very true jbar. Especially pitchers in the AL who don't bat often. Some are just terrible. That's why I don't buy that it is ok to do with the pitcher in the sim. But whatever I've gotten over complaining about it it. If someone uses it on me I use it back to extreme levels.
6/28/2014 12:59 PM
Posted by jbar8888 on 6/28/2014 12:15:00 PM (view original):
Love the chat only response is how good the Pitchers seem to be at bunting when they squeeze...seems the pitchers are able to successfully lay a bunt down in any situation whether it leads to a run or advancing a runner with a higher percentage then they do in RL...when I watch a game on TV only a handful of can even make contact. ;)
It does seem clear that bunting success is based on the batter's position. Corner infielders and DHs are lousy bunters. Middle infielders, catchers and OF are good bunters. And apparently the programmers (back when WIS had them) thought pitchers could drop a backspin bunt onto a dime 32 feet down the line.

Which is why some players will bring a pitcher in to hit for their cleanup batter with a guy at third... true story. Or bring in a pitcher even with a stud batter on the bench (Ted Lilly, with Strawberry available, also a true story). If a RL manager did that, Ted would soon be headed to a plastic surgeon to remove the stitch marks from his temple. As this thread demonstrates there is grey area and reasonable people can disagree on much of it — should I have to risk a DP because the programming stinks; should weak hitters be able to bunt without ticking off the other owner; does IF not in make the bunt fair game; etc. Anyone who needs to win a pretend game badly enough to bring a pitcher in to squeeze home a run probably leads such a miserable life that it should be forgiven.
6/28/2014 3:21 PM
reported
7/1/2014 3:17 PM
◂ Prev 1234

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.