Season 74, D3 Topic

New season started, new thread started....now the Millsaps has lifted the curse, who is the next long-suffering soul contending for their first Rupp NC?
6/11/2014 4:32 PM
me :) I will gladly take on the curse Brian left behind. One man's trash is another man's treasure, I hear.
6/11/2014 7:01 PM
I would also gladly play in a national championship game even if I don't win!
6/11/2014 7:12 PM
My Vassar squad might be a darkhorse contender this year...I only lost Steven Sublett (an All-American, true) from last years' squad, and I like how my team shapes up.  I'll certainly inherit Brian's "long-suffering" moniker, with no titles to show for my 1000+ wins and 82% win percentage, including 2 Championship Game losses and 4 or 5 other Elite 8 or Final Four trips.  Plus I notice that my Brewers had two previous title game losses under their previous two coaches, so the school is 0-for-4 when it really matters.

But perhaps this is the year....oh wait, I just remembered I'm still running a zone and have not built a 60+ rated DEF/ATH/SPD team, so never mind.  Probably destined for another 1st or 2nd round exit again...

6/12/2014 3:50 AM
Hey guys. New coach of California Tech here. I just wondered why you guys stick around and build dynasties in DIII? I figured the end game would be to get to DI
6/18/2014 8:44 PM (edited)
Don't think of it as an end game, or as different levels of the game. Rather that each level is a different game unto itself, though DII and DIII are similar.

If your goal is to play the DI game, play it that way. If your goal if to play the DIII game, play it that way. Find the part of Hoops Dynasty that you find most enjoyable. Or don't choose at all and play in multiple worlds with a team in each division level. Whatever floats your boat.

I play DIII because to me it's the most enjoyable. I have zero interest in DI for a variety of reasons that aren't worth going into here. The bottom line is to make sure to have fun!

And if you have any questions in learning the game feel free to ask! Welcome!
6/12/2014 4:13 PM
Completely agree with the above.  I've played all 3 levels and enjoy D3 the most and D1 the least for probably similar reasons to jsa.  If you seek out the toughest environments for D3 (and Rupp in general is high on that list), then the competition isn't much different from the "higher" levels, imo.
6/12/2014 4:40 PM

New coach to the world.

If i'm lucky maybe ill make the NC in a few years.

6/12/2014 4:44 PM
Ok thanks guys and good luck this season! :)
6/12/2014 4:51 PM
I think its really cool what the community is doing here in D3 Rupp, so I joined to be a part of it.  D3 is the only level that I haven't really spent much time at, so no better place to start then here!
6/12/2014 5:07 PM
westcoast will be happy that Buena Vista got picked up.
6/12/2014 7:09 PM
Welcome clouseb, etmoney28 andtimjmiller, great to have you here in Rupp :) I joined Rupp because "I was promised there'd be cake." haha jk I didn't actually know much about the Rupp community when I first joined and that really sold me after. I hope you'll check the Rupp forums throughout the season like you check the Coaches Corner because there's always a lot of interesting stuff being posted. Maybe even some of you new guys will want to end up contributing in some fun way. There was even a coach once who used to do an MVPotN for a bit. That guy was really incredible, everybody loved him. ;)

tons of coaches here that are capable and would love to help if you guys have any questions about anything. Just keep an eye out for the one they call "Dapper Darnoc." He's the guy your mommy warned you about.
6/12/2014 7:21 PM
I don't have a preference D2 vs. D3 (D1 needs some tweaking, IMO), but in the worlds where I'm D3, I stay there because I'm in good leagues with some quality competition and I just enjoy the sense of friendship and competition. Ditto for my D2 teams...to me the game isn't as much about what level you play with as it who you're surrounded by at whatever division you're in.
6/12/2014 7:22 PM
Coaching Movement:

Coach Rating NewTeam OldTeam MoveType
pitino2 0 Calvin Centre Move
shaf5576 30.29 Nebraska Wesleyan
New
clouseb 8.81 Buena Vista
New
upsetcity 7.47 E. Connecticut St.
New
kbc167 5.08 Oberlin
New
cattoyz 3.3 Baruch
New
jonieves 0.31 Centre
New
bhask2 0 Wisconsin, Platteville
New
canes26u 0 Montclair St.
New
dhumper 0 Nichols
New
etmoney28 0 St. Norbert
New
leximia 0 Lake Forest
New
lzecchino188 0 Rowan
New
mattwithanh 0 Randolph-Macon
New
minnow 0 Pacific
New
mkieffer 0 Oglethorpe
New
monstermic13 0 Rhode Island
New
mrvj 0 New England
New
riceformvp 0 Ramapo
New
sixfivepg 0 E. Oregon
New
tenntuxedo 0 Mount St. Mary
New
thebe 0 Franklin
New
timjmiller 0 California Tech.
New
zorzii 0 Clarkson
New
rm61 34.58
Oglethorpe Left
rds_lsu 16.5
Fairleigh Dickinson, Florham Left
jana23 14.29
Medgar Evers Left
whit6r 12.79
John Carroll Left
prc56 8.64
Calvin Left
ab90 8.02
E. Connecticut St. Left
cuck 7.56
SUNY Cortland Left
zac9 6.7
Kalamazoo Left
pgj930 5.37
Ramapo Left
bhall33 5.01
Marywood Left
usjgt 4.86
Eureka Left
dereksilcox 3.75
Denison Left
cactusrose 3.22
Nichols Left
davinius 2.16
Westfield St. Left
alecmac15 0
Fontbonne Left
captcluch 0
Mount St. Mary Left
coridu 0
Chestnut Hill Left
courtneyosu 0
Otterbein Left
crno1 0
Wilmington Left
crwkmw123 0
Amherst Left
dawgnuts 0
St. Mary's of Maryland Left
daydah 0
St. John Fisher Left
daydaw 0
Lake Forest Left
feltrop13 0
Castleton St. Left
hammy1963 0
Hamilton Left
jvcoach 0
Wisconsin, Superior Left
kubasnack 0
Dubuque Left
mattgarner24 0
Hanover Left
neohio29 0
Case Western Reserve Left
okunion 0
New York U. Left
rpa035 0
La Grange Left
schillin 0
Keene St. Left
tannermcc1 0
California Tech. Left
6/12/2014 11:48 PM
Posted by bullman17 on 6/12/2014 7:09:00 PM (view original):
westcoast will be happy that Buena Vista got picked up.
Wooohoooo!!!!  Hated seeing my old squad fall away.
6/13/2014 2:38 AM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸
Season 74, D3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.