Season 74, D3 Topic

I will occasionally be posting a SotD this season. It is difficult to find a really interesting one, and so there won't be one every day. If anyone finds one feel free to site mail me, or just post it yourself. Good luck this season everyone!
6/19/2014 11:31 AM
With the first game of the season in the books let's recap on what happened last night.

GotN Review
#2 Millsaps 104 - #25 Johnson and Wales 70
Millsaps showed the world they are ready to add another championship banner as they opened the season with a convincing win against JWU, 104-70. The game was nothing like last year with Millsap opening with a 30 point lead at halftime. Pierre Leight led all scorers with 23 as he came off the bench for Millsaps. Look for Johnson and Wales to bounce back against Whitman tonight.

Games Worth Noting:
Wooster upset ranked Lebanon Valley 70-62; #10 Susquehanna held off Aurora 55-32; #11 South Vermont pulled away from Mississippi College at the half to win 86-63; Dallas pulled off an overtime upset against Calvin, 75-71.

Blowout Watch:
#3 Vassar did not manage to beat the spread but still blew Waynesburg out of the water 101-54.

DAY 2

GotN:
#11 South Vermont(1-0) (funngun10) @ #2 Millsaps (1-0) (brianxavier)
Millsaps will be set on the national stage again tonight as they play in the only game with two ranked teams. Their opponent this time will be #11 South Vermont who is coached by funngun10. It will be an interesting game to say the least as we will see if the 34 point blowout against JWU was a fluke.

Games Worth Noting:
#8 Chapman @ Mount St. Mary; #10 Susquehanna @ Allegheny; Dickinson @ #14 Hamline; #13 Emory @ Lehman College.

Blowout Watch:
#1 Whittier @ Thomas More
It'll be fun to see if Thomas More manage to make the 46 point spread.

Again please remember this was all done on mobile so if you see any mistakes then point them out. Also I am just filling in until pseudochamp gets back so just suffer through the first couple games :)
6/19/2014 8:58 PM (edited)
Posted by bullman17 on 6/19/2014 10:54:00 AM (view original):
Three cheers for Tim for picking up the slack!
+1

Props Tim!!

6/19/2014 2:28 PM
Hip Hip Hooray Tim! Not many are willing to try to fill Pseudo's big GotN shoes :) Haha I wish you didn't note my game though. I expect to be blown out by many teams this season, one of my worst seasons in a while I bet. I tried to blame Darnoc at first but ended up deciding it was all Pseudochamp's fault! I bet he's laughing it up out there on his cruise ship.
6/19/2014 3:53 PM
Ha thanks guys but I write these at work because I'm extremely bored and have nothing better to do so it isn't that big of a bother for me :)
6/19/2014 9:00 PM
That's great news. If I know Pseudochamp (and I think I do) he was hoping we would all be suffering withdrawal right now so when he came back he could charge us a premium for his services. A cruel joke, but that's the Pseudochamp we've all come to know :)
6/19/2014 11:39 PM
Well we're back after another exciting night of Basketball :)

DAY 2

GotN:
#1 Millsaps 97 - South Vermont 81
Our GotN was a tight game until about 30 minutes in. Millsaps was down 2 with 10:36 to go in the second half before breaking open the game with a 17-0 run. Pierre Leigh led Millsaps in scoring again with 18 points off the bench and this victory has extended Millsaps streak to 37 straight wins! A good job to South Vermont though for keeping the streak in jeopardy for most of the game.

Games Worth Noting:
#4 Chapman ended up with a convincing 63-44 win over Mount St. Mary; #7 Susquehanna beat Allegheny 59-35 in a defensive showcase; Dickinson upset Hamline 95-63, although you can hardly call it an upset with that spread; #9 Emory finished out the night with a 78-54 victory against Lehman College.

Blowout Watch:
#2 Whittier 84 -Thomas More 54
And the underdogs make the spread for the second week in a row with Thomas More staying within 30 of top ranked Whittier

Day 3

GotN

#18 Penn State Altoona (2-0)(frankgrimes1) @ #11 Christopher Newport (2-0) (mroylanc)
The first non Millsaps GotN features two top 20 teams going head to head. This will be the first time these two coaches will face off and it is sure to be a good one. The bookies in Vegas have given this game an even spread. Both teams are deep with Penn State Altoona having an advantage in upperclassmen and Cristopher Newport having a slight edge in talent.

