A Note to All Theme League Creators Topic

If you are creating a league with AAA, please make sure you set the Minors Salary Cap to OFF when you set up the league.

Otherwise you severely reduce roster flexibility and limit the whole point of having AAA players.  I've been in several leagues recently where AAA was used specifically to help owners counter fatigue, but the commissioners forgot to make this change to the league settings.

For those who aren't aware, the minors salary cap was one of several (ill-considered, in my opinion) changes that WIS implemented with the last update, largely to discourage use of the so-called "fatigue strategy."  When minors salary cap is set to ON, owners are limited in the total salary value they can have in AAA at any time - I believe it is 10% of the total team salary.  Which basically means in most leagues you can only rest 1 regular in AAA at a time, no matter how tired your guys might be.

To make matters worse, they have made ON the default value for this setting when anyone creates a new theme, so you have to remember to turn it OFF. 

6/23/2014 12:51 PM
A Note to All Theme League Creators Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.