Site omits Negro Leagues players Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I think Italy you somewhat said this...but couldn't WIS estimate some of the Negro League stats just to get these players into the game.  It might be fun for them to compile stats and normalize them within the Negro League.  Or simply take some of the more popular Negro League players and estimate their stats and put them in the NL or AL and of the respective season they played and normalize to those leagues/seasons...just to get some of these names into the game.  It would probably take a little work, but would be a fun addition to the game.  I'd love to get Cool Papa Bell on my team.  The name alone is freakin' awesome. :-)
6/24/2014 8:14 PM
     Although Negro League player Joe 'Smokey' Williams sometimes had trouble getting certain Negro league players out. He had no trouble defeating the pennant winning 1912 New York Giants and the 1915 Philadelphia Phillies shutting them both out.  He later No-hit the 1917 New York Giants, striking out 20 as if they were a bunch of beer leaguer's. The Giants were a World Series representative.  In his spare time he defeated 5 Hall of Famers,( Alexander, Bender, Hoyt, Some guy named Walter Johnson and Marquard). Now I'm not calling baseball in the early part of the 20th century a AAAA 'beer league' but I wonder if "Smokey Joe" would ever want his name associated with a Simleague where guys couldn't even put a bat on his fastball.
6/25/2014 2:11 PM (edited)
Well put crimsonblue !
6/25/2014 1:08 PM
Here are "Smokey" Williams known stats from baseball-reference, leaves us in the same place as Josh Gibson I believe. There are however some 130+ IP seasons that are useable:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/nlb/player.cgi?id=willia001smo

6/26/2014 2:06 PM
◂ Prev 12
Site omits Negro Leagues players Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.