Games Worth Noting:
#16 Dickinson @ #23 Johnson and Wales; Calvin @ #12 Earlham; #8 Lynchburg @ Ohio Wesleyan; #7 Susquehanna @ Ursinus.

Blowout Watch:
#19 Worcester State hosts unranked Keuka and has a huge 73 point spread.

Good luck to everybody for Game 3 tonight :)
6/20/2014 7:42 PM
Started my 2nd job today so I was swamped with work. I'll continue tomorrow if pseudo isn't back by then. Good luck to everybody tonight!
6/21/2014 8:49 PM
Thanks Tim and GL with your new job!
6/22/2014 9:23 AM
stats of the day….

Millsaps vs. Dickinson

Millsaps had 40 fouls…  and Dickinson took 59 FTs.

Hats off to mfnmyers for taking me out on my home floor.  In other news, the family of the referee has offered a reward for his safe return.

6/22/2014 9:29 PM
Alright, I'm back from vacation and getting caught up on things, looking to get the GotD writeup posted later this afternoon.  Before that, big thanks to tim for covering the daily writeup for me while I was at sea, very nice job by him.  Also, a quick story from my trip.

Final day of the cruise and we dock at Cape Canaveral at 6am.  After debarking and going through customs, my wife and I are walking through the parking lot to catch our airport shuttle.  I'm pulling my suitcase and wearing my bright yellow Wooster "Fear the Scots" t-shirt.  A guy quickly walks into our path from the side, comes up to me, and excitedly says: "Hey, sorry to interrupt you but I saw your shirt and had to come over.  I went to Wooster, class of '86!"  He goes to shake my hand and happily waits for me to say what years I went to Wooster.  It was fantastic.  I smiled and explained that I hadn't gone there but I play an online college basketball game and I've coached Wooster for about 15 seasons, winning a national title along the way.

I was afraid he'd be bummed by me not going to the school, but he actually seemed genuinely amused by the story behind my shirt.  I told him that a good friend of mine "coached" Wittenberg and the guy responded with a comment about them being big rivals.  It was great.  He was a very nice guy and it was a very funny conversation.  Pretend basketball provides extra entertainment once again.
6/23/2014 11:44 AM
haha that same thing happened to me once Pseudo, but the guy who approached me was also pretend :)

All the rankings have been updated through game 5, and there's the option to view the previous rankings at the start of the season if you want to see how your players and team have progressed. I can't believe how fast Mark White broke the 100 mark this season, congrats to J&W and their coach, Spasticity. Also some pretty impressive D-Scores so far this season.

I don't know if any of you play in Iba, but coach scores will be coming to that world tonight.
6/23/2014 11:56 AM
Awesome story... Now that I have won a championship at Millsaps.... I guess I should get a shirt or hat at least!

What division are you doing coach scores for in Iba ES?

... I'm kind of a big deal in Iba D2.... ;)
6/23/2014 4:12 PM
brian: "I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal."

Really?

brian: "People know me."

Well, I'm very happy for you.

brian: "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
6/23/2014 4:58 PM
Alright, let's get to it, another season of GotN writeups.  Once again, snaps to timjmiller for filling in for me while I was getting my cruise on.

GotN
#7 Susquehanna (5-0)(zeuspole) at #2 Whittier (5-0)(windixies)
Two really nice games tonight featuring top ten teams, we'll go with the one with two undefeated squads.  It's Commonwealth at So.Cal with both teams on quite a roll to start off the season but this will be the toughest test so far for either team.  zeus leads the series 8-6 and his team is favored by 1 on the road.

Also considered: #1 Kenyon at #9 Millsaps, Wooster at #3 Webster, #4 Lynchburg at Wabash, #8 Earlham at Baldwin-Wallace, North Carolina Wesleyan at #17 S. Vermont, #23 Emerson at Ohio Wesleyan, UMass Dartmouth at #24 Ramapo

Sim blowout watch: Winless Lawrence is getting 54 points at home as they welcome #25 W. New England.

The ITaLRbHAGotN featured game is still on vacation and will return once the conference season starts up.
6/23/2014 5:12 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...9 Next ▸
Season 74, D3 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.