scenario involving gbrett, jfoxx, i-rod? Topic

have a late inning scenario which i would like to see play out, as my new season gets underway. i'm seeking and searching for clues about how to make this happen, but it goes something like this:

in a high salary cap league, i have jfoxx as my starting catcher, with i-rod as my back-up. despite having gbrett at third base, and his lesser plate appearances from the .390 season, my hopes were that the sim manager would bring in i-rod, and move jfoxx to third base, to minimize the late season fatigue that gbrett will most certainly suffer, if he goes over his total plate appearances.

having searched as many readable forums on the subject, and that we do not live in a perfect world, i remain confused about double switch settings, etc., on this notion of preserving gbrett's abilities, as the season progresses. thanks for any feedback.
6/24/2014 1:11 PM
I would make sure to setup your Player Hierarchies for rest (and possibly defensive replacements) to read as follows:

C: IRod     JFoxx
3B: JFoxx    GBrett

That should tell Sparky that you want to bring IRod in at C and move JFoxx to 3B. No promises, but that would be my first start for setting this up. I don't think that Double Switch settings have anything to do about this, but I'm not 100% sure.
6/24/2014 3:25 PM
scenario involving gbrett, jfoxx, i-rod? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.