George W. Bush Topic

"To hear the IRS tell it, it wasn’t just the hard drive on Lerner’s computer that crashed; it was the hard drive on six other computers. The agency also lacked a centralized archive, it says now, and employed an archaic practice of re-using the tapes backing up its system every six months -- thereby erasing the material already there. Who knew the IRS was so frugal? In a similar vein, IRS employees had absurdly low limits for how many emails they could store. And the agency apparently allowed IRS employees to decide for themselves which emails constituted an official record, which they are required by law to retain.

Is any of this possible? Nancy Flynn, executive director and founder of the Ohio-based ePolicy Institute, thinks it could be. When Republicans heard the latest dog-ate-two-years-of-my-homework explanation, they thought cover-up. Flynn, who trains and consults companies on how to handle digital communications, thought of all the organizations she’s encountered which were similarly cluelessness about electronic record storage."

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/06/19/the_lois_lerner_emails_nothing_digital_ever_dies.html#ixzz359fEwfqB 
6/20/2014 1:37 AM
...and now we trust the complete incompetence of the government to handle our healthcare???

...like GWB invading Iraq, this happened for nefarious purposes.

6/20/2014 12:14 PM
I've grown jaded over time, as most of us do, but it still deeply saddens me when the government trots out the "we're not corrupt, we're just incompetent" excuse.  As if that were better.  I'd be more comfortable hearing the administration say "of course we attacked our political foes, sorry we got caught" than I am hearing "we can't provide you with proof that we didn't attack our political foes, because we lack a basic understanding of how to comply with digital record laws that we create."
6/20/2014 1:09 PM
While this is a jaded response, it's just politics.   It's been that way for as long as I can remember as I was 9 when Watergate happened. 
6/20/2014 1:17 PM
Get over it. Nothing happened. Do your work, repugs in the house. up that 9% approval. do something
6/20/2014 1:37 PM
Posted by examinerebb on 6/20/2014 1:10:00 PM (view original):
I've grown jaded over time, as most of us do, but it still deeply saddens me when the government trots out the "we're not corrupt, we're just incompetent" excuse.  As if that were better.  I'd be more comfortable hearing the administration say "of course we attacked our political foes, sorry we got caught" than I am hearing "we can't provide you with proof that we didn't attack our political foes, because we lack a basic understanding of how to comply with digital record laws that we create."
I'm not sure how you think the IRS has "political foes", especially since liberal groups were targeted as well.
6/20/2014 1:48 PM
Much like Bridgegate, it's assumed that the administration had a hand in it.   After all, the Dept of Transportaion has no ax to grind with the Dems.   And everyone was delayed by the lane closures.  
6/20/2014 2:37 PM
Wrongo, boyo
6/20/2014 3:13 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 6/20/2014 1:37:00 PM (view original):
Get over it. Nothing happened. Do your work, repugs in the house. up that 9% approval. do something
bump
6/24/2014 8:55 PM
Posted by DougOut on 6/20/2014 5:58:00 AM (view original):

HOW!  Let me be the first to say I think the Redskins is a racist name and check out my jewelry.  

I'm also pleading the fifth.  And i'm innocent. Pluswise I'm pleading the fifth anyways even though I declared innocence.

And while we're at it I think you should now know my e-mails were lost years ago in a horrible computer crash. 

I don't have to tell you why I didn't tell you guys years ago because I pleaded the fifth even though I declared my innocence directly after.

We do what we want here.  That's how we roll in Obama World.

And now that you know my e-mail crashed, I suppose you should also know the computers of six of my best friends and co-workers also crashed.  The ones that would know anything about anything including my BFF who talked to the White House every week instead of the 3 times we talked to BUSH over 8 years. 

Too bad this thing is so backed up even we can't cover it all up.

It's like I told the press.  Stuff happens.
bump
6/24/2014 9:13 PM
◂ Prev 1234
George W. Bush Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.