33 PM
Okay I'm the last in, i think.  If not waitlist me.  Do I understand that there is no salary cap?
7/6/2014 10:12 PM
sweet :) 
7/6/2014 10:38 PM
Another question.  "Rookie Season" does it mean their actual debut year or first year in WIS database?  
7/6/2014 11:41 PM
I believe its the FIRST season in WIS database
7/7/2014 2:37 AM
grayfoxx and benfc welcome ! 

Yeah ! 

If you all check the Theme Leagues Forum under "Geography League Draft Order" you will see that all the draft rounds are now posted with the owners and regions listed. So you can figure out who you are likely to have available. 

grayfoxx will have a particularly difficult first-round choice - "Texarkana" includes Hornsby, Frank Robinson, Ernie Banks, Joe Morgan and others. 

benfc drew New England with a host of Hall of Famers - Carlton Fisk, Jack Chesbro, John Clarkson, Rabbit Maranville and many others. 

And yes, chargingryno is right, we can't draft anyone that ain't in the WIS database (no Candy Cummings for example, inventor of the curve ball), so we are drafting players' first WIS season. That means balancing not only positions as you see who is in your regions, to have a full squad, but also PA and IP for now and the near future. 

This should be fun and we are finally FULL !
7/7/2014 11:27 AM
Waitlist?

7/7/2014 11:33 AM
You are number one on the wait list crazyamos. Thanks I will sitemail you immediately if someone is a no-show. 
7/7/2014 11:55 AM
DRAFT WILL START WEDNESDAY JULY 9 10 AM EST IN THE THEME LEAGUES FORUM UNDER "GEOGRAPHY LEAGUE DRAFT ORDER". 

THE DRAFT MATCH UPS  FOR ALL ROUNDS ARE POSTED THERE. 
7/7/2014 11:58 AM
◂ Prev 1234
NEW Revised Geographical Prog League FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.